• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

I collect vintage and semi- modern baseball, football, and basketball cards,  star wars stuff, retro video games, and comics.  My main comic collecting focus is Bronze Age keys in 8.0 only.  I currently have:

Hulk 181, ASM 129, GSXM #1, XMEN 94, Marvel Spotlight 5, Werewolf By Night 32, Marvel Premiere 15, Hero For Hire 1, Hulk 180, Tomb of Dracula 10.  Incoming are Marvel Premiere 1 and Conan 1.   I will only buy the old flips, still don't trust the new ones.  For lower end keys I prefer raw, but VF/NM or higher.  Howard the Duck 1, Inhumans 1, Star Wars 1,  Invaders 1, Marvel Premiere 28, Devil Dinosaur, stuff like that. 

I do have a couple of silver age in 6.5, FF #45 and FF #52. 

My monthly subs are:  Batman, Detective Comics, AS Batman, Justice League, Action Comics, and Star Wars

1 hour ago, stray pube said:

I collect vintage and semi- modern baseball, football, and basketball cards,  star wars stuff, retro video games, and comics.  My main comic collecting focus is Bronze Age keys in 8.0 only.  I currently have:

Hulk 181, ASM 129, GSXM #1, XMEN 94, Marvel Spotlight 5, Werewolf By Night 32, Marvel Premiere 15, Hero For Hire 1, Hulk 180, Tomb of Dracula 10.  Incoming are Marvel Premiere 1 and Conan 1.   I will only buy the old flips, still don't trust the new ones.  For lower end keys I prefer raw, but VF/NM or higher.  Howard the Duck 1, Inhumans 1, Star Wars 1,  Invaders 1, Marvel Premiere 28, Devil Dinosaur, stuff like that. 

My monthly subs are:  Batman, Detective Comics, AS Batman, Justice League, Action Comics, and Star Wars

Great name!

1 hour ago, stray pube said:

Gross pic :sick:

Hi everyone

I'm new to the boards - I've been lurking for about a week. I'm floored by the amount of knowledge on this forum. I started collecting in the early 90s as a kid and got back into the hobby a few years ago. Right now my focus is mostly on silver age, although I have a soft spot for Claremont X-Men and the Frank Miller Daredevil run.

Currently subscribe mainly to Image titles (Saga, East of West, Seven to Eternity, Kill or Be Killed, etc...)

Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for basically consuming my entire work week :)

2 minutes ago, Bordogna said:

Hi everyone

I'm new to the boards - I've been lurking for about a week. I'm floored by the amount of knowledge on this forum. I started collecting in the early 90s as a kid and got back into the hobby a few years ago. Right now my focus is mostly on silver age, although I have a soft spot for Claremont X-Men and the Frank Miller Daredevil run.

Currently subscribe mainly to Image titles (Saga, East of West, Seven to Eternity, Kill or Be Killed, etc...)

Just wanted to introduce myself and say thanks for basically consuming my entire work week :)

Welcome to the Jungle, we got fun and games, we got everything ya' want----Oh we know the names ;) 

Welcome to the Boards

On ‎5‎/‎24‎/‎2017 at 7:50 PM, stray pube said:

Welcome to the Boards :)

On ‎5‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 3:41 PM, Bordogna said:

Hi everyone

Welcome to the Boards! :golfclap:

On 5/25/2017 at 1:41 PM, Bordogna said:

Hi everyone

Welcome to the boards.

Hi everyone. My name is Joel. Poppy is my puppy. I am a collector of comics and coins and I'm fortunate to have a wife who shares and supports my obsessions. I hope to learn from the boards so that I can amass a collection I can be proud of and ultimately pass on. Im only 44 so I have plenty of time. Kudos to you all!!

21 minutes ago, poppy73 said:

Hi everyone. My name is Joel. Poppy is my puppy. I am a collector of comics and coins and I'm fortunate to have a wife who shares and supports my obsessions. I hope to learn from the boards so that I can amass a collection I can be proud of and ultimately pass on. Im only 44 so I have plenty of time. Kudos to you all!!

Huzzah POPPY73!! and welcome to the boards!! Glad to hear you are well taken care of :) Enjoy and have fun :banana:

43 minutes ago, poppy73 said:

Welcome to the boards!! (thumbsu

Hello folks! I'm newish to the boards. I like many others have also been lurking for a bit. 

I'm a marvel fan, but dabble in a few others. Mostly collect moderns but do have a few older books in my collection. Don't really know in which direction to go when it comes to my collection though. Love the stories, the art and comics!

Loads of information available and look forward leaning more. 

8 minutes ago, rogue14 said:

Hello folks! I'm newish to the boards. I like many others have also been lurking for a bit. 

I'm a marvel fan, but dabble in a few others. Mostly collect moderns but do have a few older books in my collection. Don't really know in which direction to go when it comes to my collection though. Love the stories, the art and comics!

Welcome rouge14 to the boards :)

Glad to have you

2 hours ago, rogue14 said:

Welcome to the boards :applause:

Someone needs to invite this girl to the boards.

She's from Monument, Colorado

She's from Monument, Colorado

11371227_1518784241744876_951996166_n.jp

Paige was born in Colorado but went to school in San Diego. She has a diverse range of interests beyond golf. Foremost among them is going to comic book shops. She describes herself as “a huge comic book nerd.” Her favorites are Batman and Iron Man, who she dressed up as for Halloween. Ironically, she is terrible at miniature golf and typically comes dead last when she plays with friends. She also likes rock climbing, trampolining and rock climbing.

Spiranac loves comic books

11374049_511890072297028_1002445962_n.jp

Edited by mysterymachine

On 6/7/2017 at 10:44 PM, poppy73 said:

Welcome ! and you have the correct attitude because nice collections are built with patience over time !!