• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

January 21st 2013 Joined Date? you HAVE been waiting around to see how it goes around here!?! lol Welcome! :headbang: 

Well, yes and no. I signed up on CGC website in 2013 and had submitted some comics at San Diego Comic Con. I didn't explore the website being a bit single minded. I had heard about the boards a couple of years ago from some friends but wasn't sure what they were and recently I was prompted to look. Once I did some basic exploring I was astounded by the individuals participating and loving comics just like me. 

Thank you. I appreciate the warm welcome. 

Hey All~

I’m David from MD and was last collecting in the 90’s. I kept a box of precode horror since then and pulled it out of storage last month...and wouldn’t you know I’m feeling that bug again. I’m going to ease back in by looking to see what i have might be worth grading and going to Baltimore Comicon in a couple weeks(I will get sticker shock I’m sure).  Looking forward to sharing the hobby with everyone and getting up to speed!

On 10/5/2019 at 4:45 PM, Heyrube said:

Hey All~

I’m David from MD and was last collecting in the 90’s. I kept a box of precode horror since then and pulled it out of storage last month...and wouldn’t you know I’m feeling that bug again. I’m going to ease back in by looking to see what i have might be worth grading and going to Baltimore Comicon in a couple weeks(I will get sticker shock I’m sure).  Looking forward to sharing the hobby with everyone and getting up to speed!

Howdy David! Welcome to the boards :) 

Sticker Shock for Sure :eek: especially I hear on Pre-Code stuff lol Take your time to learn to make an informed decision.....

Hopefully you can find some fellow Baltimore Comic-Con threads in the "events section" to help prepare :wishluck: 

There are people in the golden age forum to help with ideas too :foryou: 

9 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Howdy David! Welcome to the boards :) 

Sticker Shock for Sure :eek: especially I hear on Pre-Code stuff lol Take your time to learn to make an informed decision.....

Hopefully you can find some fellow Baltimore Comic-Con threads in the "events section" to help prepare :wishluck: 

There are people in the golden age forum to help with ideas too :foryou: 

Edited by Heyrube
thanks, the forums are a wealth of info so far

Hello everyone
Long time lurker, thought I would finally go ahead and join.
Fantastic four is my main interest, but I do have a number of other titles as well.
Looking forward to meeting people, and hopefully making some new friends 
I can't believe the sweet name "Petunia Grimm" was still available, lol.

8 hours ago, PetuniaGrimm said:

Hello everyone
Long time lurker, thought I would finally go ahead and join.
Fantastic four is my main interest, but I do have a number of other titles as well.
Looking forward to meeting people, and hopefully making some new friends 
I can't believe the sweet name "Petunia Grimm" was still available, lol.

Welcome @PetuniaGrimm!

The fantastic four, you could say started it all :)

Hello, I have had a lifelong interest in comics started by my dad and nurtured by growing up in a remote cabin without TV. Following my dad's sudden death [as well as a novel full of other recent tragedies], I am back in my childhood home reading comics.

Adam

13 hours ago, Siskiyou Kidd said:

Hello, I have had a lifelong interest in comics started by my dad and nurtured by growing up in a remote cabin without TV. Following my dad's sudden death [as well as a novel full of other recent tragedies], I am back in my childhood home reading comics.

Adam

Hello Adam! :headbang: sorry for your loss, you are welcome here!  Glad that you have fond memories! ^^ 

12 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Hello Adam! :headbang: sorry for your loss, you are welcome here!  Glad that you have fond memories! ^^ 

Hey, many thanks and this community is so rad I can't believe I didn't discover you guys years ago. As my old friend Hohmboy (RIP) used to say at our weekly card game, when a slow roller finally showed the winning hand "Winnah winnah, chicken dinnah".

Edited by Siskiyou Kidd

Hello, long time lurker just got around to joining. I grew up in the 70’s and had an early interest in comic books (Flash and Green Lantern). My first slab purchase was a beautiful Brave and the Bold 85 CGC 9.6 with WP back in 2013 from a Heritage auction win. Made my first CGC submission in early October and look forward to making a few more. Really appreciate all the insight this board has provided. 

Scott

1 hour ago, Popeyeak49 said:

Hello, long time lurker just got around to joining. I grew up in the 70’s and had an early interest in comic books (Flash and Green Lantern). My first slab purchase was a beautiful Brave and the Bold 85 CGC 9.6 with WP back in 2013 from a Heritage auction win. Made my first CGC submission in early October and look forward to making a few more. Really appreciate all the insight this board has provided. 

Scott

Hello Scott :) Welcome! :headbang: Glad you found the boards ;) 

28 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
1 hour ago, Popeyeak49 said:

Scott

Hello Scott :) Welcome! :headbang: Glad you found the boards ;) 

giphy.gif

Hi all - My name is Stephen and I am basically a Marvel guy with a focus on X-Men and related titles and pretty much anything with a cover price less than $1.00.

I spend a lot of my collecting time at auctions, garage sales & flea markets so I LOVE the hunt and am looking forward to interacting with the Post Your Finds featured post (hopefully) with regularity!

4 hours ago, Gravin said:

Hi all - My name is Stephen and I am basically a Marvel guy with a focus on X-Men and related titles and pretty much anything with a cover price less than $1.00.

I spend a lot of my collecting time at auctions, garage sales & flea markets so I LOVE the hunt and am looking forward to interacting with the Post Your Finds featured post (hopefully) with regularity!

Welcome Stephen :) looking forward to it!

Howdy folks, my name is Josiah and I I'm currently into getting the Gold Key Scooby-Doo comics. I've loved the movies and TV shows since I was a kid and I just got into comics about 2 1/2 years ago so I thought I'd check out the Scooby-Doo comics. I got lucky and got quite a few about 2 years ago and have been slowly getting more since.

Edited by x10234

3 minutes ago, x10234 said:

Howdy folks, my name is Josiah and I I'm currently into getting the Gold Key Scooby-Doo comics. I've loved the movies and TV shows since I was a kid and I just got into comics about 2 1/2 years ago so I thought I'd check out the Scooby-Doo comics. I got lucky and got quite a few about 2 years ago and have been slowly getting more since.

quite a few 1st appearance of scooby-doo collectors here :headbang: 

WELCOME! :)