• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,872 posts in this topic

Just now, davidpg said:

I still have my copy that I bought off the rack back in the day here in Canada and there was no Tattooz in it :(

:frown: Judging by the date,this would have been a garage sale find a few years after it came out(likely 85).I was still pretty young when I got it,but in 1982 I was five and my dad would've only had Conan and Sgt Rock around the house.Why I was unsure if it ever had tatz in it.I still have a bunch of my dads old comics from then,never checked if they were newsies,but it's a safe bet.

(they're also worth millions to me in their battered state,regardless)

On 9/3/2019 at 5:27 PM, porcupine48 said:

:frown: Judging by the date,this would have been a garage sale find a few years after it came out(likely 85).I was still pretty young when I got it,but in 1982 I was five and my dad would've only had Conan and Sgt Rock around the house.Why I was unsure if it ever had tatz in it.I still have a bunch of my dads old comics from then,never checked if they were newsies,but it's a safe bet.

(they're also worth millions to me in their battered state,regardless)

My 238 has the tatz, so at least some of them were shipped with them. 

12 hours ago, 10cents said:

I thought this was sharp enough to not press, oh well, I guess I’ll be flattening the rest of my CADs before subbing them. Lesson learned.:sorry:

Just curious, but does the off center wrap here come into play for Copper(or any) Age 9.8s?

49DF6CCF-84D6-434D-9803-257965F8C32E.thumb.jpeg.8f7bccef4bc00781333a4f023c8cb224.jpeg

Nice book! With regards to the off-centering affecting the grade at this level.  The answer would be no.  There has to be something else that put the grade at 9.6.  It is likely something as simple as a finger dent or impression.

22 minutes ago, Xenosmilus said:
On 9/2/2019 at 11:46 PM, porcupine48 said:

A few more while pb is co-operating

!!!!!0.jpg

Is it me or does this cover seem a little rapey :roflmao:

Maybe more a little centipedey 

On 9/3/2019 at 2:10 AM, porcupine48 said:

:whatthe::blush:

!!!!!0.jpg

I need this issue. Its actually one of the tougher NKOTB issues to find, especially with the cdn variant pricing. Im currently putting together the Harvey cdn database right now and they are actually incredibly difficult to find. Keep the pics of Harveys coming  

2 hours ago, DonSal1976 said:

I need this issue. Its actually one of the tougher NKOTB issues to find, especially with the cdn variant pricing. Im currently putting together the Harvey cdn database right now and they are actually incredibly difficult to find. Keep the pics of Harveys coming  

It's an old pic,but I still have it.It'll likely take a while,but I'll let you know when I run across it next.

27 minutes ago, bellrules said:

The Canadian newsstands I bought at the time, had the tattoos.

I guess someone stole it out of the issue before I nabbed it off the stand :(