• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

On 2017-06-07 at 10:44 PM, poppy73 said:

Hi everyone. My name is Joel. Poppy is my puppy. I am a collector of comics and coins and I'm fortunate to have a wife who shares and supports my obsessions. I hope to learn from the boards so that I can amass a collection I can be proud of and ultimately pass on. Im only 44 so I have plenty of time. Kudos to you all!!

Welcome @poppy73

Hello everyone.

I'm Shane and have inherited a collection of comic related items.  I have one in particular I'm looking to see if anyone can identify at this point.  Is there a section or thread specific to "What is this?" type questions someone can point me to?

It always amazes me that there are such large groups of comic enthusiasts, and I am hopeful I can be part of the community.  I feel I have a lot of work to do going forward, so a good group to ask rookie questions to could prove to be very useful!

Thanks - Shane

33 minutes ago, ShaneB said:

Hello everyone.

I'm Shane and have inherited a collection of comic related items.  I have one in particular I'm looking to see if anyone can identify at this point.  Is there a section or thread specific to "What is this?" type questions someone can point me to?

It always amazes me that there are such large groups of comic enthusiasts, and I am hopeful I can be part of the community.  I feel I have a lot of work to do going forward, so a good group to ask rookie questions to could prove to be very useful!

Thanks - Shane

Depending what/if that the item is comic related, I would go ahead and post it in comics general for now. (hard to tell without a description (shrug)--anyway the tide will take you in the direction you need to go from there.)

Welcome to the boards!!!:headbang:

40 minutes ago, nepatkm said:

Depending what/if that the item is comic related, I would go ahead and post it in comics general for now. (hard to tell without a description (shrug)--anyway the tide will take you in the direction you need to go from there.)

Welcome to the boards!!!:headbang:

I am having trouble getting images to upload (error 200), so the post may be delayed indefinitely, lol.  I've found two of the seven items so far though, after a tip from my wife.  They're prints by Thomas Canty.

22 minutes ago, ShaneB said:

I am having trouble getting images to upload (error 200), so the post may be delayed indefinitely, lol.  I've found two of the seven items so far though, after a tip from my wife.  They're prints by Thomas Canty.

Sometimes before you load to the boards, you can make the images smaller...then it will work :)

36 minutes ago, ShaneB said:

Also... If you right click on your images on your say desktop... You can choose open with... And choose paint and open it with that, and then under the Home tab I think it is you can change how many pixels the picture has change it to about 720 and it will upload

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

1 hour ago, Jonesin4Comics1 said:

I haven't posted in so long I'm re-introducing myself. Hi everyone! :hi:

-Jonesy

I'm not sure but usually with a "1" at the end of a board man means you need to "request a merge of your account" I'm on my phone or I'd post the link... :)

Greetings all! New to the boards started collecting Marvel in the early to mid 70s, I can remember buying some uncanny X-men, 5 for a buck at a Genovese drug store!  Went into the service in 82 kept collecting and keeping up with my favorite titles until 1990 when I went home on leave for a death in the family and my whole collection had been stolen from our storage area.  So many key issues gone! Hulk 181 probably the most expensive! Continued to collect what titles I had collected until the mid to late 90s then stopped as marvel was pretty crazy with the titles. Retired from the service 10 years ago and Just recently got back into collecting again in the last two years and have some nice X-Men runs 94-500, FF 20-645, Complete run of Conan comics and Savage Sword and some others. Currently working on a CA and IM run. Plan on having some keys graded in the near future. My two sons that are grown and in the service now finally appreciate comics and are fans of certain titles. Plan on being a regular here and sticking with Silver through copper age and anything else that catches my eye. I currently follow a few of the newer titles Cap and IM and waiting for the FF to start back up again hopefully in the near future! Plan on being a regular on the board! Thanks Gene

38 minutes ago, Gene465 said:

Greetings all! New to the boards started collecting Marvel in the early to mid 70s, I can remember buying some uncanny X-men, 5 for a buck at a Genovese drug store!  Went into the service in 82 kept collecting and keeping up with my favorite titles until 1990 when I went home on leave for a death in the family and my whole collection had been stolen from our storage area.  So many key issues gone! Hulk 181 probably the most expensive! Continued to collect what titles I had collected until the mid to late 90s then stopped as marvel was pretty crazy with the titles. Retired from the service 10 years ago and Just recently got back into collecting again in the last two years and have some nice X-Men runs 94-500, FF 20-645, Complete run of Conan comics and Savage Sword and some others. Currently working on a CA and IM run. Plan on having some keys graded in the near future. My two sons that are grown and in the service now finally appreciate comics and are fans of certain titles. Plan on being a regular here and sticking with Silver through copper age and anything else that catches my eye. I currently follow a few of the newer titles Cap and IM and waiting for the FF to start back up again hopefully in the near future! Plan on being a regular on the board! Thanks Gene

Welcome to the boards Gene, you've found the right place to talk comics.

1 hour ago, Gene465 said:

:applause: welcome to the boards

Hello, hello! My name is Charles. I'm 20. I live in Florida. I went to my first comic book shop, saw my first comic (in person), bought my first comic, and read my first comic a day short of a week ago, on Sunday. Basically, I'm a new, new guy. I'll tell what though, I'm being sucked into this fast and I have questions. I imagine I'll be on here quite a bit to get these questions answered to their best ability seeing as how YouTube isn't doing me justice, so be prepared for that... In advance, I really appreciate the answers anyone will be giving me and I look forward to learning more about comic books! See ya around!

Edited by CharlesG
Addition

3 minutes ago, CharlesG said:

Hello, hello! My name is Charles. I'm 20. I live in Florida. I went to my first comic book shop, saw my first comic (in person), bought my first comic, and read my first comic a day short of a week ago, on Sunday. Basically, I'm a new, new guy. I'll tell what though, I'm being sucked into this fast and I have questions. I imagine I'll be on here quite a bit to get these questions answered to their best ability seeing as how YouTube isn't doing me justice, so be prepared for that... In advance, I really appreciate the answers anyone will be giving me and I look forward to learning more about comic books! See ya around!

Welcome Charles.  Careful, comics are like crack cocaine.  it's tough to break the cycle.