• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Preacher - AMC

1,535 posts in this topic

If you never read the series then you'd be wondering what the Hell was the point of the Western 1800's flashback. They should've just went with more Saint Of Killers

Both my parents said they thought it was Better than walking dead and they don't understand things very easy imo... I don't agree with that but I am loving preacher

You still live with your parents? :baiting:

So :kidaround:

Both my parents said they thought it was Better than walking dead and they don't understand things very easy imo... I don't agree with that but I am loving preacher

You still live with your parents? :baiting:

So :kidaround:

Seriously, if you got your 'rents to watch Walking Dead and Preacher, they must be pretty cool (or else they really love you.) lol

I didn't read the comics except Saint of Killers, the absolute vertigo and final issue. I tried to get through the first episode and didn't make it. Really wasn't for me which was disappointing as it was talked about and hyped for so long. Maybe I will give it another try.

the PREACHER re-issue comics are looking pretty cool. :applause:

2 looks great. These will be free too?

These are already out.

I picked up one for free from my lcs a week or so ago.

The #2 is already out? I can't find it anywhere.

I only saw the cover for the #1. Oops :)

Cool. I ordered one from midtown comics. It was free.

I expected another short continuation of the Saint of Killers story. There was none. They seem to be just throwing random things against the wall in no particular order. Incoherent for the most part. Tulip's character gets worse each episode.

Was that bald guy at the beginning Heir Starr!?!? The guy "Danny" gave that note too but they wouldn't show us his face....he sure dressed like Heir Starr. Also, it seems a little early to be showing us Odin Quincannon. I guess it depends on the direction they are taking things.

Overall I like it so far. Cassidy is my favorite with Jesse a close second. I'll keep watching.

It's ok and a few non comic readers that I have asked about it have been enjoying it. It's better than a number of the other DCU / Vertigo shows that have been produced so far so I'm still watching. I get the feeling it's going to take a few more episodes though to see if it becomes a regular watch.

You guys are being impatient, you're all like "When are they gonna do this and that?? It's a marathon not a sprint.

It's been three episodes and nothing really has happened other than setting the stage. Even the previews for next episode shows that there is more set up a coming. At some point you have to actually have a plot that moves forward.

Also Tulips character is just awful. She smirks every 2 seconds and that scene with the cop was the worst writing so far on the show.