• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,872 posts in this topic

In my attempt to assemble images of all DC CNS I'm just short of 99% complete now - I just checked when I created the folders and coincidentally it was 4 years ago yesterday that I started searching for these , happy to post a few images of issues people want to check up on of course , although MCS and GCD have a lot of issues up now there are still hundreds of gaps in what you can find permanently online

this is the list of the last Issues I have yet to see

Angel Love 1-8 (all issues - Is this just so low demand no-one is bothering with it or as it was an unusual title for DC was the US newsstand run too low to justify a CNS?)

Captain atom 16 

Heroes Against Hunger (Marvels' Heroes For Hope CNS is common - why is this one so hard to find?)

New Talent Showcase 7-13? (the title had a partial US Newsstand run - same questions as with Angel Love as none found to date as CNS)

Night Force 13 

Phantom Stranger 2

Sgt. Rock 413 

Son Of Ambush Bug 1,2,3,5 (low demand it seems keeps this one obscure)

Teen titans Spotlight 10,19,21

Warlord 124

Weird, The 4 (the US newsstands for this one become progressively hard to find  - it looks like sales declined very quickly on this mini series) 

Who's Who Update 1987 5 

Zatanna Special 1

I would love to see pictures if anyone has any of the above

Edited by David Buck

12 hours ago, David Buck said:

In my attempt to assemble images of all DC CNS I'm just short of 99% complete now - I just checked when I created the folders and coincidentally it was 4 years ago yesterday that I started searching for these , happy to post a few images of issues people want to check up on of course , although MCS and GCD have a lot of issues up now there are still hundreds of gaps in what you can find permanently online

this is the list of the last Issues I have yet to see

Angel Love 1-8 (all issues - Is this just so low demand no-one is bothering with it or as it was an unusual title for DC was the US newsstand run too low to justify a CNS?)

Captain atom 16 

Heroes Against Hunger (Marvels' Heroes For Hope CNS is common - why is this one so hard to find?)

New Talent Showcase 7-13? (the title had a partial US Newsstand run - same questions as with Angel Love as none found to date as CNS)

Night Force 13 

Phantom Stranger 2

Sgt. Rock 413 

Son Of Ambush Bug 1,2,3,5 (low demand it seems keeps this one obscure)

Teen titans Spotlight 10,19,21

Warlord 124

Weird, The 4 (the US newsstands for this one become progressively hard to find  - it looks like sales declined very quickly on this mini series) 

Who's Who Update 1987 5 

Zatanna Special 1

I would love to see pictures if anyone has any of the above

Hi David, the images for a few of the books on your list can be found on www.cpvpriceguide.com 

Edited by The_Investor

Thanks , they have really added a lot of images since I last went on their site - my list of missing images is now down to 23  and it looks like I can help them out with some  of their missing images - assuming they are up to standard - I have 43 they don't have up but some won't be good enough or are watermarked. - maybe 20-30 good enough to use   - so the list now looks like this: 

Captain atom 16 

Phantom Stranger 2

Son Of Ambush Bug 3

Teen titans Spotlight 10,19

Weird, The 4 (the US newsstands for this run become progressively hard to find  - it looks like sales declined very quickly on this mini series) 

Zatanna Special 1

11 hours ago, David Buck said:

Thanks , they have really added a lot of images since I last went on their site - my list of missing images is now down to 23  and it looks like I can help them out with some  of their missing images - assuming they are up to standard - I have 43 they don't have up but some won't be good enough or are watermarked. - maybe 20-30 good enough to use   - so the list now looks like this: 

Captain atom 16 

Phantom Stranger 2

Son Of Ambush Bug 3

Weird, The 4 (the US newsstands for this run become progressively hard to find  - it looks like sales declined very quickly on this mini series) 

Zatanna Special 1

Reach out to Ben, he's looking for the missing images from Canadian Price Variant collectors and many have already helped out willingly. Yes, the guide is constantly expanding with books, images, articles, etc...

Edited by The_Investor

On 5/23/2020 at 8:15 AM, David Buck said:

Captain atom 16 

Phantom Stranger 2

Son Of Ambush Bug 3

Zatanna Special 1

I have son of ambush bug 3

20200524_213452.jpg