• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

My names Clarence. Like most, I've been lurking here for a while and haven't really made any contributive posts.

I'm still learning as I've only been collecting books for a few months. I was heavy into sports cards/memorabilia before, but got a bit bored and fed up with it all.

I've found most people here tend to be quite friendly and less obnoxious than most of the card forums I used to frequent.

Ill hopefully become more contributive as I get more experience and knowledge under my belt.

:hi:

Is your name Michael Diamond?

-slym (wonders who will get this)

:roflmao: I copped that in primary school. And again when the movie 8 mile came out... doh!

I'm quite enjoying reading these bios. (thumbs u

Very well, where do I begin? My father was a relentlessly self-improving boulangerie owner from Belgium with low grade narcolepsy and a penchant for buggery. My mother was a fifteen year old French prostitute named Chloe with webbed feet. My father would womanize, he would drink, he would make outrageous claims like he invented the question mark. Some times he would accuse chestnuts of being lazy, the sort of general malaise that only the genius possess and the insane lament. My childhood was typical, summers in Rangoon, luge lessons. In the spring we'd make meat helmets. When I was insolent I was placed in a burlap bag and beaten with reeds, pretty standard really. At the age of 12 I received my first scribe. At the age of fourteen, a Zoroastrian named Vilma ritualistically shaved my testicles. There really is nothing like a shorn scrotum, it's breathtaking, I suggest you try it.

You forgot the Richie Rich tatoo on your left teat...., and your penchant for wearing French Maid outfits......, :luhv:

:hi: I'm Mike, and I drink too much Wild Turkey..., AND I collect shiny baubles in a fractured pattern. :cloud9:

My names Clarence.

Ill hopefully become more combative as I get more experience and knowledge under my belt. :sumo:

Hello everyone,

Very informative and cool site that I am happy to be a part of. I started collecting comics around 1972 and have acquired a very large collection which I will be selling a portion of on these boards.

I still collect a few titles as well as movie related action figures. I still have an active ebay account but rarely use it due to the monopoly they have with paypal.

Looking forward to speaking to fello board members.

Cheers

Sergil

Hi,

I'm me, this is you.

I just found this thread.

I live in Canada. It's cold. We don't have penguins. We never break seals cause that would void warrenty.

Hello Fellow hobbyists.....My name is Gary and I'm 44....I collected when I was a child (like most of us out there) however when I joined the Air Force in '88 my mother decided she needed my closet space and GAVE AWAY 3 short boxes of early Daredevil, AMS, and Richie Rich gems.

I didn't purchase another comic until my son turned 8 and we went to a local shop and I got re-hooked and my boy jumped in head first with me.

I collect Daredevil, ASM, Batman, Silver Surfer and TWD.

I enjoy the hobby and love reading the stories....my friends call me FLIP and INCO was the name of the company I work for until they sold out... thus INCOFLIP was born.

you can see me on the "What do you look like" thread and the "comic tattoo" thread.

This is a cool thread, I'd like to play. My name is Buddy, and my older brothers had stacks of comics in the '80s. At some point (I think it was his 4th or 5th grade), my brother 5 years older than me made a lewd and lascivious gesture (he...err...exposed himself) to a girl in his class. I can't remember if he was expelled or received a lengthy suspension. My mother then discovered that he had been reading my 3 oldest brothers' comics which included some Heavy Metal magazines. She was not pleased. To the fireplace all the comics went, and I am ashamed that I, at around 5, gleefully contributed to the inferno.

Years later, my brothers were still collecting mostly Marvel comics, and I discovered JRJR and Ann Nocenti's DD and Peter David and Dale Keown's Hulk among other great stories. I lost interest in collecting in my late teen years but still read as much as I could. In 2010, I picked up buying older back issues and have been hopelessly hooked.

My focus right now is select Marvel runs and Marvel and DC keys. I'm glad to be here as it is a great place to buy and sell funny books.

Hi my name is Shaun and I am brand new to the board but not to comics.

I have been buying and reading comics on and off since the 80's when my favourites were batman and judge dredd. I stopped reading in my teens but always kept up with the industry and even went to college with hopes of becoming a comic book artist!

The comic book artist thing never got off the ground and I am now in my second year studying for a degree in natural sciences.

I started collecting comics again maybe 4-5 years ago and spent a small fortune on amassing a many collections bought from private sellers in hopes of finishing my own runs of all my favourite comics!

Last year I purchased my first slabbed comic which is a 7.5 Sub-Mariner #1, actually I bought 2 but one is raw.

I am looking forward to getting to know some like minded collectors and hopefully finding some of those key issues to add to my collection!

Guess i'm still pretty new here...

Been reading comics for maybe 20-25 years now and realized that all my HQ books were gonna end up being reading copies, so about a year ago started getting into the CGC books. If it's not slabbed, I'm gonna read it.

I think I found the boards when I googled an X-men CGC I was looking for. Glad I did. The boards have helped me fill in a lot of the SA stuff I needed for the reading collection.

So thanks, boards. And hey.

-Andre

My names Clarence. Like most, I've been lurking here for a while and haven't really made any contributive posts.

I'm still learning as I've only been collecting books for a few months. I was heavy into sports cards/memorabilia before, but got a bit bored and fed up with it all.

I've found most people here tend to be quite friendly and less obnoxious than most of the card forums I used to frequent.

Ill hopefully become more contributive as I get more experience and knowledge under my belt.

Is your name Michael Diamond?

-slym (wonders who will get this)

Beastie Boy reference?

Hi everyone, I'm Tim! Well I'm pretty new here too! Joined the CS in 07 but have only been on the boards since August 2013.

I have been collecting since I was in my early teens and.... aw you all know the rest of the story, it's been repeated on here a dozen times already :o

My main focus has been Richie Rich with Star Wars being a close second! I fell in love with the Valiant books of the 90's but lost interest after they let Jim go! Haven't been able to board the wagon this go round but I am happy to see Valiant charging the comic book scene again! :applause:

It's been a great experience and I hope to remain an active participant! Thanks to all that have been so supportive and welcoming! :foryou:

Cheers!

Tim

Edited by timern

Hi all, I like this thread - a good way to introduce ourselves! Name is Gregory and I had been reading comic books since age 5. My collection didn't start until 2 years later and when I looked what I had gathered that much. I said,"why stop? I'll go on as long I like to read!" Well, it's almost 40 years and I have not stopped reading .. I'm enjoying comic books too much lol

My collection had changed in the last 20 years since. I shifted around to focus more on my core collection to complete my favourite titles in high grade/striaght runs. As a kid, I started out with Richie Rich; Walt Disney Ducks (Carl Barks and Don Rosa!); Gold Key - Mystery/Sci-Fic; Superman; Flash and some Marvel early runs. Anything after '90s - it's just tradeback/HC books to read as it's cheaper and get more volume in reading. I still buy new comics but not so much.

I signed to here two years ago but haven't get to post much. Now I am doing more often after moved back to my old town to live. it's good to see lots of fellow collectors with the same ideals here!

Thanks for making me feel welcomed in here! (thumbs u :applause: