• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

Hi All,

I'm a Warren. I started collecting back in the mid 80's and took a long break. I just started back looking at my old books and buying some GCG graded book. i will be sending some of my books for grading in the up coming months. i have some decent key issues(some in good shape and some not) and am looking forward to getting back into the hobby. Pleasure to meet all of you and will definitely ask question/advice when needed.

Thanks All

Cheers

Warren

Hello all,

My name is Jesse, guess I've been collecting comics since the first one my dad bought me when I was too young to fully understand what it was!

Being that my dad's favorite books were pre-code horror and science fiction plus some super heroes, those were the ones I gravitated to, but also the Sandman from the late 80's early 90's as my sister was into them. Have a full run of Sandman now.

To be honest, I've been using other forums for almost 20 years now, various interests, so I'm kind of familiar to how these work. That said I wanted to post a sale list up soon w/ some books but wanted to go over the rules before doing so (just checked out the usage guidelines page). Not sure if there is a trade/value forum on the board where you can post pics of what you have and have people comment, but if so some direction would be appreciated. Have a bunch of gold/silver age books from my dad that I'd like to sell to free up some cash for him.

Any rate, hope to hear back from some of you and do some deals too. Would have a suggestion on the way feedback is kept to if I could make that to a moderator here.

Only the best,

Jesse

Hello everyone,

I was searching online for information on comic grading. Obviously I found the correct place.

I'm trying to learn enough to determine if my comics are worth submission.

I would like to sell them all, but obviously need to know what grade theyare to know what price to ask.

I sent one to PGM (Conan # 1) and was surprised the grade estimate was so high.

Hey everybody. I've lurked on these boards for quite a while and have finally decided to take the plunge.

I started reading comics in the mid 70's when I barely knew how to read. I've been a serious collector since the mid 80's. My all time favorite run is the original JLA series which I only need 6 more books to complete the entire set of 261.

My favorite artists are Perez, Aparo, John Buscema, Art Adams and Jeff Limire.

I look forward to joining the conversations and especially look forward to using the 'can you spare a grade' section because while I consider myself a pretty decent grader, I'm afraid that "wishful thinking" may creep into some of my more classic books.

Hi all,

My name is Nathan from NY. Not too long ago I stumbled upon an old TMNT comic book collection of mine and was taken on a trip down memory lane. Bought a graded copy of TMNT #1 (2ND print) off ebay to display in the man cave and literally got sucked into the hobby. I also collect basketball cards but the excitement of comic book collecting is just awesome. Looking to learn more about the hobby on these boards and interact with other members here as well. My main areas of interest are batman, x-men and TMNTs. Looking forward to some buying/selling/trading. Take care all. 

5 minutes ago, Sniper9311 said:

Hi all,

My name is Nathan from NY. Not too long ago I stumbled upon an old TMNT comic book collection of mine and was taken on a trip down memory lane. Bought a graded copy of TMNT #1 (2ND print) off ebay to display in the man cave and literally got sucked into the hobby. I also collect basketball cards but the excitement of comic book collecting is just awesome. Looking to learn more about the hobby on these boards and interact with other members here as well. My main areas of interest are batman, x-men and TMNTs. Looking forward to some buying/selling/trading. Take care all. 

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS!! YOUR IN FOR A ROLLACOASTAH :martini:

6 hours ago, Sniper9311 said:

Hi all,

Hey Nathan! Happy to have you here.  I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun and learning as you go along.

Question for you, though?  How did you find this thread?  It's not pinned to the top of the first page, where it probably should be....

@Architecht

18 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Hey Nathan! Happy to have you here.  I'm sure it'll be a lot of fun and learning as you go along.

Question for you, though?  How did you find this thread?  It's not pinned to the top of the first page, where it probably should be....

@Architecht

Thank you for the welcome everyone. I found this thread looking through the general comics section and looking at the N00b guide. I'm active on the blowoutcards forum and they have a similar introductory system although I believe it is pinned to the top over there. Figured I'd do the same there. 

27 minutes ago, Sniper9311 said:

Thank you for the welcome everyone. I found this thread looking through the general comics section and looking at the N00b guide. I'm active on the blowoutcards forum and they have a similar introductory system although I believe it is pinned to the top over there. Figured I'd do the same there. 

Welcome  :banana: