• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Infinity Gauntlet (War, Crusade, Thanos Quest) Appreciation Thread

1,122 posts in this topic

Here are a few favorites in order. I actually rank IG 4th believe or not I think the others are just better.

1.) Thanos Quest 1 and 2 - It just doesn't get any better. Starlin/Lim and the art was one of the last that had painted interior panels that they don't do anymore.

2.) Silver Surfer 34-60 - Starlin/Lim tell a story here. Just great story telling. Poor Surfer always getting played by Thanos.

3.) The Korvac Saga - Avengers 167-177. If you have never read this and you love IG you will LOVE this.

4.) Infinity Gauntlet - Starlin at his best from start to finish.

Honorable Mention

Avengers Annual 7/Marvel Two In One Annual 2 - Love Spider-man being the hero.

My 3000th post will be here.

I had seen this on Ryan's flickr page and thought to ask. What's up with the Infinity Gaunlet? He proceeded to tell me

:o Read this AWESOMENESS

I read it and thought to myself WOW that's a cool freaking story line. I gotta get this book now!!!

So great thread Ryan and I will be back with book in hand and more knowledge of the story line.

Thanks sir! (worship)

Retro - Enjoy every panel!! :applause::cloud9: This book came out the summer after 6th grade for me and loved every second of it! :whee:

22 years later I can pick it up now and still love every bit of it. Just great story-telling and artwork!

Great thread! I'm a major Marvel Cosmic freak, loved seeing all the big cosmic entities show up... and Thanos laying the smack down :grin:

Here's some OA for your enjoyment, larger scans are available in my CAF gallery!

:o

(worship)(worship)(worship)

To me it was the best major event from one of the big publishers.

The first was the two issue prestige format Thanos quest.

Then the prelude in Silver Surfer from issue 34 up.

To the main event in Infinity Gauntlet.

The one series I eagerly waited with anticipation for the next issue to be released.

I even bought the t-shirt that had the artwork of issue one of the cover.

And I even scored this advertising poster from my LCS at the time.

Still have it but a bit worse for wear I'm afraid.

Must have been 18 when this series came out.

So long ago.

Favourite parts when Warlock sends in the heroes knowing they were 100% doomed just to distract thanos so Silver Surfer could swoop in and steal the gauntlet.

The fact that thanos was so powerful he had Mephisto as a lackey/henchman.

Here is a pic of the comic shop advertising poster.

That's the poster I had! Loved it! :applause:

Great thread! I'm a major Marvel Cosmic freak, loved seeing all the big cosmic entities show up... and Thanos laying the smack down :grin:

Here's some OA for your enjoyment, larger scans are available in my CAF gallery!

:o

(worship)(worship)(worship)

Happy to share with fellow collectors who appreciate 'em :)

Keep posting the cosmic goodies everyone!