• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
25 25

2,899 posts in this topic

Hi. I'm new around here, but I learned to read from Alex Toth's ZORRO run in 1957. I went on to become a New Wave comics artist/writer, and even got a mention in The Comics Journal once. In retirement, I'm doing comics again. Great time to return. No need to approach publishers. Publish it yourself.  My passion is Alex Toth and Alex Raymond. I'm an Alex guy, I guess. - David Greg Taylor

55 minutes ago, David Greg Taylor said:

Hi. I'm new around here, but I learned to read from Alex Toth's ZORRO run in 1957. I went on to become a New Wave comics artist/writer, and even got a mention in The Comics Journal once. In retirement, I'm doing comics again. Great time to return. No need to approach publishers. Publish it yourself.  My passion is Alex Toth and Alex Raymond. I'm an Alex guy, I guess. - David Greg Taylor

Sweet, David! Glad you have some passion :) Happy Retirement, Welcome to the Boards, and Good Luck with Endeavors!

Hello all,

I have been a fan of Marvel for as long as I can remember, but more specifically the X-Men family of books.

For a long time, my brother and I could occasionally convince our dad to let us buy a comic book from the spinner rack, at one of the local drug stores; the bad part of this being that there was never a time when we managed to get 2 issues (of any book) in a row.

When we finally found a local comic shop, the very first book I bought was Uncanny X-Men #181, Young Dragons In Love!

Since then, while I always buy new X-Men books, I also bought some of this, and that.

I've gotten to the point (at 48) that I am focusing on eventually getting the entire Uncanny X-Men (volume 1) run. I have (give or take) half of the books that will make me feel like I've accomplished my goal, including the GEM of my collection (currently being slabbed) Giant Size X-Men #1!!

31 minutes ago, smodcastfan said:

Hello all,

I have been a fan of Marvel for as long as I can remember, but more specifically the X-Men family of books.

For a long time, my brother and I could occasionally convince our dad to let us buy a comic book from the spinner rack, at one of the local drug stores; the bad part of this being that there was never a time when we managed to get 2 issues (of any book) in a row.

When we finally found a local comic shop, the very first book I bought was Uncanny X-Men #181, Young Dragons In Love!

Since then, while I always buy new X-Men books, I also bought some of this, and that.

I've gotten to the point (at 48) that I am focusing on eventually getting the entire Uncanny X-Men (volume 1) run. I have (give or take) half of the books that will make me feel like I've accomplished my goal, including the GEM of my collection (currently being slabbed) Giant Size X-Men #1!!

Welcome Run-Collector to the Boards! I'm glad you're half way there!

Good evening everyone. My name is Pete and I’m just letting back into books after a 20+year break. AMS books are my current obsession along with my marvel 94 flair set🤩  hard to break old habits. Anyways another member from eBay referred me here with highest regards so here I am. Thanks for having me. 

On 3/6/2020 at 8:28 PM, Thejeweler said:

Good evening everyone. My name is Pete and I’m just letting back into books after a 20+year break. AMS books are my current obsession along with my marvel 94 flair set🤩  hard to break old habits. Anyways another member from eBay referred me here with highest regards so here I am. Thanks for having me. 

Welcome Pete! :headbang: 

On 3/6/2020 at 9:28 PM, Thejeweler said:

On 3/6/2020 at 4:32 PM, smodcastfan said:

..I’ve gotten to the point (at 48) that I am focusing on eventually getting the entire Uncanny X-Men (volume 1) run. I have (give or take) half of the books that will make me feel like I've accomplished my goal, including the GEM of my collection (currently being slabbed) Giant Size X-Men #1!!

Welcome @Thejeweler & @smodcastfan to the best place for the “unvarnished” truth about all things related to comics. :angel::devil:

To quote the man...’Nuff Said!

Greetings to all on the boards. My name it Matt and I have been lurking here for a little bit getting a gauge on the place and finally decided it was time to say hello. I'm a big fan of 90's VALIANT as they were on the rise when I first found comics at that time and also the Image creators.  I love the wealth of knowledge this place has. Thank you for having me.

18 hours ago, Galan of Taa said:

Greetings to all on the boards. My name it Matt and I have been lurking here for a little bit getting a gauge on the place and finally decided it was time to say hello. I'm a big fan of 90's VALIANT as they were on the rise when I first found comics at that time and also the Image creators.  I love the wealth of knowledge this place has. Thank you for having me.

Welcome Matt! Lurk no more! I have a few nice Valiant books, mostly early Magnus, Solar and Rai. I just got back Solar #10 in 9.8 from CGC!

Love the avatar!

20 hours ago, Galan of Taa said:

Awesome and Welcome! Some Bloodshot news today, I might make it in to a pre-screen to see the movie today! :banana: Should be good, and hoping for a good turn out, despite the world's fears over the coronavirus. Should be an exciting day, welcome to the boards, many a Valiant fan here.

Hi everyone!

I'm Tyler, and I'm addicted to collecting Marvel things. I have a relatively small collection right now, roughly 300 comics, but just purchased my first 2 slabs today. Made the decision a few months ago to start really getting into collecting and getting more involved with the community. My main characters are Deadpool and Thanos, but every now and then like buying random stuff to see what I like. I'm definitely one of those collect what I love rather than looking only for grail books, it's more fun for me that way.

Anyway, nice to meet you all! 

10 hours ago, Bearmetal said:

Hi everyone!

I'm Tyler, and I'm addicted to collecting Marvel things. I have a relatively small collection right now, roughly 300 comics, but just purchased my first 2 slabs today. Made the decision a few months ago to start really getting into collecting and getting more involved with the community. My main characters are Deadpool and Thanos, but every now and then like buying random stuff to see what I like. I'm definitely one of those collect what I love rather than looking only for grail books, it's more fun for me that way.

Anyway, nice to meet you all! 

Howdy Tyler :) 

Post some pics of your slabs when in hand here

Glad you're getting things you like, every interest is different, every collection unique! :headbang:

Welcome to the Boards!

On 3/13/2020 at 5:31 PM, Knight said:

Hello every one I signed up as member could have swore I post few comments here I suppose I have not this is my first post

Hello @Knight welcome! First post accomplished!

Welcome to the Boards :tink:

Randilee Samartino here  have many like never touched comics   big names  but my fav and loved is venom... and batman ... i hve a 10mint  venom the enemy within and the lethal protector red foil cover ... not opened or spine even creased... flat and beautiful . both first copies and my lethal red is from 1992  not 93 like most have pages white even news paper like print is amazing .. have post cards still in my batman 500  knightfall  with cut away reveal cover.      but i have aweird one... the superman gallery... never opened... it looks to have 4 comics in it and one book    should  i open it...  post card right in front of the gallery book