• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

Hey everyone, my name's Don and I've been collecting since I was a kid in the mid '80s. Like many others in my generation, I got out of comics around the turn of the millennium... only to lapse back into them several years ago. My addiction has grown, and I've graduated from hunting down key issues in any grade... to hunting down only high-grade copies... to buying a few dozen CGC'd comics on eBay... and now I'm about to submit my own comics for grading. There seems to be a LOT to this, and so far reading this forum has been a big help. I look forward to reading and participating in it in the future, and (hoping that it doesn't violate the rules -- I don't think it will?) I'm going to make a post of my own soon in hopes that some people here can answer several quick questions that I don't see addressed anywhere else.

Thanks, guys! Tons of knowledge for me to soak up right now! Rather in awe of it all! I've acquired about 20 CGC comics over the last year, thought I sort of... knew about them, but now there's this whole other level...

Thanks, guys! Tons of knowledge for me to soak up right now! Rather in awe of it all! I've acquired about 20 CGC comics over the last year, thought I sort of... knew about them, but now there's this whole other level...

Welcome, there are many very knowledgeable people here.

I'm Joe....I'm a silver age geek. I grew up in the 60's when DC & Marvel were battling for #1. Superman, Batman, Hulk, Spiderman......were all stuff into boxes when I went to college in the 70's. By the 80's they were long forgotten and of course my parents saw no reason to keep them.

For the past few years I'm been reliving old stories.....I can't tell you how many times I've said "I remember that cover".

I'm also a Star Trek closet geek....the original or TNG.....it doesn't make a difference.

So, if anyone wants to chat about the days of old.......give me a shout.

What's up guys, long time collector, 1st time CGC Forum member.

just call me T-Vo

Some of you on Instagram know my username as TVo14

https://www.instagram.com/tvo14/

or on my Youtube Channel, Lords of the Long Box

https://www.youtube.com/c/LordsoftheLongBox

I mix comics with beats...literally.

Been collecting since the late 80s, sold off most of my collectioin in the early 2000s then started collecting again in 2007

Great to see the community is so large yet also very small because of the internets! I'll try not to make Noob mistakes and search before I post..lol

What's up guys, long time collector, 1st time CGC Forum member.

just call me T-Vo

Some of you on Instagram know my username as TVo14

https://www.instagram.com/tvo14/

or on my Youtube Channel, Lords of the Long Box

https://www.youtube.com/c/LordsoftheLongBox

I mix comics with beats...literally.

Been collecting since the late 80s, sold off most of my collectioin in the early 2000s then started collecting again in 2007

Great to see the community is so large yet also very small because of the internets! I'll try not to make Noob mistakes and search before I post..lol

Hey T-Vo,

Welcome to the boards...

Hello,

Long time reader, first time poster.

I've been collecting since the 90s boom, almost exclusively Marvel (about 95%).

My primary collection focus is on completing an Amazing Spider-Man run in Near Mint. I'd say my collection averages to 9.0 so its VF/NM for now.

I also like to collect mini-series like Secret Wars, Infinity Gauntlet, Civil War, etc.

I've got no problem with reading an occasional indie, manga, or funny book, I just don't collect them.

I've learned a lot from the boards so far and I'm looking forward to picking up some more tips on the hobby.

Hi,

I have been looking for a good message board to join and this looks to be the best one from Google.

I used to collect comics when I was younger and I remember having a lot of key comics. Unfortunately I lost them in a house fire and decided to stop collecting altogether. Now I'm looking at getting back in. I have already amassed a small decent collection with some keys but I hope to add more to my two short boxes.

Other than collecting, I enjoy running and cooking.

Hope to learn a lot more here!

Hi,

I have been looking for a good message board to join and this looks to be the best one from Google.

I used to collect comics when I was younger and I remember having a lot of key comics. Unfortunately I lost them in a house fire and decided to stop collecting altogether. Now I'm looking at getting back in. I have already amassed a small decent collection with some keys but I hope to add more to my two short boxes.

Other than collecting, I enjoy running and cooking.

Hope to learn a lot more here!

Welcome to the boards.

WowhelloOakmanisitIneverthoughtIwouldbemeetanotherbigCapfanhereallyisthebesthewasaroundlongbeforetheotherAvengersexceptmaybeThorwhoislikeimmortalbut hestillactslikeanimpulsiveyouthIdon'tgetit.