• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
19 19

2,869 posts in this topic

I think it will add value for those who would want it should you choose to sell, but I think it will decrease the number of people interested in buying it.

1 hour ago, Dave_8 said:

Specifically #72 by Harris and Hargraves, they're at pensacon. Ig-88 and Bossk is on the cover together. Thought it would be neat just not sure if its a good idea with it being a canadian

12 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

Picked this up last week in LCS for $ 175.00 Canadian tattoos and all. I’m very pleased as the condition is beautiful on this one . Prob not 9.8 def 9.0 or higher . Score for me being a Spider fan. 

5A52C4C2-7F55-4407-BA2D-38A28FAA6740.jpeg

Nice.  Top tier book that I never see for sale.  People are holding onto this one I suspect.

4 hours ago, sk.rank said:

Nice.  Top tier book that I never see for sale.  People are holding onto this one I suspect.

It’s a tough book I’m in an area that was a hub in Ontario , Canada for comics . There are lots of 75 cent filler books but the big keys are very htf now . This was a huge one for my Canadian run. I have a felling based on information out there in Type 1A variants that this may be the biggest of the 1980s along with Batman 357 95 cent first Jason Todd

17 hours ago, Subby1938 said:

It’s a tough book I’m in an area that was a hub in Ontario , Canada for comics . There are lots of 75 cent filler books but the big keys are very htf now . This was a huge one for my Canadian run. I have a felling based on information out there in Type 1A variants that this may be the biggest of the 1980s along with Batman 357 95 cent first Jason Todd

Subby1938: Definitely agree that key books are hard to find, particularly in high grades.  

*(Batman 357 is a 75c Price Variant)

so In my attempt to confirm all of the DC CNS issues by getting cover images I am now down to double figures for missing ones - I have found cover pictures for 2021 issues with 99 more to go by my reckoning - but there is still 1 one shot and two series that have proven to be completely elusive - has anyone ever seen a CNS issue out of the following?  - I'd be grateful to know it's not a wild goose chase on these titles.

Heroes Against Hunger

Angel Love 1 to 8  

New Talent Showcase 7 to 13 (I don't think the brief newsstand run extended beyond issue 13 but it might)

Edited by David Buck

17 hours ago, David Buck said:

so In my attempt to confirm all of the DC CNS issues by getting cover images I am now down to double figures for missing ones - I have found cover pictures for 2021 issues with 99 more to go by my reckoning - but there is still 1 one shot and two series that have proven to be completely elusive - has anyone ever seen a CNS issue out of the following?  - I'd be grateful to know it's not a wild goose chase on these titles.

Heroes Against Hunger

Angel Love 1 to 8  

New Talent Showcase 7 to 13 (I don't think the brief newsstand run extended beyond issue 13 but it might)

If they exist it must just take a fluke for someone to have them and bother to scan and post them. Do you have any pics yet for these possibly ghosts?

Blue Beetle 21-24

All-Star Squadron 66-67

Tales of Teen Titans 91

4 hours ago, sk.rank said:

If they exist it must just take a fluke for someone to have them and bother to scan and post them. Do you have any pics yet for these possibly ghosts?

Blue Beetle 21-24

All-Star Squadron 66-67

Tales of Teen Titans 91

The Blue Beetle Issues 22-24 are direct only as far as I can tell - unless someone has found a US newsstand edition - I have a ropey picture of #21 - it looked better online but you can make out the price 

All-star Squadron 59 and 65 are the elusive Issues from that title for me - 66 & 67 pictures are below

Tales Of The Teen Titans I am missing images for 76,79,81,85,88 - 91 picture is below

Blue Beetle 21.JPG

All-star Squadron 66.JPG

All-star Squadron 67.JPG

Tales Of The Teen Titans (91).JPG

Edited by David Buck

On 2/5/2019 at 3:27 PM, David Buck said:

Heroes Against Hunger

Angel Love 1 to 8  

You should reach out to Ben at www.rarecomics.wordpress.com , he's putting together images for all the Marvel and DC Canadian Price Variants. You guys could share images and help one another. What are you planning on doing with the images? 

Edited by The_Investor

Very cool to see these all,  esp. that TT.  Too bad about the Blue Beetles, I'm trying to finish up the run and was hoping I would find em.

GCD also needs updated pics.  They are doing pretty good with the CPVs but there are still lots of holes.

6 hours ago, David Buck said:

The Blue Beetle Issues 22-24 are direct only as far as I can tell - unless someone has found a US newsstand edition - I have a ropey picture of #21 - it looked better online but you can make out the price 

All-star Squadron 59 and 65 are the elusive Issues from that title for me - 66 & 67 pictures are below

Tales Of The Teen Titans I am missing images for 76,79,81,85,88 - 91 picture is below

Blue Beetle 21.JPG

All-star Squadron 66.JPG

All-star Squadron 67.JPG

Tales Of The Teen Titans (91).JPG

Sorry, I'm on my phone and it won't let me edit your quote... 

Anyway, this one will be in my possession in a couple of weeks...

Screenshot_20190206-212213_Facebook.jpg

Some of my Spider-Man gas-station variants I bought back in the day; most are very well read and then spent 25 years stored in a non-heated cabin - but they all have it pretty cushy these days as I brought them out of "storage" and set up a "hobby room" in my 4th bedroom.

I have lots more (mostly Marvel) if there is interest in seeing a few other sets.

SM2.thumb.JPG.582f81e9a99190f531258d702b03ce0c.JPGSM1.thumb.JPG.d0473b101fb1b4d91c1d4288cbddc91d.JPG

SM3.JPG

SM4.JPG

IMG_2716.JPG

IMG_2717.JPG

Edited by Dangercow
...adding flair.

I guess that I could post this on here too, as it fits and people might not be keeping up with the other thread nor believe it happened...

@Silver Surfer @CanadianGothic

A Canadian price Mark jeweler 

20190213_170010.jpg