• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TV Guide Daredevil....

23 posts in this topic

Just got the new TV guide yesterday with Ben Affleck and Jennifer Garner on the cover and some cool reading on the inside. Even has some tidbits about how Joe Quesada, Bill Everett, Stan Lee, Gil Kane, John Romita and Frank Miller have an "On-screen persona".

Does it mention Daredevil's comic origin?

It's time to mass-educate.

Does it mention Daredevil's comic origin?

Yup....but only briefly in the section that compares "Spider-Man" and "Daredevil".

It only mentions how "The senseless murder of father Jack spurs young Matt Murdock to slip on the red leather in the name of justice"

The cover story also mentions how this movie won't be the typical "Family-Friendly Fare" that "Spider-Man" was as it will be somewhat darker and moodier.

Perhaps due to spotty distribution of DD #41 in Western Canada. Vancouver is the 3rd largest city in Canada, so we should be able to get newsstand copies. Think over 1/2 of Marvel's printing is done by Quebecor in Canada then trucked down to USA & across Canada. Does NOT make any sense for cr@ppy dist'n in Western Canada. mad.gif

No. They seem to portray Daredevil as an old comic character that is being brought to the big screen. No mention of his current status.

Why aren't Marvel pushing the comic book at every oportunity? Surely a high profile magazine appearance like this would be a prime chance for an ad for the current comic books.

Why aren't Marvel pushing the comic book at every oportunity

Thats the million dollar question....These movies seem to great for the secondary market for comics but they fail miserably at promoting the retail market. It seems their more intent on promoting other avenues like action figures, movie books and the like.

Seems to me they should market a comic book for givaway at McDonalds or Burger King so that the kids would get more interested in them.

The reason #41 is non existent on newsstands is that all the "savvy" dealers are buying them up to flip out as "rare" price variants. If you want one so bad, they are on Ebay for $10 a pop. I'm assuming if you had found them on newstands you would have bought as many as you could get your greedy little hands on...

The newstand edition looks like this:

daredevil41.jpg

I'm one of the "savvy" gypsy, tramp and thief dealers buying them up to "flip" them at $10 a pop. I'll happily sell them to anybody on the board for $5.

Fair enough. I'll sell them to you at cover price.

Plus the tax

Plus the gas it took driving around Northern Virginia for 2 hours to find them

Plus the value of my time for those 2 hours going to the six book stores I had to look in before I found some.

Give me a break. mad.gif

Do you have any of these? Did you spend the time to go out and find them? Or are you just going to sit there and rip somebody who actually did? I thought we were done with this sort of when CI left.