• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

13 hours ago, Pudgy Pup said:

Hello I’m Chris, I just recently got back into collecting after I stopped in the 90s. My favorites are TMNT, spider-man, batman, star wars. Looking forward to learning a lot from everyone here.

Howdy! Welcome :x 

Hi all, 

I am Roland from the Netherlands. In my 40’s, after years of not collecting anymore, I have started reading and collecting a lot again.

Fan of DC Black Label, The Joker, but mostly Spawn...always on the lookout for everything Spawn.

Always fun to read through your topics also, learned a lot already.

Talk to you soon.

6 minutes ago, Dutchie71 said:

Hi all, 

I am Roland from the Netherlands. In my 40’s, after years of not collecting anymore, I have started reading and collecting a lot again.

Fan of DC Black Label, The Joker, but mostly Spawn...always on the lookout for everything Spawn.

Always fun to read through your topics also, learned a lot already.

Talk to you soon.

Awesome 

Lots of Spawn, longest running independent 

Welcome!

Hello all, board lurker for a few years, always interesting discussions and helpful comments in these board threads. My mother taught me to read in the very early 70's using (what else) comics! Still have 3 or 4 piles of SA in a separate box from those days, some in decent shape but most are pretty ratty from countless hours engrossed in the Hulkster, Supes, and Peter Parker beating up evil-doers in my childhood. My daughter just turned 10 this past year, and I pulled out a few of the old books and she really enjoyed reading what I was reading when I was her age. Time flies.

So yes, I've been a long time collector. 40 long and short boxes can attest to that I guess, plus they drive my wife batty - extra benefit!  Anyway, figured I'd say hello! Take care.

Easy 

On 2/19/2021 at 11:10 PM, EasyCo. said:

Hello all, board lurker for a few years, always interesting discussions and helpful comments in these board threads. My mother taught me to read in the very early 70's using (what else) comics! Still have 3 or 4 piles of SA in a separate box from those days, some in decent shape but most are pretty ratty from countless hours engrossed in the Hulkster, Supes, and Peter Parker beating up evil-doers in my childhood. My daughter just turned 10 this past year, and I pulled out a few of the old books and she really enjoyed reading what I was reading when I was her age. Time flies.

So yes, I've been a long time collector. 40 long and short boxes can attest to that I guess, plus they drive my wife batty - extra benefit!  Anyway, figured I'd say hello! Take care.

Easy 

Howdy Easy! :applause:welcome!

Greetings everyone. I'm a fan of the Amazing Spider-man, Batman and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I didn't know about this forum until recently. Needless to say I spent a great deal of time reading the ebay blocked user list (all 300+ pages!). Some of the stuff I read was sad, shocking and amusing. I look forward to learning as much as possible and expanding my collection in the future.

10 hours ago, Spiderman Fan said:

Greetings everyone. I'm a fan of the Amazing Spider-man, Batman and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. I didn't know about this forum until recently. Needless to say I spent a great deal of time reading the ebay blocked user list (all 300+ pages!). Some of the stuff I read was sad, shocking and amusing. I look forward to learning as much as possible and expanding my collection in the future.

It's a long thread isnt it lol

Welcome spider-man fan :)

Hello!  I only recently found this forum.  We lost my Dad last year.  Dementia is a vicious disease.  But I'm here to share our story.  My Dad was a comic dealer and went to comic book conventions and shows and was friendly with the creator of Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Eastman and Laird in the 80's.  He used to see them at the shows and they'd always chat at each other's tables.  Dad had all NM signed first print comics from them, #1-10, many in multiples.  He had a lot of Gold, Silver and Bronze stuff as well.  I inherited my Dad's collection and am reselling most of it with Comic Connect.  But they're difficult to let go of.  I grew up with these stories (I was born in 84), but hadn't gone through his comics with him in 30 years+.  Growing up and loving TMNT, Marvel, X-Men, etc., it was so cool to go through his collection and see everything he had.  Selling these comics is sad, but it is helping my Mom retire.  So I am so very grateful.  I am keeping some of the TMNT 1st prints... they will always be a connection to my Dad.  I miss going to comic shows with Dad and meeting folks that are also passionate about them.  What a great online community.  Glad to be here.  Take care all!

Hey, everyone! My name is Steve, but my friends call me Sepo. I bought my first comic book back around 1970. I remember it was The Incredible Hulk, but I can't remember which issue it was. Anyway, I became hooked on Marvel superhero comics. I took a break from collecting around 1979 when I decided I needed to save money for my first car. I got back into actively collecting 1995 and I'm so glad I did. I had forgotten how much enjoyment these comics can provide.

Anyway, I have to check the mail, now. Today, I am expecting to receive 3 CGC graded comics. Not only are they the first I've ever owned, but they're the first I will have ever even seen in person! Big day!

Thanks for letting me be a part of this community!

PS - I just realized that I started  collecting FIFTY YEARS ago! I am so old ;-)

1 hour ago, Sepo said:

Hey, everyone! My name is Steve, but my friends call me Sepo. I bought my first comic book back around 1970. I remember it was The Incredible Hulk, but I can't remember which issue it was. Anyway, I became hooked on Marvel superhero comics. I took a break from collecting around 1979 when I decided I needed to save money for my first car. I got back into actively collecting 1995 and I'm so glad I did. I had forgotten how much enjoyment these comics can provide.

Anyway, I have to check the mail, now. Today, I am expecting to receive 3 CGC graded comics. Not only are they the first I've ever owned, but they're the first I will have ever even seen in person! Big day!

PS - I just realized that I started  collecting FIFTY YEARS ago! I am so old ;-)

Welcome! That's a long time, hope to have been around that long shortly :) although, not collecting that long myself, look forward to see what your 1st slabs are! ;) 

On 3/8/2021 at 10:34 AM, Sepo said:

I took "old" out of my vocabulary and replaced it with "wise" - helps me feel better! Welcome!

We are patiently waiting to see your first graded comics....:whistle:

Hello, everyone.

I collected comics for about a decade back in the late 80s/early 90s.  My journey began when a high school friend convinced me to purchase a copy of Daredevil 227 from the local comic shop.

Although I no longer have the exact copy from my youth, I saw another one back in 2015 and decided to pick it up.  Since then, I've purchased a few books here and there and added them to my collection from the 80s/90s.  Nothing earth-shattering, just a few short boxes of things that caught my eye over the years.

Like many of us, I've had a bit more time lately to revisit my collection.  Not surprisingly, the fire within is burning more brightly now.  I'm pacing myself; however, have definitely gotten more involved with comics in 2021.  Joining CGC seemed like a logical next step.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone here.  In the meantime, have a wonderful day.

- Eric

18 hours ago, Eric Perry said:

Hello, everyone.

I collected comics for about a decade back in the late 80s/early 90s.  My journey began when a high school friend convinced me to purchase a copy of Daredevil 227 from the local comic shop.

Although I no longer have the exact copy from my youth, I saw another one back in 2015 and decided to pick it up.  Since then, I've purchased a few books here and there and added them to my collection from the 80s/90s.  Nothing earth-shattering, just a few short boxes of things that caught my eye over the years.

Like many of us, I've had a bit more time lately to revisit my collection.  Not surprisingly, the fire within is burning more brightly now.  I'm pacing myself; however, have definitely gotten more involved with comics in 2021.  Joining CGC seemed like a logical next step.

Looking forward to interacting with everyone here.  In the meantime, have a wonderful day.

- Eric

welcome! Can't read just one lol jk 

glad to hear the kindle is burning ;) keep it up!

19 hours ago, Eric Perry said:

Hello, everyone.

- Eric

Welcome Eric!