• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

am i overcharging on S&H or making money?

63 posts in this topic

I ship via USPS priority and have found it to be the best value for the money. You must be more centralized in the U.S. since I recently sent a CGC book to the west coast that was packed in the large 1092 box and it cost me $5.75, and that was with the free delivery confirmation available online.

With this in mind I find charging $6.00 is a good flat rate to list in my auctions since it will cover shipping throughout the U.S. and there is no need to do the "contact me for shipping charge" thing unless you are from that other country up north.

As far as unslabbed books, I send them the same way but the rate drops down to $4.00..... wink.gif

Priority is priority and Express is express. They are 2 completly differant animals. Go to the USPS website and see if you can ship a 1lb 4oz package coast to coast via priority mail for less than 5 bucks.

I'll check when I get home.

I believe the boxes I use are all white with a blue stripe. I believe they say 2 lb. or 3 lb.limit. But I'll have to check to make sure.

The post office also has the boxes all together, the priority with the express. Anyone could easly grab the more expensive envelopes/boxes. The express are mostly all blue with a outline of a eagle on them. I know those are more to mail.

I even use the priority boxes to send record albums. Ya can leave um flat and stick some cardboard in there and its never cost me more then $5. I'm sure $4.85 is the most its ever cost me. Again, I'm not were I can check it out right now. I do send a lot of stuff through the mail and have had very good luck with it.

Yep! I see what you mean, but then that means I must be in one of those zones (1, 2, 3) thats mentioned in the help link.

If thats the case it would be easy for someone in my zone to charge more for postage and the buyer would never know. I wonder why the USPS made this so complicated?

hey kids, just came back for the post office . i mailed 2 packages via USPS priority w/ deliviery confirmation. one slabbed book went to brooklyn, zoo york and costed $7.30, the other unslabbed went to new mexico and was $6.45. for those two auctions i charged $6 for S&H, so begs the question? am i making money on S&H? mad.giffrown.gifblush.gifshocked.gifwink.gifgrin.gif

supa....you do know that you can get delivery confirmation on line for free.... right....

I know you can TRACK delivery confirm for free online. But how do you get delivery conformation to be put on a package online? I mean, you can't mail a package online. Am I missing something? grin.gif