• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seth Rogen to make Preacher for AMC?

485 posts in this topic

To tell the truth, I'm losing excitement over this season so far. I'm still watching because I was such a fan of the series but it's been a bit lacking for me. The buddy relationship between Jessie, Tulip and Cassidy seems forced at times and feels awkward. The introduction of Herr Starr is the best thing going for it right now IMHO. Hope it gets better! :wishluck:

Last couple of episodes have slowed down a bit for me, but I'm still loving this series.  This is the only show I find myself anticipating every week and that's a first for me in a long time.

Full disclosure; I never read the series so I've nothing to compare it too.

The dynamic between the characters is nowhere even remotely similar to how the interactions were in the comics.

I understand they have to take some liberties with television adaptation, but neither the story or the characters or even slightly similar to their comic counterparts.

With that said, I'm enjoying the series, but I'd still love to see a much more faithful adaptation to the comic.

'Preacher' Renewed for Season 3 by AMC

OXVKpfK.png

Preacher fans will be especially happy to hear the news, as there was some anxiety that the series somewhat struggled in its sophomore season to generate the kind of fan acclaim and ratings that AMC likely hoped for.

The general consensus with fans is that Preacher season 2 fell into the same kind of trap that The Walking Dead season 2 did: keeping the characters stuck in the same place for too long a time. Even the most ardent Preacher TV fans were ready to get the hell out of Cassidy's son Denis' New Orleans apartment by the time Jesse Custer (Dominic Cooper) and Cassidy (Joseph Gilgun) finally set off again, heading for Angelville, with the corpse of Tulip O'Hare (Ruth Negga) in tow.

Still, despite some sophomore slumping, Preacher was still a fun and zany comic book TV experience, and season 2 had some particularly great action moments (Jesse vs. Viktor's mob), scares (The Saint of Killers), great new characters (Herr Starr), plenty of laughs and even some big reveals (God is the Man Dog!).

If season 3 can pick up the momentum, Preacher will be quickly get back on the good foot with fans. Look for Preacher season 3 sometime in 2018.

'Preacher' Casts Jonny Coyne as Allfather D'Aronique

Preacher Season Three has added Jonny Coyne in a key recurring role. Coyne will play Allfather D’Aronique, the gluttonous and powerful leader of The Grail, the secret society introduced in the Preacher’s second season.

johnny-coyne-1094077.jpeg

Coyne just completed a season-long storyline on NBC’s The Blacklist. He can next be seen in The Nun and Beirut.