• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
24 24

2,912 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lap1968 said:

Hello

I'm Ziggy. I'm not really a comic collector but I recently inherited a large collection from my brother-in-law so, I guess I am now!! ha ha

I've been going through my new collection, making an inventory list (just passed 9,000 books!), looking for keys (getting the know the lingo). It's been really fun, I have to admit. I want to read all of them, but I'm afraid I might damage the quality. I do peek at some, tho. The collection seems to be spread across Bronze/Copper/Modern, with some silver and golden age (although these are in pretty poor condition). I pulled all the Watchmen/Before Watchmen...and I feel sorry for Concrete, so I pulled all of those too. Does anyone follow Red Wolf...that story seems interesting. Maybe I'll be able to read some of them (carefully with gloves on). I've been getting a ton of valuable information from all of you so thank you, hello, and see you around.

ziggy

intropost.jpg

Welcome :) 

Hey everyone!

I bought my first comics earlier this summer after reading digital comics on and off for about 2 years! In my early 20s and grew up watching the original Teen Titans show, JL, JLU, and more. Was always more of a DC fan than Marvel (Spider-Man was the only Marvel character I really loved growing up) until 2008 when Iron Man hit theaters, then everything changed and I became avid fan. 

Happy to be here!

Edited by Kyle Loe$$

15 hours ago, Nightwingsbutler said:

Hey everyone!

I bought my first comics earlier this summer after reading digital comics on and off for about 2 years! In my early 20s and grew up watching the original Teen Titans show, JL, JLU, and more. Was always more of a DC fan than Marvel (Spider-Man was the only Marvel character I really loved growing up) until 2008 when Iron Man hit theaters, then everything changed and I became avid fan. 

Happy to be here!

Glad to hear someone switch to or will still collect hard copies, even after enjoying only digital :) :whatthe: 

Happy you're here! :headbang: 

Hi,

Buying comics on and off since the early 80's, and a year ago l decided to start collecting them. My goal is to complete certain runs from the silver and bronze age, like Silver Surfer, Fantastic Four, Daredevil and Sub Mariner to name a few.

I'm here to chat with fellow collectors, and share this great hobby with you!

Cheers!

On 9/7/2020 at 8:50 AM, Juventus FC said:

Hi,

Buying comics on and off since the early 80's, and a year ago l decided to start collecting them. My goal is to complete certain runs from the silver and bronze age, like Silver Surfer, Fantastic Four, Daredevil and Sub Mariner to name a few.

I'm here to chat with fellow collectors, and share this great hobby with you!

Cheers!

:tink:

On 11/2/2013 at 2:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Thanks I’m Niel 

good to be part of the community I hope there lots of positive vibes for me and the kids to enjoy reading and getting information comic related!!!

9 hours ago, HitmanReborn said:

Thanks I’m Niel 

good to be part of the community I hope there lots of positive vibes for me and the kids to enjoy reading and getting information comic related!!!

Welcome Niel!  It's always nice to hear of parents getting their children interested in the hobby.  

After 30 years just reading comics for fun and now looking to get into the buying and selling part of it. I know I have a lot to learn before really investing into it. Proud to say I finally know what CGC actually stands for (always thought it was comicbook grading company or something like that :facepalm:). Happy to be here if you'll have me.

9 hours ago, Blockista said:

After 30 years just reading comics for fun and now looking to get into the buying and selling part of it. I know I have a lot to learn before really investing into it. Proud to say I finally know what CGC actually stands for (always thought it was comicbook grading company or something like that :facepalm:). Happy to be here if you'll have me.

Welcome Blockista.  Most people don't really know what CGC stands for much less what their guaranty actually covers, so don't be embarrassed.  And it's good that you are getting into collecting comics from reading comics.

On 11/2/2013 at 3:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Thank you for the welcome. Is CGC taking books at the moment ? When I press online submission it takes me to the next page, i choose what I want but then nothing happens, looking for help, thanks 

Hello everyone,

New to this website's board.  I took about an 8 year hiatus from the hobby and am now slowly getting back into it.  During the Covid shutdowns I started up again with a long desired purchase, X-Men 94.  I have not gotten into any new books (as of yet), but am slowly working on the Cockrum run and trying to finish that and the Byrne run, all slabbed as well.  Heck of a way to get back into the hobby!  Look forward to talking about bronze/copper X-Men, Spideys, Hulks and Thors!

20200911_174742.jpg

On 9/11/2020 at 4:37 PM, Agustin0231 said:

Thank you for the welcome. Is CGC taking books at the moment ? When I press online submission it takes me to the next page, i choose what I want but then nothing happens, looking for help, thanks 

I assume you mean you are selecting the services but can't get to the next page?  You'll note the Upgrade link in the "mail in to headquarters" which is grayed out.  You need to have a membership to submit directly.  Otherwise you can go through a store that has a membership.  If this isn't what you mean please clarify.

On 9/11/2020 at 5:05 PM, d_russ84 said:

Hello everyone,

New to this website's board.  I took about an 8 year hiatus from the hobby and am now slowly getting back into it.  During the Covid shutdowns I started up again with a long desired purchase, X-Men 94.  I have not gotten into any new books (as of yet), but am slowly working on the Cockrum run and trying to finish that and the Byrne run, all slabbed as well.  Heck of a way to get back into the hobby!  Look forward to talking about bronze/copper X-Men, Spideys, Hulks and Thors!

20200911_174742.jpg

Nice comic.  Those bronze X-Men speak to many of us here.  Welcome to the community.

5 hours ago, thunsicker said:

Nice comic.  Those bronze X-Men speak to many of us here.  Welcome to the community.

Thank you thunsicker!  I truly think the 70's-early 90's was just an amazing time all around for Marvel, but especially X-Men. Claremont is legendary.

Hi, everyone - I'm Mike. Been collecting since I was 6 years old (1974), went to my first convention as a 9-year-old with Overstreet #8 in hand.

I focus on Superheroes, gold and silver, some Bronze and up to the present (but not much). Really love Timely now, specifically Schomburg anti-Nazi covers, but I dabble, and I'm pretty fickle – Like I got all 33 issues of Cat-Man, then turned around and sold 20 of them. I got all 7 Harlequin GA cover appearances, but now I'm selling them off. Had lots of Batman villain covers...but been selling them. I'm always culling through my collection. Have some stuff for sale now, including Marvel Mystery #35.

Sold at shows occasionally over the years (maybe once a year now), been on eBay since 1998, over 5,000 packages shipped (comicsbymike). I love Low Grade Comic Collectors on FB.

Top needs now are: Captain America #27 and 28, Green Lantern #30, Namora #3, Adventure #72, All Star #13, Marvel Mystery #45 and 63, Detective #67.

And I need Saga to start publishing again, dammit!!!!

Edited by Mike Bromberg

Hi Mike!! WTTB!

I should also re-introduce myself!  I'm in my forties, based in Australia, biiiig batfan (well, Joker really). I joined the boards awhile ago, but have just taken a three year hiatus after becoming a dad for the first time. I'm back in the hobby with a passion now and look forward to getting a little more active on the boards too. 

8 hours ago, Mike Bromberg said:

Hi, everyone - I'm Mike. Been collecting since I was 6 years old (1974), went to my first convention as a 9-year-old with Overstreet #8 in hand.

I focus on Superheroes, gold and silver, some Bronze and up to the present (but not much). Really love Timely now, specifically Schomburg anti-Nazi covers, but I dabble, and I'm pretty fickle – Like I got all 33 issues of Cat-Man, then turned around and sold 20 of them. I got all 7 Harlequin GA cover appearances, but now I'm selling them off. Had lots of Batman villain covers...but been selling them. I'm always culling through my collection. Have some stuff for sale now, including Marvel Mystery #35.

Sold at shows occasionally over the years (maybe once a year now), been on eBay since 1998, over 5,000 packages shipped (comicsbymike). I love Low Grade Comic Collectors on FB.

Top needs now are: Captain America #27 and 28, Green Lantern #30, Namora #3, Adventure #72, All Star #13, Marvel Mystery #45 and 63, Detective #67.

And I need Saga to start publishing again, dammit!!!!

Welcome Mike! :headbang:

11 minutes ago, Arkham said:

Hi Mike!! WTTB!

I should also re-introduce myself!  I'm in my forties, based in Australia, biiiig batfan (well, Joker really). I joined the boards awhile ago, but have just taken a three year hiatus after becoming a dad for the first time. I'm back in the hobby with a passion now and look forward to getting a little more active on the boards too. 

Welcome Arkham!:tink:

Hi everyone, my name’s Andy. Long time lurker looking to get more active on the boards. 

I’ve been a comic reader and collector since the mid-nineties. Took a few years out during the 2000’s just reading digital and trades but really started to pick up buying books again around 2014. 

Currently selling the vast majority of the volume I’ve accumulated over the years to focus on copper/modern keys to refine my collection and save on space! Making very gentle steps into speculating too and really enjoy the process of buying and selling. 

Working on a stack of books to submit for grading in the coming weeks and months so excited to speak with you all, learn more and share my successes and failures! 

Thanks for having me. 
Andy