• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2013 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up!

950 posts in this topic

Ho Ho Ho!

Hello fellow members!!

It is my great pleasure to bring you the Official 2013 CGC Forums Holiday Gift Exchange Sign-up!

Holiday-2013-animation2_zps91c884d7.gif

Now for those who are unaware, after an unfortunate eggnog and sleighing accident, HolidayHam will be relaxing this Holiday season and has asked that I take over his duties. I will make it my sole mission to assure everyone that this year an awesome package will be nestled snugly under your tree/menorah/kinara/festivus pole.

The annual CGC Forum Gift Exchange Program is now underway.

For those who are new to the Program or otherwise have very bad memories, the idea is simple. Basically you will give a gift to a fellow board member, and also receive a gift yourself from a different boardie. This way, each person will get to interact with two fellow boardies in the Gift Exchange Program. It does not matter what seasonal Holiday you celebrate, what creed or religion you claim, this Gift Exchange is more about giving and getting a gift than celebrating a specific holiday. We are celebrating comics and our community. Times may currently be tough for some, but it is worth pausing to recognize the importance the CGC community brings to each of you.

Some Details on the Exchange Program

How much should my gift be for? $15 to $40. You are certainly welcome to send more expensive gifts, but the gift should be worth at least $15.

Does my gift have to be new? No

Does it have to be comic related? Yes

Am I supposed to sign who my gift was from? Yes, you should - your identity is only secret till they open their gift

Do I have to wrap my gift in a Holiday fashion?. Yes. Extra points for wrapping it in the Sunday Comics

Am I supposed to wait until Christmas to open my gift? Yes, unless you celebrate another holiday in which case, follow your traditional holiday gift opening program

How will I know who I am Santa for? I will PM you with the details once sign up is over.

When is sign up over? November 15th. PMs to be sent out Sunday night.

What if I miss sign up but want to participate? PM me, we will try to work something out.

What and when is the Holiday raffle? People will be donating comic related prizes that will be given away after the Holiday is over in a blind drawing.(more details about that will be in another thread.) Everyone who participates in the Gift Exchange is automatically entered, regardless if they donate an item for the raffle. If you don't join in with the gift exchange, but would still like to join in with the raffle, just donate a prize to the raffle and you'll be entered. Not participating in the gift exchange? Not donating a prize for the raffle? That's fine, just understand that you won't be entered in the raffle. Last point in regards to the raffle, and I want everyone to be clear with this: not everyone entered in the raffle is going to win a prize. It is a raffle, for Pete's sake.

What if I never receive my gift? There will be people who will be assigned as a back up Santa.. everyone who signs up will get a gift..sooner or later.

Who is eligible to participate? You are eligible if you registered for the CGC boards before November 1st, 2012, provided that you are a member in good standing with the community, i.e., not on the CGC Board Marketplace Probation List.

The rules are simple, but need to be followed to make sure everyone who signs up gets a present by Christmas. If you sign up, please follow through.

gift-exchange-form-2013_zps49208694.jpg

To officially "sign-up" Fill out the questions below then PM this info (cut and paste fashion) to me, Giftguardian-nyc.

Also make sure to include your board name in the PM title.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CGC Board name:

Mailing address:

Collecting preferences(what you might like to receive):

Who were you Santa for last year:

Who was your Santa last year:

Would you be willing to ship to board members outside the United States?

Do you live outside the United States? If yes, what's the fastest way for your Santa to ship to you?:

Would you like to donate a gift for the CGC Holiday Raffle?

(everyone who participates in the Gift Exchange is automatically entered)

What is that Raffle Gift? (description and/or url with a link to the item)

Would you be willing to be a back up Santa in case some cannot follow through?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And that's all there is to it!

A thousand "thank you"s to Flee-Marquette for taking the time to make the new graphics for this year's program!

Happy Holidays everyone!

Gift Guardian

[font:Book Antiqua]

Welcome to the boards,

Great first post.

Now...

Who are you and why we should trust you...?

[/font]

:/

I can vouch for him. (thumbs u

lol

Welcome to the boards,

Great first post.

Now...

Who are you and why we should trust you...?

[/font]

:/

I can vouch for him. (thumbs u

Thanks Ham, I'll be sending a Singapore Sling down to your cabana!!

Since my spider sense IS NOT tingling

I will give GiftGuardian_nyc the benefit of the doubt...

[/font]

:cool: