• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, randilee said:

Randilee Samartino here  have many like never touched comics   big names  but my fav and loved is venom... and batman ... i hve a 10mint  venom the enemy within and the lethal protector red foil cover ... not opened or spine even creased... flat and beautiful . both first copies and my lethal red is from 1992  not 93 like most have pages white even news paper like print is amazing .. have post cards still in my batman 500  knightfall  with cut away reveal cover.      but i have aweird one... the superman gallery... never opened... it looks to have 4 comics in it and one book    should  i open it...  post card right in front of the gallery book 

Welcome @randilee.....Not sure about the Superman Gallery, my initial thought is leave everything inside, especially if attached somehow.

Welcome to the boards :foryou: 

Hey. My name is Jack, and I'm an edgelord.

My primary interest when it comes to comics are horror comes, specifically and especially obscure pro-code horror comics and magazines like Psycho, Eerie, Creepy, and the like. I also love goth comics (Courtney Crumrin, Gloomcookie, Lenore, and really anything by Slave Labor), ero guro and extreme horror (everything from Western stuff like Crossed to the work of Uziga Waita), really anything dark or horrific in general (really enjoying Harrow County currently), and bad 90s antihero comics are a guilty pleasure. As far as straight superheroes go, I like Batman and The Punisher. I'm 27, and, yes, I do still wear fingerless gloves.

3 hours ago, cylinderofantigod said:

My primary interest when it comes to comics are horror comes, specifically and especially obscure pro-code horror comics and magazines like Psycho, Eerie, Creepy, and the like. I also love goth comics (Courtney Crumrin, Gloomcookie, Lenore, and really anything by Slave Labor), ero guro and extreme horror (everything from Western stuff like Crossed to the work of Uziga Waita), really anything dark or horrific in general (really enjoying Harrow County currently), and bad 90s antihero comics are a guilty pleasure. As far as straight superheroes go, I like Batman and The Punisher. I'm 27, and, yes, I do still wear fingerless gloves.

lol I had to google such a thing! Anyway, Welcome, and good luck!

Spoiler

An edgelord is someone on an internet forum who deliberately talks about controversial, offensive, taboo, or nihilistic subjects in order to shock other users in an effort to appear cool, or edgy.

1 hour ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

lol I had to google such a thing! Anyway, Welcome, and good luck!

Hide contents

An edgelord is someone on an internet forum who deliberately talks about controversial, offensive, taboo, or nihilistic subjects in order to shock other users in an effort to appear cool, or edgy.

Yes, most of the definitions I'm seeing on Google seem to refer to people who feign certain qualities in an attempt to get attention and who are not easy to get along with. Well, in my case, I'm a legitimate, certified, grade-A lunatic (there's quite a bit of paperwork on the subject), any attention I generate is not necessarily intentional, and you won't find me too difficult to get along with most of the time. Still, I'm obsessed with anything related to gore and/or demons, dress in all black, listen exclusively to edgy music, and I'm really not all there, so I get called that enough to embrace the label.

6 hours ago, cylinderofantigod said:

:sick:

7 hours ago, cylinderofantigod said:

What about trans, gender-fluid, and non-binary superheroes?

:jokealert:  :ohnoez:;) 

-slym

36 minutes ago, slym2none said:

What about trans, gender-fluid, and non-binary superheroes?

:jokealert:  :ohnoez:;) 

-slym

What about them? Trans, gender-fluid, and non-binary superheroes can be straight.

Although, just to clarify in case anybody reading this becomes legitimately confused, I was actually referring to superheroes whose characters were played more or less straight as opposed to aforementioned 90s anti-heroes (although I guess The Punisher is an anti-hero; he just isn't quite Lobo) and not heterosexual superheroes, which should be obvious considering that I included a man known for prancing around in brightly-colored tights, living with more other guys than Jesus Christ, and laying in bed with one of them so often that some cranky old man wrote an entire book about it and nearly destroyed the comics industry as a result.

Edited by cylinderofantigod

9 hours ago, cylinderofantigod said:

Welcome to the boards..

You would probably like this title also!

12DAF5A6-F207-48DD-98AE-2AFA0356F16B.jpeg

Hi I'm Jeff,

I was hooked from the time my Uncle gave me a small pile of books in the 70s and have collected ever since.  I have avoided slabs up until recently but have finally given in.  Still read currently but I mostly go after silver /bronze Marvel books and have been categorized as a run filler. 

Thanks!

On 3/27/2020 at 4:08 PM, Doctor Dositheus said:

Hi, new member here. I've been lurking around the cons (usually in a FF shirt) the past few years after many years away from the hobby. Looking forward to making the rounds again soon!

Hello Doc! I've often wore shirts to con's with a theme, at first it was the Punisher, this year was going to be my Board Nam ADAMANTIUM t-shirts lol 

But too, my con is pushed back until June ..... So we'll have to wait and see :) 

welcome to the boards!

On 3/28/2020 at 10:31 AM, jr70 said:

Hi I'm Jeff,

I was hooked from the time my Uncle gave me a small pile of books in the 70s and have collected ever since.  I have avoided slabs up until recently but have finally given in.  Still read currently but I mostly go after silver /bronze Marvel books and have been categorized as a run filler. 

Thanks!

Hello Jeff :) 

Awesome that your uncle cared enough to give you some funny books! Glad that it sparked interest, welcome to the boards :headbang: 

On 3/27/2020 at 5:08 PM, Doctor Dositheus said:

Hi, new member here. I've been lurking around the cons (usually in a FF shirt) the past few years after many years away from the hobby. Looking forward to making the rounds again soon!

Welcome @Doctor Dositheus! These boards have many lifetimes of knowledge you can’t get anywhere else in a single source :banana:

Get yourself a cool avatar...maybe the FF logo :idea:  I’m a big FF fan as well!

Hope to see you around.

On 3/28/2020 at 11:31 AM, jr70 said:

Hi I'm Jeff,

Thanks!

Welcome @jr70! Sounds like you need a bigger pile of books now, some with plastic covers and very subjective numbers with decimal points in the left corner :bigsmile:

Hope to see you around.