• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

18 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I Live! said:

You're welcome. Start poking around the place - you'll find loads of stuff to read and suggestions for good stuff to read. I think @Ken Aldred is up on his indies (I'm not myself) - Ken - am I right? Suggestions please if so (thumbsu

Indies I’ve enjoyed...

Black Science

Tokyo Ghost

Velvet

Invincible

Jupiter’s Legacy

Saga

Casanova

Paper Girls

Lazarus

Fatale

Sex Criminals

The Wicked and the Divine

I Kill Giants 

Descender

A few quality Image titles to start with.

Edited by Ken Aldred

On 11/2/2013 at 4:44 PM, Marvelfangirl said:

Agreed.

Hello my name is alan

i have been a huge Spidey fan for many years. This past August I went to Terrfic con in Ct. great show I wish I could have spent more time. Anyway I had some books turned in and unfortunately one of the books I had graded came back cracked. I returned it in order to replace the case,  about a week later I come home to find my cat had knocked one of my other books down. it basicly cracked the entire back of the case. Now I have to return that one and pay another 15.oo dollars to get that one fixed what drag starting out with grading. Almost forgot the wait time for one book turned in August I will not see it until mid Nov. I MISS. My book! Lol otherwise they look great. Thank you. Just wish the cases were a bit stronger.

Edited by Alan G
Words left out of context.

9 hours ago, Alan G said:

Hello my name is alan

i have been a huge Spidey fan for many years. This past August I went to Terrfic con in Ct. great show I wish I could have spent more time. Anyway I had some books turned in and unfortunately one of the books I had graded came back cracked. I returned it in order to replace the case,  about a week later I come home to find my cat had knocked one of my other books down. it basicly cracked the entire back of the case. Now I have to return that one and pay another 15.oo dollars to get that one fixed what drag starting out with grading. Almost forgot the wait time for one book turned in August I will not see it until mid Nov. I MISS. My book! Lol otherwise they look great. Thank you. Just wish the cases were a bit stronger.

Welcome to the Boards! Alan! It is great to have you here :headbang: 

Edited by ADAMANTIUM
here/ hear ha you know what I mean

Total CGC noob here (just paid for a membership earlier this month) and have already submitted two comics for grading!  Super excited to officially join CGC and become a CGC collector without using eBay!  FYI - my first two submissions are Nightwatch #1 Holofoil Edition and All Star Batman & Robin, the Boy Wonder #10 Recalled Edition.  While these aren't top tier comics, I figured I'd start out by dipping my toe in the shallow end of the pool before going bonkers with submissions right off the bat. 

Looking forward to getting a ton of annoying questions answered here and hopefully meeting some new people in the process!

Edited by sagekilz
spelling!

1 minute ago, GIJane88 said:

Hi! My name is Becca- I have been a collector for 15 years or so. Started in high school with an Aquaman 9! I primarily post all my books on IG but I wanted to join to the boards as this seems like a great resource ! 

Welcome to the boards!! :headbang:

Good morning all.  I've been a longtime lurker and just recently started to post.  Thanks to everyone for all the informational threads.  I've been collecting since I was 8 so about 27 years.  My uncle was also an avid collector and taught me about bags/boards/and storage.  My main interest is Spider-man and am currently working on my first series ASM run.  I'm in same boat with Becca and typically post my books on IG.  My handle there is fromfrontier2xterra if anyone is interested.  Thanks for having me!

Edited by dsmboy1991

8 hours ago, BanjerD said:

Hello, I'm just starting to get interested in collecting comics again after many years away.  I currently live in Japan, but starting to gather books stateside. Cheers.

Welcome to the Boards :tink:

Hello all!

Joined up with CGC about...five minutes ago. Happy to be here. Even happier to hear that the TAT's are under control 'round these parts.

Just recalled an order with "the other guys" that they have been sitting on for 22 weeks +1 day. Tired of the litany of excuses, from "Hurricane Harvey..." was over a year ago boys; time to quit leaning quite so hard into that excuse. "Well, we just moved to Dallas..." failure to adequately prepare, execute, or recover from a relocation is hardly the consumer's fault. Got a lovely e-mail from the VP over there today that politely told me "if you don't like waiting 5+ months, sue us; otherwise STFU, we'll send your books back when we feel like it."

Seriously. If I'm allowed to do so, I'll post the entire e-mail in a post in one of these threads. Grossly unprofessional is the most polite thing I can say.

So I'm here now. Looking forward to seeing how things work out on this side of the fence!

I'm mostly a Marvel guy, with some exceptions of the Dark Horse variety. Spider-Man & various spin-off titles, Aliens, V for Vendetta, From Hell, Guncats, Babyteeth, Nightmare on Elm Street; a little bit of everything here & there.

Edited by BabaLament
Additional Content.

@BabaLament Welcome :) stick around!

18 hours ago, BabaLament said:

Hello all!

Joined up with CGC about...five minutes ago. Happy to be here. Even happier to hear that the TAT's are under control 'round these parts.

Just recalled an order with "the other guys" that they have been sitting on for 22 weeks +1 day. Tired of the litany of excuses, from "Hurricane Harvey..." was over a year ago boys; time to quit leaning quite so hard into that excuse. "Well, we just moved to Dallas..." failure to adequately prepare, execute, or recover from a relocation is hardly the consumer's fault. Got a lovely e-mail from the VP over there today that politely told me "if you don't like waiting 5+ months, sue us; otherwise STFU, we'll send your books back when we feel like it."

Seriously. If I'm allowed to do so, I'll post the entire e-mail in a post in one of these threads. Grossly unprofessional is the most polite thing I can say.

So I'm here now. Looking forward to seeing how things work out on this side of the fence!

I'm mostly a Marvel guy, with some exceptions of the Dark Horse variety. Spider-Man & various spin-off titles, Aliens, V for Vendetta, From Hell, Guncats, Babyteeth, Nightmare on Elm Street; a little bit of everything here & there.

18 hours ago, BabaLament said:

Hello all!

Welcome. As I've said around here in various threads; I can't take a company seriously that will label a book as "signed" without themselves witnessing signatures. Sorry to hear about your poor relationship with one of those companies.

@ADAMANTIUM @TwoPiece Thanks! Just loaded in the first submission. I've been sitting on some of these books for a long time; figured it was finally time to move them into nice plastic homes.

Honestly, I'm a little bummed out because a lot of them are signed; Dynamic Forces, KRS Tyler Kirkham stuff, Clayton Crain direct purchases, etc. I also had "the other guys" witness all my Skottie Young signatures at Comicpalooza in 2018. However, after the way I was treated over there...yeah, they won't be seeing a dime out of me any time soon. So, their loss is CGC's gain. All I can hope for is a signature verification program someday; at which point in the future I'll resubmit the lot to get whatever color of the rainbow that label ends up being. :D

...I apologize to anyone who is annoyed by what will likely be a period of near-constant jabs at the competition. The production level staff are good people; but the executive management over there is "special." I'm still heated, so please bear with me. I'm sure I'll get back to my normal, cherub-like demeanor when my order comes back from CGC. :D

So, without further ado; my initial submission is as follows. Please let me know what you think!

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

8.JPG

9.JPG

Edited by BabaLament
Additional content.

@BabaLament that's quite the submission!!! You really went all in ;)

But then there are a lot of people who sub a lot at a time to probably beat the shipping cost game  :foryou:

The most I've subbed at a time is 15. I too wish CGC would do signature verification, but until that science improves, it's in cgc's best interest not to  :(

I too am sorry about your experience with other companies, but hopefully you can move past it to start enjoying the Boards. 

@BabaLament, as @ADAMANTIUMsaid above, quite the submission!

I haven't made any submissions myself (yet). I don't have any raw books that are rare or in good enough condition. Also, as I said, I'm into mostly signed books. It makes them more unique pieces of art... Signed by the artists!

I'm big on Batman, so those Detective Comics and Batman issues make me a little jealous.

I think there's a lot of sentiment around here, negatively, about the competitors (mainly the one that starts with a 'P'). It's been discussed ad nauseam, but it's a good place to vent and share information sparingly, such as your poor experience. This place is better for everything else, though. I couldn't even find an active CBCS or PGX forum when I Google searched for them... Not sure what kind of customer/fan base they even have.