• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,872 posts in this topic

CGC Changes their labels from " Edition" to " Price Variant" for Australian, Canadian and Pence books starting tomorrow ....fantastic news !!!

Two Thumbs up to STEVE and everyone else who helped contribute towards this positive change over the years !!!

https://rarecomics.wordpress.com/2019/05/05/applause-to-cgc-now-labeling-type-1as-as-canadian-price-variant-australian-price-variant-and-uk-price-variant/

On 5/3/2019 at 12:34 AM, THE_BEYONDER said:

What's the most expensive cover price on a Canadian edition?  The baxter paper special editions are up there at $2.25, but this is the highest one I own.  Anything higher?

yfe3iv8.jpg?1

This one popped in my head today so grabbed a pic. Pretty sure I have a few more too. They'll come to me.

Image (387).jpg

On 5/3/2019 at 10:15 PM, rlextherobot said:

Hello everyone! I've been beating my head against the wall trying to find some pretty scarce Canadian Price editions of a few Doom Patrol (1987) books, specifically 10, 12 and Annual 1. Anybody have a lead, or want to work out a deal? 

Doom Patrol 12 is the only Issue I haven't found a picture of yet from that run - so it is very scarce -  Doom Patrol Annual 1 is too late for a Canadian newsstand variant - the picture below shows the newsstand edition - with both US and Canadian pricing  

Doom Patrol annual 1 NS.jpg

5 hours ago, David Buck said:

Doom Patrol 12 is the only Issue I haven't found a picture of yet from that run - so it is very scarce -  Doom Patrol Annual 1 is too late for a Canadian newsstand variant - the picture below shows the newsstand edition - with both US and Canadian pricing  

DP#12 CPV falls into Zatanna Special #1 territory for me, I've never laid eyes on it so not convinced it exists.

2 hours ago, alewario said:

DP#12 CPV falls into Zatanna Special #1 territory for me, I've never laid eyes on it so not convinced it exists.

The following Specials from the period don't exist as Newsstand editions as far as I know

Angel Love Special 1
Atari Force Special 1
'Mazing Man Special 1
'Mazing Man Special 2
Sword of the Atom Special 3
Talos of the Wilderness Sea 1
Zatanna Special 1

11 hours ago, David Buck said:

Thanks David! I had confirmed with Doug Sulipa that he didn't think the Annual existed (it is listed on some sites) but very good to hear someone else reiterate that. 

By an insane coincidence I happened to find a copy of the Canadian Variant for #12 IN A BOX OF COMICS I ALREADY HAD not a day after posting this request. I'll put a picture up when I get home from work! 

If there is a Canadian newsstand of the Zatanna Special then where are all of the US newsstand copies which should be easier to find?- I have never seen one - does anybody have a picture of one they can post?

35 minutes ago, kimik said:

Here is an image I found online with a quick google search for Zatanna Special 1987 newsstand https://rarecomics.wordpress.com/2018/04/11/three-variants-that-surprised-me/zatanna-special-newsstand/

Image result for zatanna special 1987 newsstand

Thanks Kimik - that is new to me - sales must have been terrible for it to be as scarce as it is. I have not been back to Rare comics since the initial launch of the canadian price guide so missed that article. I guess I'll have to put some of those other specials back on the research list now - 

On 5/6/2019 at 10:30 AM, David Buck said:

The following Specials from the period don't exist as Newsstand editions as far as I know

Angel Love Special 1
Atari Force Special 1
'Mazing Man Special 1
'Mazing Man Special 2
Sword of the Atom Special 3
Talos of the Wilderness Sea 1
Zatanna Special 1

Was the Oz Wonderland War #1-3 ever in newsstand format? I want to say no, but there's a tiny voice arguing with me...

On ‎6‎/‎1‎/‎2019 at 2:09 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

Was the Oz Wonderland War #1-3 ever in newsstand format? I want to say no, but there's a tiny voice arguing with me...

Link?

:tink:

:foryou:

Edited by MR SigS

On 6/1/2019 at 6:09 PM, RockMyAmadeus said:

No, not to my knowledge, but would be happy to be wrong!

Edited by alewario