• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Official Canadian Newsstand Cover Price V****** Thread
19 19

2,869 posts in this topic

On 12/2/2018 at 10:43 PM, The Heckler said:

Christmas came early this year! Lucked out finding this one. I have a few copies of number 1 but the 2 was much harder to find. Nice clean copy. CGC doesn’t have any graded yet. (Correctly at least) Mine might be the first. It’s going out in a new batch after the first of the year. Any guesses on grade?

241BE81A-DC18-4783-BB80-C22B9ACA9723.jpeg

Pretty copy! Those are both tough in high grade! I’d say CGC 9.0, with a chance at 9.2..

I noticed my copy of Batman 386 is the 95 cent variant - I noticed there are only 10 of them in the Census!?! I sent that puppy in to be graded - it is a very nice copy!! What is the story with this variant... is it really that scarce??

I wish I had taken some pics to post - I'll throw some up when it returns!!

9 hours ago, KingCthulhu said:

I noticed there are only 10 of them in the Census!?! ... What is the story with this variant... is it really that scarce??

As always for Canadian Newsstands, the Census breakdowns for nearly any issue are highly questionable due to the ridiculous number of submissions that were not properly identified, despite CGC recognizing them as separate editions.

On 1/5/2019 at 4:19 PM, Dave_8 said:

I have slowly been putting together a small collection of high grade star wars canadian variants most of them 9.6-9.8. Been thinking about sending one out to be signature series. Do you guys think that takes away from being a canadian variant or makes it better? 

Some people will value it more, some won't. Some don't like signed books. 

On 1/5/2019 at 4:19 PM, Dave_8 said:

I have slowly been putting together a small collection of high grade star wars canadian variants most of them 9.6-9.8. Been thinking about sending one out to be signature series. Do you guys think that takes away from being a canadian variant or makes it better? 

Which book are you thinking about getting signed? And by whom? I have a few I'd like to get signed. George Perez, Bob Layton and Pat Broderick are scheduled to be at Niagara Falls Con in June. 

The difference in fonts used for the prices is endlessly fascinating, especially at a time when regular DCs and Marvels had been standardized for decades. Several of them seem to be last minute "oops, we forgot to run the Canadian newsstands!" 

10 hours ago, CanadianGothic said:

Which book are you thinking about getting signed? And by whom? I have a few I'd like to get signed. George Perez, Bob Layton and Pat Broderick are scheduled to be at Niagara Falls Con in June. 

Specifically #72 by Harris and Hargraves, they're at pensacon. Ig-88 and Bossk is on the cover together. Thought it would be neat just not sure if its a good idea with it being a canadian