• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

Hi-low to all. I am me, and have no idea what I am doing.  It's an everyday thing for me. But I do love comics. Mostly into marvel, but my kids are D.C..... kids .... lol but because of them ALL coming back home I have been put in a tight spot and will be parting with most of my collection if anyone is looking..... to good thing I've held onto them longer than they have been alive. Better yet,  does anybody want any kids instead they range from all ages lol

19 minutes ago, A-A-Ron said:

Hi-low to all. I am me, and have no idea what I am doing.  It's an everyday thing for me. But I do love comics. Mostly into marvel, but my kids are D.C..... kids .... lol but because of them ALL coming back home I have been put in a tight spot and will be parting with most of my collection if anyone is looking..... to good thing I've held onto them longer than they have been alive. Better yet,  does anybody want any kids instead they range from all ages lol

Welcome to the boards!

25 minutes ago, A-A-Ron said:

Welcome to the boards. I hope you enjoy your stay here. 

There are a few sections here for selling, based on what era the books are from. 

I can't stress enough the importance of reading the guidelines, before starting your sales thread. 

Good luck! 

Andy

1 hour ago, ComicasaurusRex said:

Hello all! I have been a collector since the age of 10 and just recently began slabbing my books. I've collected Marvel, DC, Valiant, Dark Horse and just about everything else! Looking forward to engaging in the boards and maybe sharing some of my collection!

Welcome to the boards! I think you'll find it's a great place to learn and share. Good to have you. 

1 hour ago, ComicasaurusRex said:

Hello all! I have been a collector since the age of 10 and just recently began slabbing my books. I've collected Marvel, DC, Valiant, Dark Horse and just about everything else! Looking forward to engaging in the boards and maybe sharing some of my collection!

WTTB!! You'll have a lot of fun ;) lot's of contribution here!

Hey everyone! totally slipped my mind to introduce myself here earlier. Have a few post but still considered new! My name is Adam and I collect mostly Silver and Bronze Age Marvel/DC. However like many my tastes vary to whatever character I like or covers/stories I'm into regardless of publisher. I am a designer by trade so I've always had an appreciation/passion for drawing and the arts. I also love history and vintage comics encompasses all that into one :bigsmile:. Just happy to be here and to contribute and to see every ones great collections, thanks!

11 minutes ago, mustang33guy said:

Hey everyone! totally slipped my mind to introduce myself here earlier. Have a few post but still considered new! My name is Adam and I collect mostly Silver and Bronze Age Marvel/DC. However like many my tastes vary to whatever character I like or covers/stories I'm into regardless of publisher. I am a designer by trade so I've always had an appreciation/passion for drawing and the arts. I also love history and vintage comics encompasses all that into one :bigsmile:. Just happy to be here and to contribute and to see every ones great collections, thanks!

Welcome Adam! :hi: 

Hey everyone! I'm Chris and just recently got back into comics. I started in the early 80s and collected up to about the mid-90s (got out before the crash). I'm really into the Grimm Fairy Tales books, specifically Robyn Hood (with Van Helsing a close second). I'm putting together a 9.8 collection of exclusive Robyn Hood books. I'm new to grading and am learning the hard way, as probably everyone does lol.

1 hour ago, chrisking334 said:

Hey everyone! I'm Chris and just recently got back into comics. I started in the early 80s and collected up to about the mid-90s (got out before the crash). I'm really into the Grimm Fairy Tales books, specifically Robyn Hood (with Van Helsing a close second). I'm putting together a 9.8 collection of exclusive Robyn Hood books. I'm new to grading and am learning the hard way, as probably everyone does lol.

Welcome!! ;) we all start out at our own pace, and paitence is a virtue lol congrats on having specific goals to go towards :) 

5 hours ago, chrisking334 said:

Welcome to the boards!   :applause:

Hello to all, my name is Sal. I collected comics from the mid-eighties to the mid-nineties and focused mainly on completing my jla 1-261 run. I have just recently found myself back in the hobby after a lengthily absence (wife, kids, bla bla bla) and I've leapt headfirst into collecting key issues and Canadian price variants. I am very surprised that Overstreet has still not acknowledged the newsstand and price variants in their book and priced them accordingly. I hope they fix this lapse in judgement as I truly believe that this could re-invigorate a flailing industry. Anyways, comics are such a great escape and I am thrilled to be back in this world. Keep up the great work CGC, I love your service. Keeping books safely preserved while displaying them is something truly great for this industry. I look forward to posting on these chat boards and sharing this great hobby with all of you. Cheers.