• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

I'm wondering if all new members wonder why we spell "Welcome" wrong?

Re: WECOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!

:facepalm:

lol

We didn't spell welcome wrong, we just forgot a space....... it's supposed to be "WE COME to the boards" :gossip:

...... or maybe not. :facepalm:

I'm Dwayne, I mostly collected Avengers, Iron Man and X-men when I was growing up. I got married twenty years ago and had a couple of kids and quit cold turkey couldn't afford it anymore and didn't think the artwork or stories were worth it :( late last year came across the story of the Billy Wright collection and it got me to thinking about going thru my old collection and also my Dad's who has since passed away. I now have the fever again :whee: Went to the Nashville Comiccon and had a blast met some fellow boardies there have also been buying alot from some of you guys most everyone has been great to talk to and deal with I have been buying stuff to fill out some runs. I had never heard of CGC until I started looking into my comics again joined up and took my first four coupon submission to Nashville :wishluck: well that's enough about me I'll let someone else do some talking glad to be here.

lol

Sorry, Rupp. :foryou:

Aw I thought it was cute Andy :foryou:

lol

We didn't spell welcome wrong, we just forgot a space....... it's supposed to be "WE COME to the boards" :gossip:

...... or maybe not. :facepalm:

WEEEEEEELL Dogie! I didn't know that.JedClampett-happyhillbilly.jpg

lol

The boards are adopting a soft Southern accent in an attempt to seem a friendlier, more welcoming place where the people have charm and are always nice.

-slym

Sometimes I feel like a n00b because I didn't post for a good two+ years and really just came back earlier this year. So anyways, my name is Jon and I have an unhealthy obsession with Spider man.

I have complete runs of mostly every major Spider-man title and am currently 9 issues away from a complete run of ASM. I credit this place as I've been able to make some great purchases and got some spectacular deals. To everyone I have had a transaction with :foryou:

Sometimes I feel like a n00b because I didn't post for a good two+ years and really just came back earlier this year. So anyways, my name is Jon and I have an unhealthy obsession with Spider man.

I have complete runs of mostly every major Spider-man title and am currently 9 issues away from a complete run of ASM. I credit this place as I've been able to make some "Amazing" purchases and got some "Spectacular deals." To everyone I have had a transaction with, a "Superior" :foryou:

FTFY

:grin:

-slym

I have complete runs of mostly every major Spider-man title and am currently 9 issues away from a complete run of ASM. I credit this place as I've been able to make some great purchases and got some spectacular deals. To everyone I have had a transaction with :foryou:

Congrats!!! :headbang:

I'm fairly new. Love the boards! I'm a Marvel fan and an X-Men related collector. I've already learned a lot on the boards and have done some buying and selling.
Love your books in your sig :applause:

Oh, thanks so much! Everything I have right now is raw, though I do have a IH180 on its way to CGC, which will be my first slabbed book.

I have complete runs of mostly every major Spider-man title and am currently 9 issues away from a complete run of ASM. I credit this place as I've been able to make some "Amazing" purchases and got some "Spectacular deals." To everyone I have had a transaction with, a "Superior" :foryou:

FTFY

-slym

Sensational! :applause:

I'm fairly new. Love the boards! I'm a Marvel fan and an X-Men related collector. I've already learned a lot on the boards and have done some buying and selling.
Love your books in your sig :applause:

Oh, thanks so much! Everything I have right now is raw, though I do have a IH180 on its way to CGC, which will be my first slabbed book.

Any guesses?

And WTTB :hi:

:hi: Everyone. Name's Ryan. Been addicted for over a year now. And I'm constantly on the boards gathering as much knowledge as I can. I collect SA,BA,CA,& Modern books plus other stuff. I'm very impatient, impulsive and crazy. Sometimes I get ahead of myself because of those character defects.

I sometimes post the erratically and without thought, but I am learning.

If your new or just lurking welcome, and just be yourself. Most things said on the boards you take with a grain of salt. (thumbs u :foryou::hi:

FTFY

-slym

Sensational! :applause:

lol well played.

:hi: Everyone, my name's Eric, but i respond to a bunch of names :)

as a kid, i was a reader of Most Marvel books, but gave it up cold turkey around 1986

returned to the hobby last year. big fan of CGC Blue w/o any qualifiers between the Books Title, and month/year of release. Picked up some SA/BA Keys when i first returned, then focused on TWD/SAGA. Have a decent fill on those, and have started looking into BA/CA Spideys recently.

Born to collect, there's no other choice.

Hey guys & gals.Never formally introduced myself,just kinda jumped in with a Dave Stevens cover.

Names Terry & probably have the same story as most collectors.Started really collecting around 1971 and quit upon graduating high school in 1978 when I started chasing girls.There was a little local quick mart that carried comics so me & a couple of buddies used to sit in the floor and read all the new issues.I did this until I found an LCS in about 1985.

The Death of Captain Marvel was what brought me back.I bought a copy at the mall in Daytona Beach in July 1984.Starlin's Dreadstar was and still is one of my favorites.

Managed to hang in until around early 1993 when the quality dropped and most of my friends started moving off and I started dating my now current wife.

Sold everything between 1988 & 2000 and got a computer in 2001 and discovered ebay in 2003.Pretty much replaced my core collection in the next few years,plus some I missed the first time around.

Got back into Moderns with Thor #80 and collected that up until the current crop of reboots and dropped everything since.Civil War pretty much did me in.

Now I am just trying to fill a few holes & may try to sell off the bulk of my collection.Church,work & the Grandkids pretty much fill up my life now.I still love comics but I have bigger things to worry about.

Was real active at the corral until 2 or 3 real jerks killed it for us.But it was dropping off before that.

I like this place even though I don't post much but I'm like that in real life too.Although once I get started I don't know when to shut up.The information here is unbelievable but sometimes hard to sort out.

I also get the feeling that this place is the watchdog of the back issue industry.Makes me feel safe at night now.

I'm done now.Carry on.