• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Strongest Person in the Marvel Universe

Strongest person in Marvel Universe  

2,148 members have voted

1. 1. Strongest person in Marvel Universe

222 posts in this topic

Captain America.

Hulk can't carry Thor's hammer. Cap can. And Thor will follow Cap to the ends of the Universe.

You couldn't make Hulk carry anything he didn't want to. tongue.gif
Hulk tried in Defenders #10 and couldn't do it. I forget what issue Cap picked up Thor's hammer.
I think the Hulk also tried in JiM 112, and could not lift it there either.
It's not a question of where he grips it, it's a question of weight ratio. A 2000 lb. Hulk cannot carry a 100 lb. Mjolnir!

i think perhaps Gladiator - the old version - would make that list up there, too. course, the mohawk will cost him a few votes

that's the ish i'm talking 'bout. the man picks up the Baxter Building.

course, his strength was mostly psionic, but still...the Baxter Building. yeesh

Hulk is still the strongest, 27_laughing.gif. Spidey was for one issue I guess, 27_laughing.gif, but that was it. As for Hulk not being able to lift Thor's hammer, that is nothing to do with strength, but mystical forces. Juggernaught beat Thor up quite badly in the early 400's, can't forget that one. We are forgetting Silver Surfer who is in the same league as these heavy hitters, Thanos, who has the brains with the brawn, Abomination, bit dumb, but very strong. Superman, who is as weak to magics, and mystical things as he is kryptonite. Hulk still wins, and a close runner up Thanos. bumpit.gif

Hulk off course. Because his ability to get stronger.

Thor starts out stronger but is fixed...

Hercules, Thing, Colossus are no contests.

Juggernaut is about Thing, Colossus in strength... But he is the most invulnerable force in the Marvel Universe... So he can take anything thrown at him.

Smiley-Hulk.gif

Lifting Mjolnir isn't a question of strength. Anyone of about Thing level could lift the weight... but its a question of enchantment.

The hammer can only be lifted by someone who's worthy (in Odin's book). So... Thor, Captain America, Wonder Woman, Super-man (brief moment), Beta-Ray Bill, Eric Masterson

But no Hulk, Juggernaut, etc.

Maybe Silver Surfer... strong, pure etc. DrStrange_Levitating.gif

Lifting Mjolnir isn't a question of strength. Anyone of about Thing level could lift the weight... but its a question of enchantment.

The hammer can only be lifted by someone who's worthy (in Odin's book). So... Thor, Captain America, Wonder Woman, Super-man (brief moment), Beta-Ray Bill, Eric Masterson

But no Hulk, Juggernaut, etc.

Maybe Silver Surfer... strong, pure etc. DrStrange_Levitating.gif

I was just skimming through some Thors in the 140s, 150s, and 160s for grading the other day and saw Loki lifting it.

poke2.gif

Juggernaut is about Thing, Colossus in strength

893naughty-thumb.gif Nope, not even close. The closest person in strength to the Juggy would be the Hulk/Thor/Abomination people. According to the OHOTHMU, Juggy has class 100 strength the extent of which had never been fully measured.

Class 100: Hulk, Thor, Abomination, Juggernaut

Class 80: Thing, Colossus, Beast?

Come on. Galactus, of course. He EATS PLANETS, for cri-yi. He's DEATH'S BROTHER!! I can't believe I have to tell you this.

Todd "My mom thinks I'm cosmic" Frye

The Watcher could EAT Galactus and poo him out without the slightest bit of bowel irritation - The Watcher is strongest of all!

Come on. Galactus, of course. He EATS PLANETS, for cri-yi. He's DEATH'S BROTHER!! I can't believe I have to tell you this.

Todd "My mom thinks I'm cosmic" Frye

The Watcher could EAT Galactus and poo him out without the slightest bit of bowel irritation - The Watcher is strongest of all!

Except for irating, little, NON-INTERFERENCE CLAUSE ! makepoint.gif893naughty-thumb.gif27_laughing.gif27_laughing.gif