• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,873 posts in this topic

Hi everyone, been reading the blog for a while and decided to write for the first time. I'm really happy that there's a number of people who collect Canadian Price Variants even if most collectors think it's a waste of money and laugh at us. I think it's awesome that we can share via this blog our passion for collecting these 1980's books. I believe that over the next several years the masses will take notice..I believe it's simply a matter of time . We need a catalyst superstar collector who is respected the world over to write a convincing yet  EXTREMELY POWERFUL article for the next Overstreet guide! The individual must be a titan in the world of collecting (a household name) that is known across both borders!!!     

I'm seeking a few key books to buy or trade for. I posted my wants in the "WANTS" section but no one bothered to reply.  I know boardies like "SILVER SURFER" ... "RED_ HOOD"... "CHADWICK"...KIMIK"..."FLYINGDONUT"..."THE_BEYONDER"..."DAVIDPG"..."MARTIN SINESCU"..."...and several others might be able to help me considering they probably have multiple copies of each grail ? Which I'm happy for them!

Please PM me with any high grade (9.6-9.8) grails that you might have graded or raw in that case :) i.e.,

ASM 238...239...252 ...

MARVEL GRAPHIC NOVEL 4 (9.8)

NEW MUTANTS 1...

TEEN TITANS 44...

WOLVERINE 2-4...

MARVEL TEAM-UP 141...

SECRET WARS 8...

THOR 337...

SUPERMAN 1...

X-FACTOR 5-6...

ALPHA FLIGHT 1...

WEB OF SPIDERMAN 1...

BOOSTER GOLD 1...

BRAVE and the BOLD 200...

POWER PACK 1...

TRANSFORMERS 1...

ARCHIE'S GIRLS 320...

SWAMP THING 37...

LEGENDS 1 & 3...

ETC....

Hope to make some sort of contribution on this site in the near future and possibly plan a meet-up group where we can get together once or twice a year over a beer and burgers somewhere here in Canada. I think it would be great creating a brotherhood (Females not excluded of course...it would enhance the group) and chill together with the possibility of displaying or trading books followed by a few good laughs together. The fact that we would all be looking out for one another would be awesome Canuck/US power. I live in the city of Laval (literally attached to Montreal) in the province of Quebec :) 

Feel free to reach out to me :) 

Edited by The_Investor

1 hour ago, The_Investor said:

Hello? Anyone there? 

I'm here but I'm afraid I don't know the answers to your questions. Sorry. 

1 hour ago, Marwood & I said:

I'm here but I'm afraid I don't know the answers to your questions. Sorry. 

Marwood...thank you for replying...at least I know one person is checking this blog...lol 

No one sent me a PM with books they might want to sell or trade for. I hope some will come and read these posts soon...lol

39 minutes ago, The_Investor said:

Marwood...thank you for replying...at least I know one person is checking this blog...lol 

No one sent me a PM with books they might want to sell or trade for. I hope some will come and read these posts soon...lol

Don't take it personally - you can wait a long time for a response around here sometimes...

Hi Everyone,

Below I provided a list of Canadian Price Variants in the highest grades...books that I'm open to trade with (PM me if you'd like to buy with an offer) . I provided a list of books I'm seeking (look above at a previous post for my list...I'm also open to other key books I did not write down on that list) . 

Magik #1 (9.6w) CGC Single Highest grade (Only Canadian price variant on the CGC census) First book dedicated to Magik....New Mutants movie coming

Hawkeye limited series 1-4 (ALL in 9.6w) CGC Single Highest and only graded according to CGC census...1st series dedicated to Hawkeye ... UNBELIEVABLY DIFFICULT to have all four books in the highest grade...unique opportunity indeed. 

Doom Patrol 1 (9.6w) Single Highest graded ( Only Canadian price Variant on the CGC census)

The Falcon 1 (9.4w)   Single Highest graded ( Only Canadian price Variant on the CGC census) First book dedicated to Falcon 

Cheryl Blossom 1 (9.6w) Single Highest graded ( Only Canadian price Variant on the CGC census)

Thor 337 (9.6)w I HAVE 3 COPIES... 2nd highest graded on the CGC census (First Beta Ray) 

Justice League 1 (1987) (9.8w) 1 of 2 Highest graded on the CGC census  (First MAxwell Lord)   

Avengers 264 (9.4w) Single highest graded on the CGC census (First new yellowjacket) 

Respectfully,

The_investor

Edited by The_Investor

If anyone else is located in Edmonton and looking for Canadian Newsstand Price variants, check out Wizards Comics' University location. They have a ton of high grade Cdn Variants in stock (and more likely to come). How do I know this? They are starting to pull out the bulk of a collection I sold to them three or four years ago that yielded a bunch of 9.8 CDN books for me. (thumbsu

Edited by kimik

8 minutes ago, kimik said:

If anyone else is located in Edmonton and looking for Canadian Newsstand Price variants, check out Wizards Comics' University location. They have a ton of high grade Cdn Variants in stock (and more likely to come). How do I know this? They are starting to pull out the bulk of a collection I sold to them three or four years ago that yielded a bunch of 9.8 CDN books for me. (thumbsu

I would be interested but I don't live in Edmonton Kimik. How could I contact them to ask what they have? 

20 minutes ago, The_Investor said:

I would be interested but I don't live in Edmonton Kimik. How could I contact them to ask what they have? 

I can drop them a note and see if one of the guys can contact you. Let's take this to our PM.