• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,872 posts in this topic

How often is the census updated? I would have thought each time a book was graded it would be added. I just got back 21 CPVS today and none were added to the census. Is that lar for the course? Do they only update once a month or something?

On 3/31/2018 at 5:09 PM, The Heckler said:

I bid on it but it went for way more than I wanted to spend. Well over 300. I have the 9.0 on census and was looking to upgrade. Guess these are exploding faster than I thought they would 

WTF? I guess I need to consider selling my copy now.

Wow. I really need to pay more attention to the prices on CDN variant keys now. I can't believe that a FN/VF Batman #423 hit $126.50. I have been turning my nose up at low to mid grade copies for years. lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-423-FN-VF-CANADIAN-NEWSSTAND-PRICE-VARIANT-CLASSIC-MCFARLANE-COVER/122951190398?hash=item1ca076477e:g:P~IAAOSwAU5aW9MT

After hunting for these books for about a year, I can definitely say the hardest key to find in high grade, in my experience, other than swampy 37, is bats 423.  I was lucky enough to snag this from an offline sale a few days ago.

EE73FC37-A19A-483A-A18B-E1C07D7B7807.jpeg

Edited by The Heckler

On 4/6/2018 at 6:41 PM, kimik said:

Wow. I really need to pay more attention to the prices on CDN variant keys now. I can't believe that a FN/VF Batman #423 hit $126.50. I have been turning my nose up at low to mid grade copies for years. lol

https://www.ebay.com/itm/BATMAN-423-FN-VF-CANADIAN-NEWSSTAND-PRICE-VARIANT-CLASSIC-MCFARLANE-COVER/122951190398?hash=item1ca076477e:g:P~IAAOSwAU5aW9MT

I am/was the seller. I had it as a regular old auction. Trust me, no one was more surprised than I was!

...And the buyer replied that they were very pleased with their purchase too. I just picked up a 5.0 copy this weekend too.

Is there a list of what people consider "CPV keys" or is the same as regular old keys?

Edited by Wall-Crawler