• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brubaker's Best Work?

76 posts in this topic

I recently read the Cap run from return of Bucky, death of Cap to Reborn - I was able to grab three cheap omnis at a garage sale & ripped through them pretty quickly.  Liked them enough to continue with the Secret Avengers run from a few years ago that I never bothered to read when buying them. :shy:

11 hours ago, bababooey said:

I recently read the Cap run from return of Bucky, death of Cap to Reborn - I was able to grab three cheap omnis at a garage sale & ripped through them pretty quickly.  Liked them enough to continue with the Secret Avengers run from a few years ago that I never bothered to read when buying them. :shy:

Wow, lucky. The omnibus hardcovers are out of print and fetch a pretty penny off ebay ($150-250 each for first three). Been looking for more affordable prices on those.

Started reading his Daredevil run last night and so far it is amazing! As I have been on a Brubaker kick, I had to add some original artwork to my collection from my favorite book of his Sleeper. Have a look and enjoy!

This is an amazing half splash page featuring Carver, Genocide and Miss Misery in a gun fight. It is a silent page in the book but Sean's art speaks volumes. One of my favorites from the series.

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryPiece.asp?Piece=1418077

Thanks for looking and comments are always welcome!

mathew

Edited by artistlost

Ok...so this thread not only got me on a Brubaker reading kick but also a Brubaker original art buying kick... I just added a nice cover from Brubaker and Lark's Gotham Central. Batman vs Mr Freeze!

http://www.comicartfans.com/gallerypiece.asp?piece=1435604

Edited by artistlost

6 hours ago, artistlost said:

If done right, that would be amazing.  Such a great book month-in and month-out. 

Patrick

On 20/12/2017 at 1:34 AM, kidcolt said:

Only read his run on DD and Captain America. I have read both at least five times, I loved them both. I may try some of the books recommended in this thread.

Did the cap run loose steam towards the end?

So has any one heard that Brubaker and Phillips are continuing the Zack Overkill Incognito storyline? I just re-read Bad Influence, and it's my favorite stuff they've ever done. Why no sequel?

I'm indifferent towards crime stories, so I haven't read any of his crime-related titles, which are most likely his bread and butter. The only work of his I've read is Captain America (not the full run yet) and his Shi'ar/lost Summer brother X-Men arc. Both of which I really enjoyed.

Edited by KEY ISSUES Comics