• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, ZombieBranz said:

Thanks @ADAMANTIUM.......I needed a new hobby and I think this will be it now. I’ll get everything stored and safe then catalog them. I plan to get some of the good ones graded, and then keep what I like and start also buying stuff I like as I go. I’m sure at some point I’ll sell some things to build a collection I like. I was always a fan of Daredevil as a kid.

Glad you have some time for it :) there is a bit of a learning curve but there are parts of the boards to help:

for instance a scan of a book here

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/42-hey-buddy-can-you-spare-a-grade/

Can Give you ideas of the grade ;) I think the rules are something of only 1-2 books a day, separate threads (thumbsu 

There can be other things like restoration part of the boards, but look around! :headbang: 

On 11/19/2019 at 6:29 AM, Summydad1 said:

Hello. I have been lurking on the boards for awhile but decided to start posting this week. I collected comics from about 1990 till 1995. During that time I focused mainly on VALIANT with some Marvel/DC sprinkled in. I sold my collection once I hit high school. Girls and sports took over. My daughter was born in 2012 and I figured it would be cool to start buying her Star Wars toys. At that time I noticed a comic and vintage toy store opened near my home. I went in one day and immediately picked up where I left off. I haven't slowed down since then. I collect a little bit of everything comic related. My favorite is still VALIANT but I am also fond of Captain America, Wolverine, Spider-Man and any art by Adam Hughes. I am currently putting a run together of ASM keys. Slabbed of course. 

Valiant comics stink.

s-l1600.jpg

:whistle:

25 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Glad you have some time for it :) there is a bit of a learning curve but there are parts of the boards to help:

for instance a scan of a book here

Can Give you ideas of the grade ;) I think the rules are something of only 1-2 books a day, separate threads (thumbsu 

There can be other things like restoration part of the boards, but look around! :headbang: 

Hey thanks! Gonna throw a couple up now!

7 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

Valiant comics stink.

s-l1600.jpg

:whistle:

Love it! Classic book with two of the O.G.’s. VALIANT will always be special to me. VH1 and Dinesh era VEI meant more than just comics to me. Also, VALIANT fans are a loyal and good group of people. 

On 12/12/2019 at 12:54 PM, theCapraAegagrus said:

WTTB. What did you do there?

A bit of everything, really.

Worked in Receiving, Verifying, Quality Control, worked with Mike in Signature Series when he was head of doing that. Pregraded some stuff sometimes. Counted pages. Went to shows. Worked onsite in shows with a bit of everything. Even some marketing and design stuff for the website and other things.

Jack of all trades. Master of none. 

13 minutes ago, kenaran said:

Hi all, this is a long overdue post here. 

My real name's Kevin, I collected as a in the late eighties/early nineties, regular Superman reader/collector a year or two before the death.  Had to stop collecting for college, a few years after college I started filling in my gaps, and going completest on the Superman titles.  That's changed over the years to completest Crisis thru Flashpoint Superman. Still missing quite a few newsstands and DCU's ( I have most of the ones I care about, including all the DCU DoS set, only passively chasing the rest).  Did just finish the Superman Canadian price variant set of that era about a month ago, and will post that to the copper age forum later today.  I've got all the variant covers, and very close to all the higher printings.  It's been a MANY year project, and will probably continue to be.

I'm an engineer living in one of the Seattle suburbs.  I'm Dad to a six year old and identical twin 4 year olds.  My six year old is really into DC Superhero Girls, and Disney Ducks.  I've been enjoying reading those to her, and shes starting to read them on her own now!!  Don't look for a high post count from me, but I will chime in from time to time.

:headbang:

Hi,

Name's Dan and I read and collected as a youngster in the late-80's to mid-90's.  Got out of it for a bit and then started reading trades about 15 years ago.  Recently decided to start collecting single issues again so I thought I could learn a thing or two here.

I'm mainly looking for nostalgic issues from the early modern age and key appearances of some favorite characters/teams, as well as books where I simply love the cover.

:hi: Not new, but back from a long hiatus. Had to take a break from buying as it was not in the budget and am putting my daughter through college. She's entering her second semester, senior year down at UGA (Go Dawgs!). Her mom is not involved so it's been on me to help her navigate HS and college. She's done a great job and will do amazing things :) 

I've been lurking and posting in the weekly new comics thread while occasionally checking out the selling threads over the years. It's taken immense willpower to not buy anything other than the dozen or so moderns I read, but started to recently have a bit more disposable income so I've picked up a few silver and bronze at my LCS and the Boston Fan Expo last year. It had been almost six years since I posted the :takeit: until yesterday! :whatthe:

I mostly a marvel guy and am 5 issues and Annual #1 away from a full run of Amazing Spider-man. Anything with a 20 cent price tag makes me :cloud9:. Been collecting about 45 years now (with some breaks) and looking forward to getting back into building my collection.  Glad to see there are still some familiar faces around and that it still gets a little "shilly" in here, always good entertainment...

15 minutes ago, universal soldier said:

:hi: Not new, but back from a long hiatus. Had to take a break from buying as it was not in the budget and am putting my daughter through college. She's entering her second semester, senior year down at UGA (Go Dawgs!). Her mom is not involved so it's been on me to help her navigate HS and college. She's done a great job and will do amazing things :) 

I've been lurking and posting in the weekly new comics thread while occasionally checking out the selling threads over the years. It's taken immense willpower to not buy anything other than the dozen or so moderns I read, but started to recently have a bit more disposable income so I've picked up a few silver and bronze at my LCS and the Boston Fan Expo last year. It had been almost six years since I posted the :takeit: until yesterday! :whatthe:

I mostly a marvel guy and am 5 issues and Annual #1 away from a full run of Amazing Spider-man. Anything with a 20 cent price tag makes me :cloud9:. Been collecting about 45 years now (with some breaks) and looking forward to getting back into building my collection.  Glad to see there are still some familiar faces around and that it still gets a little "shilly" in here, always good entertainment...

Glad that you had priorities in place! Congrats all around!:headbang:

12 minutes ago, universal soldier said:

Thanks! So difficult to put this aside for that long. Glad to be back at it.

I hear you :)

and be so near completion for this long, if I understand correctly, at least you didn't have to sell off too much.. if at all!

ASM complete is AWESOME!

15 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I hear you :)

and be so near completion for this long, if I understand correctly, at least you didn't have to sell off too much.. if at all!

ASM complete is AWESOME!

I didn't have to sell anything :) Incurred some debt via home equity line of credit but will be able to pay that off over the next year or so.

1 minute ago, universal soldier said:

I didn't have to sell anything :) Incurred some debt via home equity line of credit but will be able to pay that off over the next year or so.

:shy: I paid for my college, but as someone who's a 1st generation college graduate and who's parents helped in any way they could, you are thanked! ^^ 

On 1/8/2020 at 5:38 PM, HarukaJunko said:

Hello, my name is Haruka I also go by the name of Mike. Recently got into comic book collecting after stumbling into a few comics left over by my uncle and so joined up here to try and figure out if I had anything cool.

Hello Haruka! Mike! :headbang: Welcome to the madhouse  err... boards! You could maybe look at sold listings on ebay, title, issue number, followed by cgc and see what different grades sold for...

then post any potential valuable (if that's your thing) books with scans here 

Only 1 or 2 books a day, just to see what people on the boards estimate the grade of your books at :foryou: 

I encourage you to stick around though and have some fun! :banana: