• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC 9.5?

12 posts in this topic

I have an Ultimate X-men Wizard First that is cgc graded 9.5. It has it's own unique reddish pink label. If this case were cracked for a signature in front of a CGC rep, would I still be able to retain a mix of yellow and red label? Could I retain the special grade as well? I know this is a long shot but it's worth a try.

• Administrator

Wizard First was a specialized grading program that was only provided for Wizard directly. We do not consider those books to be CGC graded as they were graded using the scale provided by Wizard so that book would have to be completely regraded and would loose all Wizard First designations on the new label.

19 hours ago, BobTheGoon said:

These special slabs bear a CGC label and hologram, and they can be found in the census. I would think that it doesn't get more official than that. Has CGC released an official statement on this?

Bob, you are a Goon. This is a 5 year old thread that you resurrected. Gemma's response from 5 years ago was an official CGC statement. Since then, the likelihood that they have changed their stance would be even more remote. The design of the slab and label has been completely redesigned. IMO, it's a cool grade and labeI that should be left in it's original state. Trying to add Signature Service into the mix would have been a cluster you-know-what. BTW, welcome to the Boards.