• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TV Guide Daredevil....

23 posts in this topic

Why did you feel the need to travel the entire state of Virginia to acquire as many of these as you could? What about the potential loss of new readers of this book? Little Johnny wants Daredevil comics after seeing the movie trailer on TV. Mommy goes to the newsstand to find one (because she does not know of the existence of the comic book specialty shop), but Flying D-bag has bought every single copy in sight, so he could make a few measly bucks.

right, and since Mommy can't find DD 41, she would most likely be picking up the Daredevil: Movie Adaptation book, which is PROMINENTLY displayed at the Books-A-Million store where I got these (and was PROMINENTLY displayed at the six OTHER stores I went to that didn't have any DD 41s), featuring Ben Affleck as Daredevil, with the done-in-one story that is familiar from said movie trailer, with art that looks, oh, I don't know, heroic, rather than the beginning of a five (!) part story in which Daredevil is, to put it mildly, an unpleasant person.

If you believe the newstand edition of Daredevil 41 is going to bring in new readers, you're buying Marvel's hype machine. Tell you what. I'll give any kid you can find who will be a "new reader" of Daredevil, and wants to read this book a copy.