• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Villains Month 3D Covers (Full Set, All 52) $175 Buy Now

98 posts in this topic

I full heatedly take responsibility and apologize for the eBay shilling. As you can see the are my first auctions and I didn't know the norms, or the fact that what i was doing was so heinous.

How can you not know the norms?

You can't play the novice card with shilling. It's fairly sophisticated scamming that takes premeditated actions like setting up multiple accounts in advance, pretending to be the buyer when you're actually the seller, etc.

This is total BS.

I full heatedly take responsibility and apologize for the eBay shilling. As you can see the are my first auctions and I didn't know the norms, or the fact that what i was doing was so heinous. All the auctions will be take down immediately.

Jkim2059 was the shilling acct, jkim2058 was the selling account.

I would like to take a moment to defend myself however, as I have been a decent member of this boards marketplace, outside of this YouTube blunder. Take a look at my feedback thread, please feel free to contact any of those members about my qualities as a seller and buyer. Pics always pay and ship in time, with the most active comma possible.

While getting it all out on the table, I have been accused of using personal hardships to attempt to garner sympathy and even sales. A lot of you fail to believe the severity of some of these real life situations. At every step I've offered doubters to PM me for proof of doctors bills, police reports or the like, never once have I been taken up on the offer, yet the claims of "BS" continue.

I've spent 10/ of thousands of dollars on purchases on this site and have sold thousands as well, I up on this eBay thing, but I'm tired of feeling like I'm a black sheep for being open about what's going on in my life

Ike illing to Dow hate we to mKe this right, or walk away from these boards all together. I've LOVED. my time here, made friends and had great convos but I continue to feel like I'm against it.

Drew.

You can't play the victim any more buddy. You have been caught.

Wow. Just... wow.

:facepalm:

What is the shill-account name you use, Symbiotic?? I need to know both names to add to my blocked bidder list. I personally never want to do business with you.

-slym

jkim2059 is one of his shills. (thumbs u

Thanks!

I full heatedly take responsibility and apologize for the eBay shilling. As you can see the are my first auctions and I didn't know the norms, or the fact that what i was doing was so heinous. All the auctions will be take down immediately.

Jkim2059 was the shilling acct, jkim2058 was the selling account.

I would like to take a moment to defend myself however, as I have been a decent member of this boards marketplace, outside of this YouTube blunder. Take a look at my feedback thread, please feel free to contact any of those members about my qualities as a seller and buyer. Pics always pay and ship in time, with the most active comma possible.

While getting it all out on the table, I have been accused of using personal hardships to attempt to garner sympathy and even sales. A lot of you fail to believe the severity of some of these real life situations. At every step I've offered doubters to PM me for proof of doctors bills, police reports or the like, never once have I been taken up on the offer, yet the claims of "BS" continue.

I've spent 10/ of thousands of dollars on purchases on this site and have sold thousands as well, I up on this eBay thing, but I'm tired of feeling like I'm a black sheep for being open about what's going on in my life

Ike illing to Dow hate we to mKe this right, or walk away from these boards all together. I've LOVED. my time here, made friends and had great convos but I continue to feel like I'm against it.

Drew.

If you need to be told that ripping people off is bad, then you have some serious issues.

Don't try to cloud the issue by trotting out the sympathy card.

No sympathy being looked for here, just trying to explain myself and give everyone their chance to either have it at me or drop me some advice.

Shillign is never ok. If you sell books in an auction format you have to accept the price they sell at.

Just two days ago I had to let a book go for $5.5 when I thought it was worth about $80. Also as I got postage wrong it actually cost me money to sell it after fees lol

Like I said these were my first auctions, and I had no idea how he practice affected honest sellers and the market as a whole. Now that it's been explained to me, I will never ever again participate in such action.

Yet you just said you've "bought and sold 10's of thousands of dollars worth of books here, yet you didn't know you're way in and out of e-bay? :screwy:

B.S. meh

I think the best thing you can do is say sorry, say you won't do it again and then don't do it again.

(shrug)

As far as personal life goes, sometimes being too open of a book draws criticism. May play your personal life a little closer to your chest.

2c

lol

Come on Roy. He's not doing a TMI about some girl he dated...he's being open about scamming people.

Shillign is never ok. If you sell books in an auction format you have to accept the price they sell at.

Just two days ago I had to let a book go for $5.5 when I thought it was worth about $80. Also as I got postage wrong it actually cost me money to sell it after fees lol

Like I said these were my first auctions, and I had no idea how he practice affected honest sellers and the market as a whole. Now that it's been explained to me, I will never ever again participate in such action.

Yet you just said you've "bought and sold 10's of thousands of dollars worth of books here, yet you didn't know you're way in and out of e-bay? :screwy:

B.S. meh

+1

Drew.

Just curious, I can't decipher what you were trying to say because of the typos.

Could you clarify?

I think the best thing you can do is say sorry, say you won't do it again and then don't do it again.

(shrug)

As far as personal life goes, sometimes being too open of a book draws criticism. May play your personal life a little closer to your chest.

2c

lol

Come on Roy. He's not doing a TMI about some girl he dated...he's being open about scamming people.

C'mon, is anyone really surprised about who is thinking he can be redeemed? lol

(shrug)

2c

lol

lol

I'll be nice and just say that if I ever got into big trouble, I would love to have Roy as my Defense Attorney. :)

(shrug)

2c

lol

lol

I'll be nice and just say that if I ever got into big trouble, I would love to have Roy as my Defense Attorney. :)

The ultra-long winded statements would bore the jury into voting not guilty just to get out of the courtroom. :blahblah:

Yes I obviously knew shilling was not a morally ok practice, but I didn't consider it to be outright scamming, any more than motivating the auction to a higher price at a faster speed.

Im not trying to play the victim,I'm not looking for forgiveness.

If shilling is by defining tin scamming, the I guess I'm a spammer, but I've never once come close to scamming in the Forum sales threads. I've bought and sold an AF 15, keys across the ages from boar dies, and always with the upmost professionalism.

I messed up real bad here, I see that now and I understand. If you want to prob me, ban me, or never deal with me again I also understand. But you'd be losing a member who outside of this shilling duck up has conducted tons of successful and honorable deals.

(shrug)

2c

lol

lol

The TMI was in response to his medical bills, financial troubles, etc. That is the stuff that I told him is probably not worth sharing on the internet, especially if it happens more than once or twice. (shrug)

As far as the shill bidding, I certainly wasn't defending that. There is no defense for it.

All he can do at this point is not do it ever again.

I have no problem with forgiveness, especially for a first offense. God knows some of you guys can use it. lol

:baiting:

That doesn't make shilling your own auctions acceptable. Your actions, all of them, are judged accordingly. If you are a firefighter and save lives every week, but murder someone, you are still a murderer.

Good job saving us all a bunch of time and money with you. I think no one will want to do business with you now, not openly anyway.

-slym

B.S. meh

+1

+1,000,000

-slym

That doesn't make shilling your own auctions acceptable. Your actions, all of them, are judged accordingly. If you are a firefighter and save lives every week, but murder someone, you are still a murderer.

Good job saving us all a bunch of time and money with you. I think no one will want to do business with you now, not openly anyway.

-slym

I find that metaphor a bit ridiculous. If I've lost peoples business that's more than understandable though.

-slym

because of you im now skeptical of all firefighters

-slym

I find that metaphor a bit ridiculous. If I've lost peoples business that's more than understandable though.

The metaphor is actually spot on.

There are some things that you just cannot do and expect to be welcome within a community, no matter how many successful transactions you have under your belt.

Yes I obviously knew shilling was not a morally ok practice, but I didn't consider it to be outright scamming, any more than motivating the auction to a higher price at a faster speed.

Im not trying to play the victim,I'm not looking for forgiveness.

If shilling is by defining tin scamming, the I guess I'm a spammer, but I've never once come close to scamming in the Forum sales threads. I've bought and sold an AF 15, keys across the ages from boar dies, and always with the upmost professionalism.

I messed up real bad here, I see that now and I understand. If you want to prob me, ban me, or never deal with me again I also understand. But you'd be losing a member who outside of this shilling duck up has conducted tons of successful and honorable deals.

The bolded part above is just shows you're only in it to take people for their money. An honest seller would let the auction run it's natural course, you win some, you lose some. Shilling just shows where your ethics and morals lie, and your's are lying in a sewer.

-slym

because of you im now skeptical of all firefighters

I seriously lold