• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Seth Rogen to make Preacher for AMC?

485 posts in this topic

The first pilot should reel you in..This was interesting but too "blurry" of an introduction. The first episode doesn't give you a "wow" factor like the walking dead. You really can't understand what is going on. This series will eventually die out...That being said....The Crossed series will be a lot better!

Just finished and I feel kind of eh about it. It kind of felt forced rather then telling a tale like Outcast. It was only the first episode but I'm hoping they get better quickly.

For everyone comparing Preacher to TWD, my recollection of Season 1 of TWD is that it was slow and did not reel you into until halfway through. The friends I introduced the show to did not like it at first either. It takes time for even the most successful shows to build characters up.

So who are the 2 guys that have been following Genesis? Are they Angels or are they the Grail.

Or something new?

Ask and ye shall receive:

http://www.bleedingcool.com/2016/04/26/deblanc-and-fiore-come-into-focus-in-new-preacher-photos/

AMC has released a number of cast photos for next month’s debut of Preacher. One of the new shots includes one of wayward angels Fiore and DeBlanc. Okay, technically they’re not wayward yet as they’ve been sent to find Genesis, but readers of the Garth Ennis and Steve Dillon comic book know their search skewers their perspectives a bit.

Played by actors Tom Brooke and Anatol Yusef, they continue the series’ re-imaging of the original comic with the characters shedding their robes for cowboy hats and “slick” government agent attire. Also, it is interesting to note how much Brooke looks like both a Seraph and Herr Starr — which is to say he’s a Dillon illustration come to life.

Yup, that's what I thought.

Doesn't one of the two of them have the pleasure of waking the SOK? That'll be fun. :devil:

If this season is supposed to end off where Preacher #1 starts, does that mean we have to wait until next season for SOK? :cry:

not sure...but apparently we will be introduced to a "cowboy" next episode.

Yes, pleeease people, let's give it at least 4 episodes.

My biggest criticism is how they're rolling out the show. WTF? Premiere and then 2 weeks before the 2nd episode. Really stupid.

AMC just simply does not show new episodes on holiday weekends. Memorial Day, Labor Day etc...and like I said I'm in for four episodes minimum. I hope I'm wrong, but right at the moment I'm not exactly craving more.

Hey, guys, Mile High's offering a super deal on Preacher - 40% off the entire run. And with the already bargain price of just $182 for a Fine copy of issues 2-10 (only $93 for Good!) how can you turn it down?

Hey, guys, Mile High's offering a super deal on Preacher - 40% off the entire run. And with the already bargain price of just $182 for a Fine copy of issues 2-10 (only $93 for Good!) how can you turn it down?

Mile High is discounting something that's hot? Someone better check the book of Revelations to see if the end is nigh.

There's a reason the other half of their name is "high", and I don't believe it's because they're smoking the wacky weed.

It's sort of weird, but I wasn't overly enthused with what I saw the first time around. I ended up watching it a couple of more times and now I'm in love with the show.

I'm pretty confident this will only get better with time and become a juggernaut of a series.

That is not a discount, by any stretch.I'd say they are manipulating the buyer into paying a premium for lesser demand ( read as unslabbable) copies, in one fell swoop.

That is the oldest trick in the book, when it comes to moving off lesser grade books, in one shot.

They take a set of 66 issues, none of which would really justify grading fees, and jack the price as high up as can be....and then advertise a "40% off clearance discount".

They know that they have a wide enough of a cutomer base , that they will be able to capitalize on a sucker who has money to burn and....whammo-they rake in a thousand dollars(or whatever the price is on the set) for straightup mid grade/reader copies of books that would be difficult , and would take a long amount of waiting time, to move individually.

That is not a discount, by any stretch.I'd say they are manipulating the buyer into paying a premium for lesser demand ( read as unslabbable) copies, in one fell swoop.

That is the oldest trick in the book, when it comes to moving off lesser grade books, in one shot.

They take a set of 66 issues, none of which would really justify grading fees, and jack the price as high up as can be....and then advertise a "40% off clearance discount".

They know that they have a wide enough of a cutomer base , that they will be able to capitalize on a sucker who has money to burn and....whammo-they rake in a thousand dollars(or whatever the price is on the set) for straightup mid grade/reader copies of books that would be difficult , and would take a long amount of waiting time, to move individually.

I thought I had made my sarcasm clear, but I always forget that it's not always clear on the internet.

Chuckles could offer 90% off his ludicrous prices here and still be well over FMV.

Have not read most of this thread. I know very little about Preacher outside of the few issues I read in the #80s range.

Downloaded the Preacher season one 1 hr tv pilot, and liked it. :applause: Glad the budget is under control by filming in the suburbs/ ranch land to look like Texas. Interesting cast of main and side characters with Preacher Jessie Custer, ex-girlfriend Tulip, and crazy Irish bloke. I can see Seth Rogen's hand in directing when the scene was ridiculous or extreme else that is what the Garth Ennis's Preacher comics were all about.

Very stylized. A lot of looseness.

I never read the comic so this is all new to me and have zero expectations.

Off of the pilot I am intrigued, but far from loving it.

I will need a couple more episodes to let it sink in though.

I'm not sure how many episodes I can watch of a live-action TV show that has a major character with a butthole for a mouth.

How about a major character with a butthole for a mouth that becomes a rock star!?

Arseface FTW!

I'm not sure how many episodes I can watch of a live-action TV show that has a major character with a butthole for a mouth.

How about a major character with a butthole for a mouth that becomes a rock star!?

Arseface FTW!

I just hope we get to meet his girlfriend Lorie and Jessie's family. :)

Finally watched Episode 2 last night after PVRing it on Sunday. I thought it did a good job of introducing the Saint of Killers as well as Jody & TC (discussion with Cassidy re: where Jesse learned how to fight). Based on how they are starting things off, it looks like the Saint of Killers will be slowly introduced bit by bit until a full appearance at the end of this season.

It is also fun to watch Jesse run into problems when he is first learning to use his power. The unintended consequences are interesting to say the least.

I am not a huge fan of Ruth Negga as Tulip. She is miscast so far IMHO.

Edited by kimik