• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
19 19

2,869 posts in this topic

21 hours ago, Wolverine3 said:

lol whatever?

Silver Surfer speaks the truth.

He's probably the #1 collector of high grade Canadian Editions in the world, and I don't think he's trying to hurt your feelings, just being honest.

The buying pool for these books is tiny, especially when they're not 9.4+. In fact, we may all be here in this thread :)

When I first sold a few of my Canadian duplicates at a show I was expecting people to be excited to find them. In reality, I had a few people put them back into the box after I excitedly told them it was a 'hard to find Canadian edition' saying, "I'm looking for a U.S. copy" lol

For a book like this, I would personally price it at regular guide for the grade (for the US edition).

On 10/14/2017 at 2:12 PM, wormboy said:

Silver Surfer speaks the truth.

He's probably the #1 collector of high grade Canadian Editions in the world, and I don't think he's trying to hurt your feelings, just being honest.

The buying pool for these books is tiny, especially when they're not 9.4+. In fact, we may all be here in this thread :)

When I first sold a few of my Canadian duplicates at a show I was expecting people to be excited to find them. In reality, I had a few people put them back into the box after I excitedly told them it was a 'hard to find Canadian edition' saying, "I'm looking for a U.S. copy" lol

For a book like this, I would personally price it at regular guide for the grade (for the US edition).

I put low to mid grade Canadian editions in $1 boxes. They are quite common up here after all. lol

There are more collectors looking for them now, but the focus is on HG copies. Most of the books are too plentiful  in mid to low grade to be worth more than the respective guide price. 

Edited by kimik

Its all about the high grade copies. I only dabbled with Canadian Edition's until I was able to get my hands on a decent amount on real high grade copies, then I turned my main focus on them. Hopefully more collections come out of the wood work because high grade copies for many issues are almost non existent. :wishluck: