• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Just a quick question

2 posts in this topic

I haven't submitted any books since before the price / submission form changes and was wondering about something. Is the only option for submitting books worth over $3000 the walkthru option? Does this mean that I can not ship any books to cgc that are worth more than $3000 ?

I am under the impression that walkthru submissions can only be made in person at conventions. I was also wondering if the current grading tiers and prices listed on the website are accurate. I say this because I was thinking of grading a book with the fair market value of about $4000.00 so was wondering what my options would be and what steps I should take to submit it.

Thank you!

• Administrator

Any book valued over $3000 must be submitted using our WalkThru service.

The term "Walk-thru" is used to describe the speed of the service; since the books are completed in one day, it is as if they were "walked through" our facility. You can mail us a walk-thru as well as bring it to us. The minimum charge per book for a walk-thru is $150 and the maximum is $3000, but it is otherwise calculated at 3% of the Fair Market value of the book (whichever is greater but does not exceed the maximum). What this means is if you send us a book valued at $10, you will still get charged the minimum price of $150.