• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

i've been watching these auctions

14 posts in this topic

Naw...... his money is tied up in funeral homes that subcontract for the Army. Once Bush gets his war plans movin - he is going to make money hand over fist.

I'm kidding!!!( tend to have littel to no sense of humor, so I would like to point out that was a joke - I was not serious)

smile.gifsmile.gif

Naw...... his money is tied up in funeral homes that subcontract for the Army. Once Bush gets his war plans movin - he is going to make money hand over fist.

hey...I am just being a true by making wise investments... that way I can have all three of the characteristics that supa loves about me.... tongue.gif

you live in the bay area? no i didn't buy any of the books, i emailed him asking for larger scans, but he replied, if you don't agree on the grading send them back for a full refund. which is cool and all, but im not a gambling man. how did the books look? i suspect a VF- 7.5 for the FF 26 and the FF 28.

I'm in the south bay. All 3 were VF- to VF+. Nice books with great gloss and color but some edge wear. The 28 had a water stain that may bring it down further. I don't know how CGC feels about those. I bid on the 26 but people were going a bit nuts with all 3 considering the description and pictures. I think he'll have some returns when the books don't come in as NMs.

when i read water stain on the backcover, i knew not to bid more than $100 for that book, as for the FF 26, he said small slight scuffing on the spine, and that told me VF- and no better. which book appeared to you as VF+? they're nice books for being a one owner, but as for buying to flip after slabbed, no, not if they went over $100. wink.gifsmile.gif

The 26 has a shot as a VF+. The 27 was a VF- and the 28 without the water stain would probably have been a 9. Actually wanted the 26 for myself but wasn't worth bidding over the VF guide price. The guy had a great story though. Bought everything off the shelf before joining the Navy. Apparently had all the early Marvel stuff in similar condition but gave them to a buddy when he went to the service. The ones he had up on Ebay were what was left over. Said he paid $8 for a F.F. 1 because he hadn't gotten that off the shelf and thought he was being ripped off!!! Unfortunately his buddie had the books stolen and pawned off at a Napa pawn broker shop. Pawn broker with a couple of hundred high grade early silver Marvels. Damn some peoples' luck.

Yeah they paid VF slabbed prices. They were probably hoping they would come in as NM and if not the guy has an iron clad refund policy. He'll even pay your return postage. So I guess people thought they'd throw the dice and hope for true NMs. I've seen worse gambles on ebay, some truly amaze me. People must have more disposable income then I do, cause they sure are throwing it away on some "AS IS" auctions.