• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

18 hours ago, Miket123 said:

Hello. Long time comic book fan. 43 now. Started when I was around 6 or 7 and with the exception of 2 or 3 years I've been a comics fan ever since. Joined because I'm tired of the FB and Reddit community comic book marketplace."Rai 0!!! Eternal Warrior #4!!! First Bloodshot!!!"Looking to level up my collection with some classic keys and personal Grails and talk about comics as well. Bear with me as I learn the ropes of the boards.  Thank you! 

Welcome to the boards.

What are some of your "personal grail" comics?

7 hours ago, randostoyz said:

Hello everyone,

Long time collector of over 35 years and new to the CGC boards. I don't even remember signing up but apparently I did last January..lol. I collect comics, cards, Hot Wheels, and almost anything comic related. 

Randy 😀😀

Welcome Randy! :headbang:

Hello, Everyone.

I, uh, actually worked with CGC in Sarasota for almost five years and never really once used the forum.

But now i am. Some of you might know me. Some of you might not. That's okay either way.

But i thought i'd say hello and meet other people since i'm looking to actually get back into the hobby again.

So hello.

3 hours ago, joerocks1981 said:

Hello, Everyone.

I, uh, actually worked with CGC in Sarasota for almost five years and never really once used the forum.

But now i am. Some of you might know me. Some of you might not. That's okay either way.

But i thought i'd say hello and meet other people since i'm looking to actually get back into the hobby again.

So hello.

Howdy :)

WELCOME BACK! Hope you have a pleasant time ^^

3 hours ago, joerocks1981 said:

Hello, Everyone.

So hello.

WTTB. What did you do there?

On 11/2/2013 at 2:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Excited to join the community! My name is Jordan and I began many years ago and just recently started back!

On 11/2/2013 at 2:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Excited to join the community! My name is Jordan and I began many years ago and just recently started back!

On 9/26/2018 at 4:14 AM, Mikester71 said:

Hey everyone! Mike here from up in Canada. Been collecting seriously for 5 or more years now and finally dipped my toes in the graded comic market this past weekend. Love me some Artgerm, Middleton, Mendoza, Frisson, Hughes, Mattina covet artwork. Look forward to interacting with you all in here and sharing and learning along the way. ?????

I still have my copy of Ghost #1 …. back then I thought no way he could keep up the quality.... but he just kept getting better. Anyone who doesn't believe in the concept of "talent" is not a comic book fan.

WTTB

GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

Hi everyone. My name is Evan and I currently reside in DC (I move around a lot). I have been a comic fan since middle school. My first comic was Silver Surfer 50 and since then I’ve been a huge fan of Marvel Cosmic. Also a huge collector of Vertigo and proto-Vertigo and loving what Image has been doing lately. I pretty much only collect runs (specific creative teams on specific titles). Have some great ones including all of Claremont’s X-Men, Miller’s Daredevil, Kirby’s Fourth World, and many more. My grail-so to speak-is to put together a complete Kirby/Lee FF run. About a quarter of the way there. If I finish that will go after EC books. I also sell a lot of books on eBay. Really happy to join the community and thanks again to everyone who already helped me out with a question on comic stains and grading.

3 minutes ago, ConcreteMob181 said:

Hi everyone. My name is Evan and I currently reside in DC (I move around a lot). I have been a comic fan since middle school. My first comic was Silver Surfer 50 and since then I’ve been a huge fan of Marvel Cosmic. Also a huge collector of Vertigo and proto-Vertigo and loving what Image has been doing lately. I pretty much only collect runs (specific creative teams on specific titles). Have some great ones including all of Claremont’s X-Men, Miller’s Daredevil, Kirby’s Fourth World, and many more. My grail-so to speak-is to put together a complete Kirby/Lee FF run. About a quarter of the way there. If I finish that will go after EC books. I also sell a lot of books on eBay. Really happy to join the community and thanks again to everyone who already helped me out with a question on comic stains and grading.

Welcome! :takeit: 

Hi,

I read comics as a kid but never collected too many. 

inherited several boxes of comics that I never really paid attention to. Didn’t think they would be worth much. Mostly from the 80s and 90s. Spent last two days going thru them....been a lot of fun...but also realizing that some might be worth a lot more than I thought. Found several tmnt books and watchmen set and several key comics from different series. A lot don’t have bags and backs so going to bag them all and get them in better boxes and put them in order to try to get some sense of what’s here. 

been trying to educate myself on rating them but still not sure if things I have are in the 9 category or 8 etc. 

So funny because I always tried to ask friends if they wanted them but no one ever took an interest...I think I’m glad they didn’t. Definitely got my childhood comic juices going now.

8003BB08-1F56-4DFD-89AF-891B6A4DA19E.jpeg

D608B486-0E6B-4186-8380-1F35F520FF5A.jpeg

13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

At least your doing your homework @ZombieBranz :) 

And Welcome to the Boards! :shy: 

Thanks @ADAMANTIUM.......I needed a new hobby and I think this will be it now. I’ll get everything stored and safe then catalog them. I plan to get some of the good ones graded, and then keep what I like and start also buying stuff I like as I go. I’m sure at some point I’ll sell some things to build a collection I like. I was always a fan of Daredevil as a kid.