• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Missing Pieces

4 posts in this topic

So I was looking at an auction on Comic Connect, and for a listed lot of Superboys (listed as "G: 2.0 to FN+: 6.5"), something looked kinda strange. Unless I'm mistaken, in the comic on the lower right, Superboy's face has been carefully cut out and is completely missing:

sup18.4056la.jpg

Now I know that technically speaking a book that is G 2.0 can have pieces missing from the cover, but could this book actually qualify?

Thanks.

I would grade it a straight Fair 1.0. If it is a solid 6.0 otherwise You could convince me at Fair/Good.

According to the specific wording in the Overstreet Grading Guide (don't have it in front of me) it may not be out of bounds. But in reality you have to throw out the "less than x% of cover missing" language with a defacement like that. I think if you rigidly applied the OGG standard 2.0 may be technically OK.

Again, though, please check, I am going from memory.