• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Infinity Gauntlet (War, Crusade, Thanos Quest) Appreciation Thread

1,122 posts in this topic

It's Group Shot Time :)

10761849024_5718187f81_o.jpg

10762046003_7a3fd0079c_o.jpg

10762054263_b52bdc89c6_o.jpg

10761848994_f71c4835db_o.jpg

That Marvel Two in One is one of my all time s faves and anythink with Warlock and/or the Silver Surfer is just the stuff :applause:

edit. BTW, that 2in 1 and the Avengers Giant were a big deal in the 70s and 80s. Throw in the Death of Captain Marvel and you have the whole cosmic scene covered.

Edited by The Authority

Darkseid-Thanos.jpg

JIM STARLIN

THAT is awesome!

I loved Infinity Gauntlet when it came out. It was my introduction to these characters. i bought SS 50 and IG #1 on the same day. Loved it! Seeing SS crash into Dr. Stranges place to warn Earth was awesome.

I immediately tracked down copies of SS#34 and up as well as the Thanos Quest books.

I didn't think War or Crusade were as good. Pretty steep decline actually. But I did enjoy some of the Infinity Watch issues.

I agree. I think IG was much stronger than IW or IC, but I love them all. Does Marvel: The End tie into the storyline/mythos, too? I never read Infinity Abyss.

After reading the Wikipedia site, I learned that the Avengers/Ultraforce crossover ties into the Infinity Saga - with a 7th gem! :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nemesis_(Ultraverse)

Now I have the urge to go buy IG slabs - which was already bugging me in the background of mind, but now has flared up!

Here is all I have for now. I'll hope to make a custom omnibus at some point, but I wouldn't be surprised if Marvel comes out with one soon.

th_2013-11-09161728_zps540b3792.jpg

Now I have the urge to go buy IG slabs - which was already bugging me in the background of mind, but now has flared up!

Me too Jim! D@mn Ryan! :cry:

lol I thought I'd be happy owning #1 9.8. Now after this thread and getting the itch, I want #2-6, Thanos Quest #1 and #2 and SS #50. :ohnoez:

Great idea for a thread Ryan! I read Thanos Quest and it was amazing! IG kicked too! I'm glad they left it that didn't do two terrible follow ups! :insane:

I just upgraded my two Thanos Quest books in last month's comic link auction. I thought I overpaid but I don't care!

I'll dig out scans of my Thanos shrine later tonight...

Me too Jim! D@mn Ryan! :cry:

lol I thought I'd be happy owning #1 9.8. Now after this thread and getting the itch, I want #2-6, Thanos Quest #1 and #2 and SS #50. :ohnoez:

I just sold a couple of recent DC slabs today so I had to pull the trigger on a 9.8 SS Thanos Quest #1 with Starlin and Defalco

I just upgraded my two Thanos Quest books in last month's comic link auction. I thought I overpaid but I don't care!

Damn

This bug is catching

Just bought this off the bay lol lol

I saw this one when I was picking up take out. I was thinking about grabbing it when I got home! You beat me to it! :(

Glad you got it though bud! :applause:

Did I ever post this commission here?

It's a Rom Lim creation.....Galactus' head was so large in scale that it went entirely on it's own 11x17 artboard.

LimGalactus_zpsefd8bb09.jpg

LimThanosFinal_zpsead2ff05.jpg