WELCOME TO THE BOARDS! New members, please introduce yourselves here!
47 47

2,026 posts in this topic

12,285 posts
18 hours ago, Miket123 said:

Hello. Long time comic book fan. 43 now. Started when I was around 6 or 7 and with the exception of 2 or 3 years I've been a comics fan ever since. Joined because I'm tired of the FB and Reddit community comic book marketplace."Rai 0!!! Eternal Warrior #4!!! First Bloodshot!!!"Looking to level up my collection with some classic keys and personal Grails and talk about comics as well. Bear with me as I learn the ropes of the boards.  Thank you! 

Welcome to the boards.

What are some of your "personal grail" comics?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
250 posts
2 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Welcome to the boards.

What are some of your "personal grail" comics?

Looking to pick up a Giant size xmen #1for a xmas gift to myself lol and ASM #1 during con season next year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
250 posts
2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Welcome :) Hope you enjoy it here! ^^ 

It's a lot to learn but I'm sure I will !!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,690 posts
24 minutes ago, Miket123 said:

It's a lot to learn but I'm sure I will !!!

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 posts

Hello everyone,

Long time collector of over 35 years and new to the CGC boards. I don't even remember signing up but apparently I did last January..lol. I collect comics, cards, Hot Wheels, and almost anything comic related. 

Randy 😀😀

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,444 posts
7 hours ago, randostoyz said:

Hello everyone,

Long time collector of over 35 years and new to the CGC boards. I don't even remember signing up but apparently I did last January..lol. I collect comics, cards, Hot Wheels, and almost anything comic related. 

Randy 😀😀

Welcome Randy! :headbang:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,690 posts
3 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Welcome Randy! :headbang:

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 posts

Hello, Everyone.

I, uh, actually worked with CGC in Sarasota for almost five years and never really once used the forum.

But now i am. Some of you might know me. Some of you might not. That's okay either way.

But i thought i'd say hello and meet other people since i'm looking to actually get back into the hobby again.

So hello.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,444 posts
3 hours ago, joerocks1981 said:

Hello, Everyone.

I, uh, actually worked with CGC in Sarasota for almost five years and never really once used the forum.

But now i am. Some of you might know me. Some of you might not. That's okay either way.

But i thought i'd say hello and meet other people since i'm looking to actually get back into the hobby again.

So hello.

Howdy :)

WELCOME BACK! Hope you have a pleasant time ^^

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12,285 posts
3 hours ago, joerocks1981 said:

Hello, Everyone.

I, uh, actually worked with CGC in Sarasota for almost five years and never really once used the forum.

But now i am. Some of you might know me. Some of you might not. That's okay either way.

But i thought i'd say hello and meet other people since i'm looking to actually get back into the hobby again.

So hello.

WTTB. What did you do there?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 posts
On 11/2/2013 at 2:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

 

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

 

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

 

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

 

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

 

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Excited to join the community! My name is Jordan and I began many years ago and just recently started back!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 posts
On 11/2/2013 at 2:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

New members join the CGC boards everyday, but some just lurk around without saying too much. The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming, and encourage our new boardies to introduce themselves and say hi.

 

Hopefully, with your time spent here, you will learn some things, make some friends, and ultimately, enjoy yourselves. (thumbs u

 

I'll start. I'm Andy. I love DC war comics, but have branched out into every which direction you can think of. Right now, I'm right into Golden Age books and classic covers. :luhv:

 

Don't be afraid to ask any questions. That's how you're going to learn. :) We do, however, have a search engine, and some people may end up asking you to use it. To save yourself a potential smidgen of ridicule, you could consider trying that first. :foryou:

 

So, without taking up any more of your valuable time, I'll step back from the podium and pass the microphone to you.

 

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:Welcome to the boards, my friends! :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Excited to join the community! My name is Jordan and I began many years ago and just recently started back!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,444 posts
12 hours ago, JoComics said:

Excited to join the community! My name is Jordan and I began many years ago and just recently started back!

 

Welcome back :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27,690 posts
On 11/2/2013 at 2:14 PM, thirdgreenham said:

The point of this thread is to give a heartfelt welcoming,

Thank you so much. :banana:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30,127 posts
On 9/26/2018 at 4:14 AM, Mikester71 said:

Hey everyone! Mike here from up in Canada. Been collecting seriously for 5 or more years now and finally dipped my toes in the graded comic market this past weekend. Love me some Artgerm, Middleton, Mendoza, Frisson, Hughes, Mattina covet artwork. Look forward to interacting with you all in here and sharing and learning along the way. ?????

I still have my copy of Ghost #1 …. back then I thought no way he could keep up the quality.... but he just kept getting better. Anyone who doesn't believe in the concept of "talent" is not a comic book fan.

WTTB

GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 posts

Hi everyone. My name is Evan and I currently reside in DC (I move around a lot). I have been a comic fan since middle school. My first comic was Silver Surfer 50 and since then I’ve been a huge fan of Marvel Cosmic. Also a huge collector of Vertigo and proto-Vertigo and loving what Image has been doing lately. I pretty much only collect runs (specific creative teams on specific titles). Have some great ones including all of Claremont’s X-Men, Miller’s Daredevil, Kirby’s Fourth World, and many more. My grail-so to speak-is to put together a complete Kirby/Lee FF run. About a quarter of the way there. If I finish that will go after EC books. I also sell a lot of books on eBay. Really happy to join the community and thanks again to everyone who already helped me out with a question on comic stains and grading.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,444 posts
3 minutes ago, ConcreteMob181 said:

Hi everyone. My name is Evan and I currently reside in DC (I move around a lot). I have been a comic fan since middle school. My first comic was Silver Surfer 50 and since then I’ve been a huge fan of Marvel Cosmic. Also a huge collector of Vertigo and proto-Vertigo and loving what Image has been doing lately. I pretty much only collect runs (specific creative teams on specific titles). Have some great ones including all of Claremont’s X-Men, Miller’s Daredevil, Kirby’s Fourth World, and many more. My grail-so to speak-is to put together a complete Kirby/Lee FF run. About a quarter of the way there. If I finish that will go after EC books. I also sell a lot of books on eBay. Really happy to join the community and thanks again to everyone who already helped me out with a question on comic stains and grading.

Welcome! :takeit: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 posts

Hi,

I read comics as a kid but never collected too many. 

inherited several boxes of comics that I never really paid attention to. Didn’t think they would be worth much. Mostly from the 80s and 90s. Spent last two days going thru them....been a lot of fun...but also realizing that some might be worth a lot more than I thought. Found several tmnt books and watchmen set and several key comics from different series. A lot don’t have bags and backs so going to bag them all and get them in better boxes and put them in order to try to get some sense of what’s here. 

been trying to educate myself on rating them but still not sure if things I have are in the 9 category or 8 etc. 

So funny because I always tried to ask friends if they wanted them but no one ever took an interest...I think I’m glad they didn’t. Definitely got my childhood comic juices going now.

8003BB08-1F56-4DFD-89AF-891B6A4DA19E.jpeg

D608B486-0E6B-4186-8380-1F35F520FF5A.jpeg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 posts
13 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

At least your doing your homework @ZombieBranz :) 

And Welcome to the Boards! :shy: 

Thanks @ADAMANTIUM.......I needed a new hobby and I think this will be it now. I’ll get everything stored and safe then catalog them. I plan to get some of the good ones graded, and then keep what I like and start also buying stuff I like as I go. I’m sure at some point I’ll sell some things to build a collection I like. I was always a fan of Daredevil as a kid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
47 47