• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
18 18

2,872 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, kimik said:

So.....if I had kept my other copy I would have 2/5 of the 9.8 CDNs? I thought there would be more out there in 9.8 shape, but I may be mistaken.........

There are two other individuals who I know have a 9.8 Canadian Thor 337 (not labelled properly). Great book to have in that grade. I hope to land one myself as well whenever the opportunity presents itself :)

Keep your eyes open for raw copies to submit. There are a ton of HG copies still out there - I have seen people that still have small stacks of newsstand and direct edition copies here in Edmonton from speculation back in the day. The Simonson run was a hot item back then.

23 minutes ago, kimik said:

Keep your eyes open for raw copies to submit. There are a ton of HG copies still out there - I have seen people that still have small stacks of newsstand and direct edition copies here in Edmonton from speculation back in the day. The Simonson run was a hot item back then.

Yeah no doubt. I have seen a fair number of 9.6's over the last few years and I owned at least 5 or 6 copies of them not too long ago. I have to be honest though, some of the 9.8's that I have seen have more spine ticks what you would normally see on a 9.2. 

1 hour ago, kimik said:

The digests are fun to find in HG. I used to have HG multiples of all of the CDN digests thanks to a couple is stashes that Ron/Leading Comics had in Edmonton way back when.

I came across a seller in Calgary a few years ago that has over a hundred "doubles" for sale at his garage sale.....if only I could remember his address. It was impressive.