• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brubaker's Best Work?

76 posts in this topic

So I've had a Brubaker filled weekend. Yesterday I re-read Sleeper Season one, and today I re-read all of Incognito. It got me thinking...

What is Brubaker's best work?

I'm hoping someone throws out something I've never read. I loved the first volume of Incognito but I feel the book wasn't as good in the second volume. I'm about to go find Sleeper Season 2, but I have it in issues so it might be difficult to find.

Thoughts? I'm sure Cap is going to get mentioned in here...

I've been looking for a complete run of Gotham Central for a long time. I love both Brubaker and Rucka and have to imagine it is a great book.

Daredevil run was pretty impressive. I've only read a portion of his Cap run and feel I should go back and read all of it.

I'm not a huge fan of Fatale. It started really well, but then just started to feel directionless. I dropped it a few months ago. I'm curious if I should re-read it to see if I was missing something.

Brubaker's good! Very solid and consistent. Haven't read everything he's done, but have read a good bit. My ranking:

1. FATALE

2. CRIMINAL

3. DD

4. GOTHAM CENTRAL

5. CAPTAIN AMERICA

6. SLEEPER

I like his collaborations with Sean Phillips the best (aside from SLEEPER). Still need to check out INCOGNITO.

Brubaker's good! Very solid and consistent. Haven't read everything he's done, but have read a good bit. My ranking:

1. FATALE

2. CRIMINAL

3. DD

4. GOTHAM CENTRAL

5. CAPTAIN AMERICA

6. SLEEPER

I like his collaborations with Sean Phillips the best (aside from SLEEPER). Still need to check out INCOGNITO.

The first 6 issues of Incognito are great, but if you don't like Sleeper I'm not sure... What don't you like about Sleeper?