• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Jeece said:

Hi from Canada! I used to be into a few series back in the late 1990s, I've hold onto some of them out of sentimental value and thinking they wouldn't be worth much anyways. I recently began to research about their value and was quite surprised. :) I may consider grading some, still trying to know if it would be worth it - I consider myself more of a reader than a collector (though I sometimes got out of my way to get special variants, ashcans...), but I've always took good care of them (always went back in bag with cardboard backing after reading, etc). Most haven't been read more than twice, and all haven't even left their boxes in 10+ years.

I've browsed and searched the forums and many other websites, I still have some blind spots but I've learned a lot so far. :)

Always good to do your homework, hope you find more!

22 minutes ago, Joe Lindsey said:

My name is Joe. I’m a copper queen and aspiring Bronze Age collector. What can I say I grew up in the 90s and washing cars and mowing lawns couldn’t buy Bronze Age books. So I’m back at 40 years old with a good job ready to get all those books I wanted and could never afford. 

Welcome aboard!!! 👍

8 hours ago, Joe Lindsey said:

My name is Joe. I’m a copper queen and aspiring Bronze Age collector. What can I say I grew up in the 90s and washing cars and mowing lawns couldn’t buy Bronze Age books. So I’m back at 40 years old with a good job ready to get all those books I wanted and could never afford. 

Congrats on the xmen 104 you posted! Hope the others when back from cgc are to your satisfaction.

Lots of fun in copper too

:tink:

Greetings,

Eddie here. Also known online as "scottymcgeester" or "scottymcgee".

I'm into collecting comics for the money. But my soft spots for personal collections include pulp fiction (i.e. Conan, The Shadow, The Phantom, Flash Gordon), anything with Zatanna (literally, anything), Will Eisner's Spirit, and old Star Wars comics. I like to hang those on my walls. Oh, and also Doctor Who (comics and magazines) and video game-related comics like Super Mario Bros. and Tomb Raider.

Planning on submitting a few of my first comics to grade.

Cheers!

8 minutes ago, Eddie Francisco said:

Greetings,

I'm into collecting comics for the money. But my soft spots for personal collections include pulp fiction (i.e. Conan, The Shadow, The Phantom, Flash Gordon), anything with Zatanna (literally, anything), Will Eisner's Spirit, and old Star Wars comics. I like to hang those on my walls. Oh, and also Doctor Who (comics and magazines) and video game-related comics like Super Mario Bros. and Tomb Raider.

Cheers!

Welcome to the boards Eddie

22 minutes ago, Eddie Francisco said:

Greetings,

Cheers!

Yes Welcome Eddie, a wide range, and don't forget the Nintendo Powers! :headbang: 

Hello my name is Jason. I am a long time Marvel Zombie.  For the longest time I was into anything that was X-Men but as I got older I started following certain artists and writers.  I haven't picked up a new book in about 6 years but I started cataloging my collection and I can feel the pull(list) again.  Lol

1 hour ago, Jemin said:

Hello my name is Jason. I am a long time Marvel Zombie.  For the longest time I was into anything that was X-Men but as I got older I started following certain artists and writers.  I haven't picked up a new book in about 6 years but I started cataloging my collection and I can feel the pull(list) again.  Lol

Hey, welcome, glad to hear the passion is aliiiiiiiiiiiiiive!

Weird science! :banana:

10 hours ago, Jemin said:

Welcome aboard!!  Hope to see you in the threads!! (thumbsu

Hi there!

My name is Mike, aka darkWaters! I know, edge lordy...

Anyway, just want to say I've only been lurking for a couple of days as I've been looking to sell off some of my comics, and this board looked like a wonderful place to be a part of. Right now I'm just trying to get the lay of the land and get the etiquette down so I don't look a fool!

2 minutes ago, darkWaters said:

Hi there!

My name is Mike, aka darkWaters! I know, edge lordy...

Anyway, just want to say I've only been lurking for a couple of days as I've been looking to sell off some of my comics, and this board looked like a wonderful place to be a part of. Right now I'm just trying to get the lay of the land and get the etiquette down so I don't look a fool!

Woo-Hoo! Good luck!
there is a selling forum and rules

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/63-comics-market-forum-only-selling-area/

give it some time to build a firm foundation, and you'll be fine

22 minutes ago, Amazeron said:

Hi I’m fresh out of the oven, excited to learn more about comic book grading. I’ve been collecting for a couple years and would love to share my collection with you guys :)

Glad you're here and hope you enjoy!

Check out the registry as well to post pics and descriptions of slabs! Maybe fun

https://comics.www.collectors-society.com/

1 hour ago, Amazeron said:

Hi I’m fresh out of the oven, excited to learn more about comic book grading. I’ve been collecting for a couple years and would love to share my collection with you guys :)

Welcome aboard!!!👍

6 minutes ago, Sam Desai Collection said:

I am buy, sell, trade and upgrade comics for hobby and private collection. 

Looking forward to learning more from all of you.
Preparing my first batch to CGC to do what it does best. 

What brings you to CGC?

Welcome aboard!!! (thumbsu

24 minutes ago, Sam Desai Collection said:

I am buy, sell, trade and upgrade comics for hobby and private collection. 

Looking forward to learning more from all of you.
Preparing my first batch to CGC to do what it does best. 

What brings you to CGC?