• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

I love Newsstand copies. Foreign ones, too.

25 posts in this topic

I don't have any at the moment, but i'm starting to want them. It's just another challenge. There will never be a shortage of copper age books, but some of the more popular books of the era are surprisingly difficult to get in 9.8. For every 20 NM 98 9.8's I see with Cap in the corner, I see maybe a single newsstand. Show me the goods, yo. :cloud9:

Wow a 9.8 news stand copy. A very rare find indeed.

Even the 9.6's are very special.

I remember hunting thru the books at the newsagent before and after school and trying to buy the best condition copies.

New books arrived every Tuesday and Thursday and if you did not get there on the day. The books sitting there that had been rifled thru looked bad with there spine creases from being pulled down to see what book was behind them on the shelf or spinner rack.

I'm off to the Supernova convention today in Brisbane. Mostly cosplay and animation and sci/fi with actors from movies and tv shows signing autographs.

But I hope there are some comic book dealers there and I may try to hunt down any Aus price variants there. They are not chased here so the trouble is not competition but just trying to find them.

I choose newsstand copies any day of the week. I like the look a lot better and obviously they are harder to find.

Ironic, indeed, as the addition of the bar code to the front cover circa 1975 was actually the death knell of collecting for many of us purists at the time . . . :grin: