• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Bat34 said:

That's a really cool story, thanks for sharing!  I'm a newbie as well and stories like yours inspired me to stop lurking and post myself.

Awesome @Bat34

The Golden Age, Silver Age & Bronze Age forums will be glad to have you!! Welcome to the Boards :) !!

Hi All

Long time lurker, but never really felt like I had a whole lot to contribute!  However recently after a 20 year + hiatus, the comic bug has sort of re-bitten me.  I still read comics, I just haven't collected in years, having sold my collection a long time ago, with the exception of a few sentimental issues I held onto. Generally my passion switched over to vintage toy lines, mostly Star Wars. However I am kind of tired of that and thought comics would be fun again.

I mostly collect comics with Halloween themed covers.  An odd focus, I know - But Im enjoying it . :)

Thats kind of the long and short of it. Excited to join up and can't wait to learn.

-Tyler

11 minutes ago, TylerHam said:

Hi All

Long time lurker, but never really felt like I had a whole lot to contribute!  However recently after a 20 year + hiatus, the comic bug has sort of re-bitten me.  I still read comics, I just haven't collected in years, having sold my collection a long time ago, with the exception of a few sentimental issues I held onto. Generally my passion switched over to vintage toy lines, mostly Star Wars. However I am kind of tired of that and thought comics would be fun again.

I mostly collect comics with Halloween themed covers.  An odd focus, I know - But Im enjoying it . :)

Thats kind of the long and short of it. Excited to join up and can't wait to learn.

-Tyler

Hey Tyler, Welcome to the Boards! Love the avatar :) 

@1950's war comics

Mind out of the gutter lol

3 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

My friend-- best friend--growing up had pro wrestling the game, from what I remember there was a starman that threw people against the ropes, which was pretty unstoppable. 

lol I never saw the end credits either. My friend did though :) 

There I tried to reword it so it isn't so tounge and cheek and can't be interpreted the wrong way

Hahaha

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

Hey, names Garrett, from Iowa, have been collecting stuff most my life. I have been doing comics heavily for about 4-5 years now, I mainly have all rather new stuff. I do seek out the occasional classics. Love marvel of I had to choose what side I was on. Don't own any graded comics but may be looking to change that here once I get acclimated into how it all works. Thanks for having me and thanks for hosting such a huge library of knowledge for the world to see. 

2 hours ago, drugtaker said:

Hey, names Garrett, from Iowa, have been collecting stuff most my life. I have been doing comics heavily for about 4-5 years now, I mainly have all rather new stuff. I do seek out the occasional classics. Love marvel of I had to choose what side I was on. Don't own any graded comics but may be looking to change that here once I get acclimated into how it all works. Thanks for having me and thanks for hosting such a huge library of knowledge for the world to see. 

It's very simple just may take a few months to receive cgc reps are usually at every convention to help.

2 hours ago, drugtaker said:

Welcome to the boards (thumbsu

Hi everyone,  I'm the new guy rat chew.  I joined because I like books and want to show off some of my bling and see yours as well.  I mostly like 1st appearances and white pages.  I'm looking forward to buying books and making some friends.....and enemies.

Red Skull 7.jpg

Edited by rat chew

2 minutes ago, rat chew said:

Hi everyone,  I'm the new guy rat chew.  I joined because I like books and want to show off some of my bling and see yours as well.  I mostly like 1st appearances and white pages.  I'm looking forward to buying books and making some friends.....and enemies.

Welcome rat chew!! to the boards lol 

Hey guys I just joined today. (I wanted to ask a question to try and get a silver key/expensive comics list) but I've been lurking around the boards for the past month or so. I've been collecting Spider-man comics since I was 12 or so (I'm 30 now).  Lately I've been really getting into Daredevil, as well as the New 52 Batman and Flash comics (which surprised me as I've never been too interested in Flash in the past).

In the past couple months I've been buying up comic collections at garage sales and off of kijiji (Canadas Craigslist), in the hopes that I can sell some of the comics I purchase either on ebay or at a local comic convention next year to fund my crazy comic buying habit. I've got a couple good scores lately that I might send in to CGC to get graded. I was able to purchase the whole New Mutants run for less then a dollar per comic, so I'm thinking about sending in New Mutants 1, 87 (first cable) and 98 (first Deadpool) as well as the New Mutants graphic novel from 1982 (do they do graphic novels?).  

I'm still not exactly sure how I'm going to sell my comics (ebay or comic con) and I'm currently in the process of organizing them and figuring out exactly what I have and what it's worth. If anyone has any recommendations on a website/program to use it would be appreciated. I've just been looking at sold listings on ebay to get an idea. 

P.S. I binge read through the "post your garage sale/flea market finds here" thread. It's great to live vicariously through others!

Hello everyone,

Im from Germany and are more or less a Comic Newby.

Was collecting a few comics several years ago (Spider-Gwen, the Marvel darth vader), but stopped at a time.

Now Im more or less restarting and am currently looking for Spider-Gwen, Darth Vader and Doctor Aphra Items.

Im mainly hoping to find counsel and buying opportunities here, as Im a sucker for collectibles.

Nice to meet you all.

PS: Pls ignore my stupid mistake in my nickname. 

22 minutes ago, Admira_Ackbar said:

Hello everyone,

Was collecting a few comics several years ago (Spider-Gwen, the Marvel darth vader), but stopped at a time.

Now Im more or less restarting and am currently looking for Spider-Gwen, Darth Vader and Doctor Aphra Items.

Im mainly hoping to find counsel and buying opportunities here, as Im a sucker for collectibles.

Nice to meet you all.

Welcome! :hi:

IMG_4792.JPG

57 minutes ago, Admira_Ackbar said:

Hello everyone,

Nice to meet you all.

I think you can edit it, if you want to add an "L" :) Welcome Mr. Ackbar may I pour you a drink

:tink:

After many years of lurking and holding a long-dormant account, I have finally posted on these boards (on my friend Howard Greber's memorial thread). I was a friend of Howard's for over a decade, from back in the CPG forum days, where I went by over40artist and he went by Eggs Ackley (as he did here). I am currently selling Howard's comic-book collection on behalf of his widow, Carolyn, and will likely start a few selling threads in the near future.

I am also the owner and developer of the comixjoint website, a site devoted to UG comix reviews. After a decade of development, I'm still working on completing the undergrounds section. It's been slow going because I've been so busy with other projects, from Dan Fogel's underground price guide (where I'm the book designer and editor) to the design and layout of a series of marijuana-themed comic books (I did most of the comics on drivethrubud). 

Anyway, after many years on the CPG forums, I look forward to meeting some new friends here on CGC, some of whom I might already know from the old CPG days...if you recognize my over40artist moniker then you already know me! See ya on the boards!

On 10/8/2017 at 4:58 PM, over40artist said:

After many years of lurking and holding a long-dormant account, I have finally posted on these boards (on my friend Howard Greber's memorial thread). I was a friend of Howard's for over a decade, from back in the CPG forum days, where I went by over40artist and he went by Eggs Ackley (as he did here). I am currently selling Howard's comic-book collection on behalf of his widow, Carolyn, and will likely start a few selling threads in the near future.

I am also the owner and developer of the comixjoint website, a site devoted to UG comix reviews. After a decade of development, I'm still working on completing the undergrounds section. It's been slow going because I've been so busy with other projects, from Dan Fogel's underground price guide (where I'm the book designer and editor) to the design and layout of a series of marijuana-themed comic books (I did most of the comics on drivethrubud). 

Anyway, after many years on the CPG forums, I look forward to meeting some new friends here on CGC, some of whom I might already know from the old CPG days...if you recognize my over40artist moniker then you already know me! See ya on the boards!

Eggs is missed dearly here, always great to deal with and talk to. 

Welcome aboard! :hi:

Howdy Folks,

I found these boards about a year ago and have been lurking off an on since.  I collected comics from around age 8-16 and then stopped for 20+ years.  A few years ago I was bored on ebay and saw a set of Secret Wars for sale.  Nostalgia hit me hard and I pulled the trigger, fell in love all over again and have since made collecting a focus.  I love everything about them - the stories, the art, the ads, the letters to the editor.  It all takes me back to a simpler time and I'm constantly reminded why I fell in love with this medium as a kid in the first place. I've spent the past 4 years or so working on complete sets and runs.  Spider-Man is my jam.  Currently working on building up the Silver Age and Bronze Age Marvel collection, but it ain't cheap.  Grading comics has become almost as important as reading them, so I'm really looking forward to March Madness tournament on here next year.

Thanks for creating a space where people like me can feel at home, I hope to contribute instead of just reading from now on.