• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[Re-holder?] Tiny white spots over black ink on cover

6 posts in this topic

Greetings,

I'd like to send in a book for reslabbing and I'd like to know if the following would be accepted: I have a CGC 9.8 copy #6 of The Walking Dead. The image on the front is a black silhouette of Rick holding a shovel. I've now noticed these small, white dots in the black ink areas of this image. They appear to be on the inside of the plastic holder and not on the comic itself, which is what I'm praying for.

I'd like to send this in for the reholder service -- will this be accepted? The submission rules mention reholding service for "chipped, scratched or cracked holder that has not been opened or had its seals broken" only?

I dont (and would never) want to open the item on my own to determine where these spots are, but I don't want these spots inside my slab. And I'd also like to be sure these spots aren't on my comic -- they were not present when I sent this item in for grading the first time (which is why I received the nice 9.8 grade).

Thank you for your time and assistance.

I received this piece back today with the same spots in the areas as noted above. Interestingly I received the same grade 9.8, which is nice but puzzling since there are spots of some kind now on this comic. I included a note as instructed, but I didn't receive any note in return. Just (I'm assuming) a new slab, same number, same spots.

On 13 November 2013 at 3:38 PM, Garbs said:

Greetings,

I'd like to send in a book for reslabbing and I'd like to know if the following would be accepted: I have a CGC 9.8 copy #6 of The Walking Dead. The image on the front is a black silhouette of Rick holding a shovel. I've now noticed these small, white dots in the black ink areas of this image. They appear to be on the inside of the plastic holder and not on the comic itself, which is what I'm praying for.

I'd like to send this in for the reholder service -- will this be accepted? The submission rules mention reholding service for "chipped, scratched or cracked holder that has not been opened or had its seals broken" only?

I dont (and would never) want to open the item on my own to determine where these spots are, but I don't want these spots inside my slab. And I'd also like to be sure these spots aren't on my comic -- they were not present when I sent this item in for grading the first time (which is why I received the nice 9.8 grade).

Thank you for your time and assistance.

Hi did the spots get removed once your comic got reholdered? I'm only asking as I have the same problem and hope they are not on the comic

7 hours ago, MAD said:

Hi did the spots get removed once your comic got reholdered? I'm only asking as I have the same problem and hope they are not on the comic

FYI, this thread is 4 years old and the Poster hasn't been on in over 3 years. In summary, you will probably NOT get an answer.