• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DC Villains Month 3D Covers (Full Set, All 52) $175 Buy Now

98 posts in this topic

1. If you want to prob me - No

2. , ban me, - Maybe

3. or never deal with me again - Correct

I also understand.

4. But you'd be losing a member who outside of this shilling duck up has conducted tons of successful and honorable deals - . :roflmao:Step away from the crack pipe

Shilling is not OK but I'd bet the farm that there are lots of people that do it and just don't admit it.

I have people offer to bid on my books all the time. I don't take them up on it but that makes me believe that it's common.

Kudos for having the nuts to come clean.

You lose your kudos because you do it. lol

i've never done it and don't plan to, but i can see a good reason one would want to do it: psychology.

people seem to be more willing to bid on a no-reserve $0.99-start auction than an auction with a (reasonable, even!) reserve price. not sure why that it, but i've seen it play out multiple times.

if someone just shilled once at their desired reserve price and let it go at that, i don't really see how that's any different than setting a reserve. but if they did it multiple times over their target reserve price, they're more eviler than skeletor.

if someone just shilled once at their desired reserve price and let it go at that, i don't really see how that's any different than setting a reserve. but if they did it multiple times over their target reserve price, they're more eviler than skeletor.

You need glasses.

-slym

I full heatedly take responsibility and apologize for the eBay shilling. As you can see the are my first auctions and I didn't know the norms, or the fact that what i was doing was so heinous. All the auctions will be take down immediately.

Jkim2059 was the shilling acct, jkim2058 was the selling account.

I would like to take a moment to defend myself however, as I have been a decent member of this boards marketplace, outside of this YouTube blunder. Take a look at my feedback thread, please feel free to contact any of those members about my qualities as a seller and buyer. Pics always pay and ship in time, with the most active comma possible.

While getting it all out on the table, I have been accused of using personal hardships to attempt to garner sympathy and even sales. A lot of you fail to believe the severity of some of these real life situations. At every step I've offered doubters to PM me for proof of doctors bills, police reports or the like, never once have I been taken up on the offer, yet the claims of "BS" continue.

I've spent 10/ of thousands of dollars on purchases on this site and have sold thousands as well, I up on this eBay thing, but I'm tired of feeling like I'm a black sheep for being open about what's going on in my life

Ike illing to Dow hate we to mKe this right, or walk away from these boards all together. I've LOVED. my time here, made friends and had great convos but I continue to feel like I'm against it.

Drew.

WOW! :idea:

Did this really happen?!? :flamed:

My mouth LITERALLY DROPPED while reading this! :news:

My eBay auction just ended a few hours ago, and the only reason it ended at the price it did IS NOT because someone was putting fake bids on the auction, but because a few hours before it ended I posted a thread in this forum and PEOPLE ACTUALLY INTERESTED BID ON IT. rantrant:rulez:

And guess what, I don't even think I made $ on it....... :sorry:

but hey at least I didn't do something illegal and highly dishonorable. :whee:

IDC if you gave me 90% off, I would never do business with someone like you....... meh2c

WWW.IC3.GOV investigates and prosecutes people who do exactly what you just did. So don't think i am joking when I said illegal....... :makepoint:

Let he who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone

Get off your high horse. I am only trying to help protect the upstanding members of this community from potential scam-artists. If no one said anything about bad people doing bad things, the bad people would only continue to do them.

-slym

This is the reason I don't buy or have anything to do with E-bay. I buy off comic auctioneers that advertise in the Overstreet or just or just buy off online comic retailers. With less potential buyers on E-bay like myself means less bids on items being sold by legit and honest E-bay sellers. This in a small way effects all sellers there.

Let he who is without sin among you, let him be the first to throw a stone

Get off your high horse. I am only trying to help protect the upstanding members of this community from potential scam-artists. If no one said anything about bad people doing bad things, the bad people would only continue to do them.

-slym

High horse? Wow! There has been this pervasive holier-than-thou attitude in this thread that makes one laugh by a large extent. Clearly this guy did something wrong and regardless if he knowingly did it or not really doesn't give you the right to judge him, unless of course you can sit here and tell us that since birth you have never done anything that was morally questionable. He screwed up, move on...

He didn't screw up. He intentionally tried to steal money from boardies knowing he was upping the price of his auctions intentionally.

Thats not a screw up that's a well thought out plan to bilk money from people.

He admitted it when caught and that is commendable but screwing up is when you make an honest mistake not a dishonest one.

Semantics brother. Your just beating a dead horse now. Relax and read the Sunday paper (thumbs u

REALLY? So, if a police officer accidentally discharged his weapon and seriously wounded an innocent, it is just "semantics" to say that is different than a police officer viciously shooting an innocent person with malice and seriously wounding them?

Intent, brother. All about intent.

Also, have I ever said I never did anything wrong? No. I am no angel. But have I ever screwed anyone on eBay, these boards, or anywhere else on a sale? No, I haven't, and I don't plan to.

Take your semantics and stick 'em where the sun don't shine, Susie.

-slym

Guy was WRONG.

PERIOD.

and he probably DID IT BEFORE just got CAUGHT NOW

SOCIOLOGY 101

If you can do something without getting caught you will

He admitted it which is alot more than most would do,

But he had very little choice as he does business on here.

Either way

Don't deal with him and move on.