• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What Just Happened?

5 posts in this topic

Or Aren't Fast Tracks Supposed to be Fast Tracked?

My first two invoices from the NYCC were accepted one day after the other. The first one was Forever Evil #1 3D variant. This was accepted on the 17th of October. The second was my own personal copy of The New Mutants annual, the first annual I ever purchased. I only had this cracked from its slab so I could size up the bags for my 9.8 copy. Both annuals were signed by all three creators. The 9.8 went through CCS, my 9.4 went straight to CGC. It was accepted on the 18th.

I like to check on my invoices. Currently I have six at CGC. The first one that changed was from Baltimore. The second was from the NYCC, but not the one that was fast tracked. Did CGC make a mistake? Did somehow they flip by accident? Yesterday my Annual was changed from graded to grading/quality control. Two terminologies that should be switched around.

I'm happy that the six invoices are moving along at a nice pace, but I'm curious on why a modern age invoice would skip over a modern age fast tracked invoice. I'll call on Friday to find out how this happened, or maybe, just maybe when I check my invoices it won't really matter.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

14631.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

"changed from graded to grading/quality control. Two terminologies that should be switched around."

I had the same feeling about this, ...for a while... but, have since changed my mind. (After reading the definitions multiple times)

CGC's Quality Control (QC) is a review of post-encapsulation. It makes sense that after an order is "graded" it should go through "QC" - I think it's the "Grading" that makes no sense. Why would you be "grading" a book after it's "graded"....?!?!?! Maybe this should simply be relabeled as "QC"..????