• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

22 hours ago, DINGER033 said:

I have some I am getting ready to send in to CGC for grading and a couple signatures. I am also having some of them pressed.

Ironman #1 - 5

Conan #1, 2, 3, 23, and 76- 35cent variant  
Detective # 200 CGC 9.0 having it signed by Neal Adams

Gah... Tec 200 SS Adams. :x

Edited by Arkham

Hello everyone, my name is Karim and I am a collector from Russia. Collected comics since 2015, but only moved to key issues a year ago. During this time, I collected some very valuable CGC and a couple of raw comics.

I collect old comics in a bad state, because I am guided by the rule "the worse the state, the cooler the comic", and I don’t have too much money, so I cannot afford to take the first appearance of important characters in the state of VF and higher

In general, I registered a few months ago, but I only recently started to actively communicate on the forum, so I think that our acquaintance begins only now.

(and I also have mediocre English and most of the words I translate in google translate)

Edited by rfhbv100

2 hours ago, rfhbv100 said:

Hello everyone, my name is Karim and I am a collector from Russia. Collected comics since 2015, but only moved to key issues a year ago. During this time, I collected some very valuable CGC and a couple of raw comics.

I collect old comics in a bad state, because I am guided by the rule "the worse the state, the cooler the comic", and I don’t have too much money, so I cannot afford to take the first appearance of important characters in the state of VF and higher

In general, I registered a few months ago, but I only recently started to actively communicate on the forum, so I think that our acquaintance begins only now.

(and I also have mediocre English and most of the words I translate in google translate)

Добро пожаловать 

3 hours ago, rfhbv100 said:

Awesome 👍 and welcome :)

Hello everyone! My name is Arnold aka ArnyVee aka VeeComics :)

I grew up in Southern California and worked in a comic shop in the early '90s as the 'baseball card guy' and got hooked into comics. Now in South Florida, I've dug my collection out of storage and started slabbing some and selling some. Big fan and collector of Lobo, New Warriors and Shadowman (along with cool covers). Looking forward to high levels of lurking with an occasional commentary.

2 hours ago, ArnyVee said:

I grew up in Southern California and worked in a comic shop in the early '90s as the 'baseball card guy' and got hooked into comics. Now in South Florida, I've dug my collection out of storage and started slabbing some and selling some. Big fan and collector of Lobo, New Warriors and Shadowman (along with cool covers). Looking forward to high levels of lurking with an occasional commentary.

Welcome aboard!  Enjoy! 

2 hours ago, ArnyVee said:

Welcome aboard!  Enjoy! 

7 hours ago, ArnyVee said:

:) that sounds like fun to visit a collection of your childhood :) 

Glad they're slab worthy too! :headbang: 

Hello!

I have been collecting comics since my early 20's (15 years). My collection leans more Marvel, with my favorite stories being Spider-Man, Daredevil, Moon Knight, the Avengers. In the past, I collected the Walking Dead, American Vampire, and Letter 44.

Until March, I had only been a reader and collector. With the quarantine, my wife and I sorted all of my books and made them much easier to see what I had. A year earlier, I bought my first slab, and was craving another. As we went through the comics, we pulled variants and keys, so I could have some of my comics graded. That was all it took, after the first ones came back, I made 4 more submissions! It was so great to see my comics come back encapsulated, and I have learned so much about grading since!

Now, my wife and I buy comics we want, press them, and send them to be graded. We have a new hobby :)

-Swingerstunt  

On 10/23/2020 at 7:44 PM, ArnyVee said:

Looking forward to high levels of lurking with an occasional commentary.

^ LOL!  Welcome to the boards, Arny!!  

On 10/24/2020 at 4:14 AM, Swingerstunt said:

Hello!

I have been collecting comics since my early 20's (15 years). My collection leans more Marvel, with my favorite stories being Spider-Man, Daredevil, Moon Knight, the Avengers. In the past, I collected the Walking Dead, American Vampire, and Letter 44.

Until March, I had only been a reader and collector. With the quarantine, my wife and I sorted all of my books and made them much easier to see what I had. A year earlier, I bought my first slab, and was craving another. As we went through the comics, we pulled variants and keys, so I could have some of my comics graded. That was all it took, after the first ones came back, I made 4 more submissions! It was so great to see my comics come back encapsulated, and I have learned so much about grading since!

Now, my wife and I buy comics we want, press them, and send them to be graded. We have a new hobby :)

-Swingerstunt  

And what a hobby to have mate!  Little bit jealous that you get to enjoy it with your wife. (My wife doesn’t get into comics).

Welcome to the boards!! 

For organising your collection, I’ve tried a few things (and many here will swear black and blue that Excel is all you need), but I am a massive advocate for Collectorz software. It makes adding your collection a breeze (scan with barcode and get all core issue data pre-populated), supports a bunch of personalised data and viewing it on any device anywhere easy as. Worth checking out: https://www.collectorz.com

How good was that first run of American Vampire? :x 

Edited by Arkham

16 hours ago, RPHjr7 said:

I’m a retired US Army Combat veteran. Ready to dip my toes into the comic investing/trading world. Let’s do this. ❤️

Thank you for your service.