• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wow Almost Didn't Make It by kaholo1256

2 posts in this topic

Thank You Professor P

Wow only four days in and I almost missed today's journal. Damn Sniperhill internet service and their maintenance. Oh well.

Yesterday Professor P posted up what I have to say was by far if not the best Journal than pretty close to it. Spilling ones heart out and opening up like that isn't something many of us are willing to do to our own families let alone a group of strangers.

I have to say that in a way I did see a portion of these same collecting techniques in my own ways. When I first returned to Comics I didn't just dip the toe in but jumped in head first. Like most of us though i think jumping in head first made me realize that I should have at least looked where I was jumping in as I think I hit my head in the shallow end. I quickly racked up a significant amount with Paypal and within the first month looked at what I purchased and what actually spent and said WTF? I think it was catching on early tat helped curb me.

I quickly stopped my pick-ups, and paid my bill before understanding that with great collecting comes great debt for those of us without a ton of disposable income.

I know in the signature pages we joke around about how some facilitators are going to have me drinking tap water and eating knock off brand ramen but if it weren't for a finance smart wife I probably would have at some point. It was my wife maybe not joining in with me but accepting it with me that has helped the most. She gave me... yep had to ask permission... a man fun account and while maybe she thought at one point that fund would go towards trips to Vegas for me and the "boys" or what not I can honestly say shes probably happier that I collect comics than goes out on the town. She's even given me a few gifts and its made Holiday and Birthday shopping for her significantly easier when she can look at my CLZ account and see a hole that needs to be plugged.

I guess it was opening up to my wife that ruly turned everything around for me and one of the biggest reasons why I know mine is a keeper.

Professor P, thank you for helping me to look back at what I appreciate about my own wife, and how collecting while it can be fun, does take a lot of responsibility and caution.

K

See more journals by kaholo1256

Should I give it to you or not. I see the fifth and the seventh but none on the sixth, ah hell who am I to argue with time zones or a man with a gun. Besides, it is a thirty in thirty, no reason two could not be done in one day. It isn't easy though, is it?

I am glad you are doing it, as well as others. I'm enjoying people's thoughts on a daily basis. Although the Professor didn't mention anything about doing a skew of journals, his addition was most poignant. He should be commended and held in the highest esteem if out hearts. I wish him well. And you..., you better make it home safely,

Tnerb